HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Moulson to Boston

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-17-2011, 04:19 PM
  #51
Sideline
Registered User
 
Sideline's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
What's he like as a player?
From 4 or so viewings this year:

-Not truculent, but not soft. Goes to the hard areas.
-Passable, not great skater.
-Good hands in tight, nice wrist shot.
-Most goals are greasy (game should translate to the playoffs).
-Probably not a great focal point for a line, he's better suited to ride shotgun with a guy or two that will carry the puck and get it to the net.
-Not lazy on the back check.

Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:19 PM
  #52
piqued
Global Moderator
victory green?
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 30,658
vCash: 27750
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
That is why the Ilse's are trading him. You would have to be insane to want to stay and the Islanders don't want any insane people "playing" on their team.
This sounds like something out of Catch-22.

piqued is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:19 PM
  #53
StuDog
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barsuk View Post
why trade moulson? he's been a bright spot aside johnnyT
the isles need some NHL caliber players on their roster, besides he's only in his mid to late 20s; 27? but don't quote me on this one.
Well he was awarded a $2.25 million dollar contract this season, and Chuck Wang is in cheap mode. Plus Garth Snow loves his 2nd round picks. This Isles management is a joke if they do this. Not saying Moulson is some great talent, but they picked him up off of waivers, he likes it there, and will pot 20-30 goals a year with 15-20 assists. He also goes to the dirty areas infront of the net.

StuDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:25 PM
  #54
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuDog View Post
Well he was awarded a $2.25 million dollar contract this season, and Chuck Wang is in cheap mode. Plus Garth Snow loves his 2nd round picks. This Isles management is a joke if they do this. Not saying Moulson is some great talent, but they picked him up off of waivers, he likes it there, and will pot 20-30 goals a year with 15-20 assists. He also goes to the dirty areas infront of the net.
I agree not re-signing Moulson is a bad move ( unless he's asking for something outragious in his contract talks).

Moulson was signed as a ufa,not off waivers.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:25 PM
  #55
JawandaPuck
Moderator
Lost Art of Dynasty
 
JawandaPuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barsuk View Post
why trade moulson? he's been a bright spot aside johnnyT
the isles need some NHL caliber players on their roster, besides he's only in his mid to late 20s; 27? but don't quote me on this one.
Because Charles Wang and NYI are stuck in an antiquated arena until its lease is up in 2015. When one is bleeding dollars, one tends to reduce expenditures.

Moulson will be looking for a raise this off-season. And NYI will be drafting in the top 5 this summer. That latter mitigates the loss of the former in the mind of an owner of a currently profitless franchise.

JawandaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:28 PM
  #56
StuDog
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I agree not re-signing Moulson is a bad move ( unless he's asking for something outragious in his contract talks).

Moulson was signed as a ufa,not off waivers.
that's right, sorry.

StuDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:29 PM
  #57
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post
Because Charles Wang and NYI are stuck in an antiquated arena until its lease is up in 2015. When one is bleeding dollars, one tends to reduce expenditures.

Moulson will be looking for a raise this off-season. And NYI will be drafting in the top 5 this summer. That latter mitigates the loss of the former in the mind of an owner of a currently profitless franchise.
There's this thing called the salary cap floor.Isles will have to spend.

And if Wang doesn't want to spend,he should quit saying he doesn't want to sell the team when Peltz wants them.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:31 PM
  #58
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares
 
Kevin27nyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,099
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by russians View Post
Ryder and a 2nd?
islanders Main Objective: save money. that trade^^ does not save money. that trade fails.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:34 PM
  #59
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,730
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastoftheEast85 View Post
Could the Islanders be looking for a quality center and move Tavares back to wing. Boston has a surplus of those. Maybe Krejci for Moulson?
Why the Islanders say no is beyond me, benefits both clubs.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:37 PM
  #60
JawandaPuck
Moderator
Lost Art of Dynasty
 
JawandaPuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
There's this thing called the salary cap floor.Isles will have to spend.

And if Wang doesn't want to spend,he should quit saying he doesn't want to sell the team when Peltz wants them.
NYI could use any available dollars to sign another Matt Moulson or PA Parenteau this off-season. That looking-for-a-second-chance UFA could stand beside the net and with enough TOI, also pot 15-20 goals by the end of the season.

Additionally, there's a thing called a Brian Rolston 35+ buyout. High cap hit yet actual dollar payout only 2/3 of cap hit. See Donald Brashear 35+ buyout in ATL circa 2010.

JawandaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:37 PM
  #61
Jerry Lundegaard
Sutter for Captain
 
Jerry Lundegaard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,033
vCash: 500
Poor Isles...


It's a shame what's happening to a once successful and celebrated NHL franchise.

Jerry Lundegaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:37 PM
  #62
NewEnglandSportsFan*
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Worcester MA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,744
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NewEnglandSportsFan*
why would the bruins be needing him? I think they are on a roll.

NewEnglandSportsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:37 PM
  #63
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On
 
Winroba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
From 4 or so viewings this year:

-Not truculent, but not soft. Goes to the hard areas.
-Passable, not great skater.
-Good hands in tight, nice wrist shot.
-Most goals are greasy (game should translate to the playoffs).
-Probably not a great focal point for a line, he's better suited to ride shotgun with a guy or two that will carry the puck and get it to the net.
-Not lazy on the back check.
Wonder if Gillis would be interested.... supposedly he's been talking with the Islanders for a while now. I don't know anything about him but Canucks are needing a power forward type to make space for Kesler.

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:38 PM
  #64
pattyb91
Registered User
 
pattyb91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Merrick, NY
Posts: 1,590
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to pattyb91

^ me right now......
this better not ****ing happen....Matty is apart of the solution not the problem, they have to keep him.

pattyb91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:38 PM
  #65
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
If I were the flyers I would be going hard after moulson. Would Nodl + 2011 first get her done?

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:39 PM
  #66
remer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,218
vCash: 500
Sounding more like Matt to Atlanta and not Boston, if he doesn't agree on an extension.

remer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:39 PM
  #67
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!
 
Scottyk9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: East Rutherford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 25,020
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Isles trying really hard to beat the Devils and finish 30th

EFF you Garth.

Scottyk9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:40 PM
  #68
ranold26
Get off my rink!
 
ranold26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,284
vCash: 500
BOS: Kaberle
TOR: Moulson
NYI: 2011BOS2 and Ryder


ranold26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:44 PM
  #69
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post
Sounding more like Matt to Atlanta and not Boston, if he doesn't agree on an extension.
I read IslanderPride's post on the NYI board.

He says ***************'s reportiing the Thrashers have made a late bid for Moulson and that Snow given Moulson and rep an ultimatum.They have 72 hrs to take the isles offer or he'll be dealt according to Bob.

This sounds like the isles have a set amount in mind for Moulson.Just like with Jason Blake(offered 3 yrs/$10m),they don't look to be budging.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:45 PM
  #70
Rabid Ranger
Imperiled Knight
 
Rabid Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The Abyss
Country: United States
Posts: 19,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
If I were the flyers I would be going hard after moulson. Would Nodl + 2011 first get her done?
No offense, but offers like this is why you're not a NHL GM. Moulson will not get that return, and in reality many teams are probably gunshy on offering much of anything due to the type of player he is (on dimensional scorer), the situation he's currently in (contract!), and the quality of team he's on (not good is being kind).

Rabid Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:46 PM
  #71
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,730
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Isles trying really hard to beat the Devils and finish 30th

EFF you Garth.
This years draft is really a toss up, unless your going for defenceman in Larsson and if thats the case I do understand the need for the #1 pick.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:46 PM
  #72
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post
BOS: Kaberle
TOR: Moulson
NYI: 2011BOS2 and Ryder

Yeah,the isles with tied with Edmonton for the 2nd fewest pts in the nhl,want impending ufa Ryder.

He's gonna be a huge help for the 2010-2011 playoff run

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:48 PM
  #73
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares
 
Kevin27nyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,099
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyb91 View Post

^ me right now......
this better not ****ing happen....Matty is apart of the solution not the problem, they have to keep him.
haha, i had the same reaction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
If I were the flyers I would be going hard after moulson. Would Nodl + 2011 first get her done?
yes, id still rather resign moulson.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Isles trying really hard to beat the Devils and finish 30th

EFF you Garth.
id prefer winning more games, resigning moulson, drafting between 10-15 and add a good prospect and then adding some more pieces during free agency then losing more games, trading matt moulson, drafting top 5, getting tier 3 free agents.

anyway, i dont want to put too much into this until i hear more concrete things then hearsay. i hope he gets extended soon to stop this talk, however, buccigross seems like a straight shooter, and not one to just stir things up so i do think theres something going on here, especially since bob mckenzie didnt shoot down moulson getting traded, just shot down boston as an option.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:49 PM
  #74
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,563
vCash: 500
Alright.With the rumor that Atlanta is quietly shopping Bogo,what do the isles have to add to land Bogo?

Moulson+2011 1st?

Moulson+Bailey?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:54 PM
  #75
s1r0ky
Mr. Optimistic
 
s1r0ky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 191
vCash: 500
http://twitter.com/eklund

Oh well

s1r0ky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.