HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

J-bow or Regehr to Devils...

Old
01-17-2011, 08:59 PM
BurnEmUp

vCash: 500
Jay Bouwmeester (6,680,000)
Mikael Backlund (1,270,833)

for

Henrik Tallinder (3,375,000)
Jason Arnott (4,500,000)

2011 1st Round Pick (Devils)

Eh? How about that? You know you wanna.

Sign here -> X________________

BurnEmUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:02 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

J-Bow for Rolston + Clarkson

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:21 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnEmUp View Post
Jay Bouwmeester (6,680,000)
Mikael Backlund (1,270,833)

for

Henrik Tallinder (3,375,000)
Jason Arnott (4,500,000)

2011 1st Round Pick (Devils)

Eh? How about that? You know you wanna.

Sign here -> X________________
Haha, Devils would say no even if you didn't sneak 1st rounder in there.

J-Bo's contract is too much money for the Devils to take on. Arnott's 4.5 expires at the end of the year so we'd rather just hold onto that.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:22 PM
Mgd31

What are the Flames needs?

Interested in Elias, Clarkson, Zubrus, Tallinder, prospects?

Mgd31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:27 PM
boredmale

Bouwmeester for Kovalchuk

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
Bouwmeester for Kovalchuk
Nah.

Rolston & Tallinder for Bouwmeester? Sure.

Devilsfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:42 PM
BurnEmUp

Would Rolston waive to come play for Brent?

I thought he hated Sutter.

Old
01-17-2011, 09:47 PM
Nedved1*

^^^^ I told ya to trade Bouwmeester.

Nedved1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:54 PM
BurnEmUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved1 View Post
^^^^ I told ya to trade Bouwmeester.
Yeah, you're the genius that figures Bouwmeester would net a better return than Iginla.

I don't think hockey discussion is your thing fella. Maybe try taking up lawn bowling or needle point.

Old
01-17-2011, 09:59 PM
ponder

Bouwmeester is overpaid and on a fairly long deal, if the Flames are finally considering blowing it up and going for a rebuild through the draft then a deal along the lines of Bouwmeester for Rolston (much shorter deal) + prospect/youngster could make sense I suppose. I don't get Regehr though, they're already loaded with defensive dmen who suck with the puck on their stick. Also, I'd think the Devils would want to delay this till the deadline/offseason, no point in getting better now and potentially ruining their draft position!

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:59 PM
EnglishDevil

No interest in Regehr whatsoever, we have enough stay at home defencemen already. Bouwmeester would be interesting, although he has been pretty poor since he signed that monster contract with Calgary.

The fact of the matter is the only way this trade feasibly works is if Rolston (or Salvador AND Tallinder) go back the other way. Seeing as Calgary is pretty solid on the defencemen front, Rolston would be the only logical salary that we could send back to them without handcuffing our team too much in the long term.

Obviously Rolston only has one year left on his deal after this, at 5m, Bouwmeester has 3 years left at over 6 million per if i'm correct? I very much liked Jay when he was with the Panthers, he's a gifted offensive defenceman who just hasn't been a good fit with Calgary, plus with Giordano turning out to be as good as he is they don't really have as much as a need for Jay as they did when they signed him.

The ultimate problem is both of these teams are already pushed up against the cap (not as badly as some people on these boards will have you think) which makes it difficult to see them as trading partners.

Obviously if Calgary really wants Bouwmeester gone, Rolston only having one year left on his deal would help them free up a large amount of cap room sooner than waiting for Jays deal to expire, which might entice them into a deal. I severely doubt the Flames will be competitive next year anyway, not with how strong the western conference is, so they could just sit around and wait for Rolstons contract to expire if they wanted to.

The Devils could take his contract back, it would be an addition of a mere 1.5m salary next year, and we'd have a puck moving defenceman instead of another winger. The couple of years after that wouldn't be too much of a problem, i believe Elias, Brodeur, White and Salvador amongst others come off the books, and we'll still have more than enough room to re-sign Parise this offseason regardless.

Honestly it would just depend on how low Calgary would be willing to sell on Bouwmeester and whether the Devils thought he could turn it around, in reality he's still better than what we have.

Do Calgary fans really want him gone that badly? NJ wouldn't be able to give up anything significant for him, especially considering his value has taken a significant drop since he signed with the Flames.

I'd gladly take a chance on him for Rolston (has to be included in the deal / or Salvador and Tallinder) and an average prospect / pick or something, but it would ultimately depend on what the Flames are expecting in return for him.

EnglishDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 12:05 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
With what cap space? Devils need to sign Parise. They won't be shopping anywhere but the bargain bin.
Maybe their cap mistake will go the other way. Really though nothing to this it's just more verbal diarhea

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 12:09 AM
Jules Winnfield
I gives no ****s!!!

Devils would have to clear some cap space but Bouwmeester would provide them with some much needed transition game in the backend. I think he'd be a pretty good fit in NJ.

Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 12:18 AM
EliasR8
Brendan Shanahan!

vCash: 1050
JBo for Rolston,Clarkson, and something else that is not Zajac,Parise,Kovalchuk,Tedenby,Josefson,Merrill, Elias,Zharkov,2011 1st round pick

Yeah pretty much not going to happen.

EliasR8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 12:19 AM
Mgd31

Is Bouwmeester considered a salary dump at this point? Like what is his value really?

I'm not criticizing him, I'm just curious because I haven't seem him play recently

Mgd31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 12:43 AM
BigT2002

vCash: 50
I can't see this ever happening...

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 12:49 AM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

The minute Rolston is brought up, trade discussions will be dead.

The Calgary Flames have no interest in that player. It doesn't even matter that New Jersey would need to move him for cap reasons - that contract you simply just do not take on. One of the wost contracts in the league, hands down.

Sorry Devils fans, but you're stuck with Rolston. The over-35 rule attached to Rolston's contract is the real egg on the face there. Your GM messed up, and now unfortunately your team is going to have to deal with it.

Bouwmeester isn't available, anyways. The hate he's getting here is ridiculous. He's nowhere near as bad as some are making him out to be.

He's a pillar on Calgary's defense, and he will continue to be for the duration of his contract. He's only 27. There is simply no reason to move him right now. While he could provide more offense, I'm extremely happy with the strengths he provides our team with.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 12:52 AM
Remember2004

Maybe since Kovalchuk is under performing we could work a deal around Bouwmeester for Kovalchuk? Maybe Kovalchuk will do better in the West and Bouwmeester will do better in the East.
But why would both of these players waive their NTC/NMC.
Bouwmeester has been playing better this season but until he pulls 20g out of his a** and gets 30 assist then hes not living up to his contract and I could probably say the same with Kovalchuk if he needs to get 30+ goals?

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 01:13 AM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGD31 View Post
Is Bouwmeester considered a salary dump at this point? Like what is his value really?

I'm not criticizing him, I'm just curious because I haven't seem him play recently
Not at all, and the Flames would not treat him as such.

HF is ridiculous, He has struggled offensively for HIS standards but even then he is a 30 point 5-10 goal guy that eats 27+Mins a night.

I find it funny how everybody criticizes the flames overall team speed but dont take that into account when discussing Jay's offensive production. The lack of overall team speed significantly hurts his game and offensive totals.

Bouwmeester was great tonight offensively by just getting the pucks towards the net and properly utilizing his speed to jump into the rush. He was dynamic all night long, now he just has to be allowed and encouraged to do so on a nightly basis by the coaching staff.
Maybe we are starting to see him adapt to the flames system.

And for the record, No I would not trade Bouw' for Kovalchuck. ( And NJ fans are complaining about Jay's contract?)

Zajac + and Calgary listens

HighLifeMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 07:28 AM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Not at all, and the Flames would not treat him as such.

HF is ridiculous, He has struggled offensively for HIS standards but even then he is a 30 point 5-10 goal guy that eats 27+Mins a night.

I find it funny how everybody criticizes the flames overall team speed but dont take that into account when discussing Jay's offensive production. The lack of overall team speed significantly hurts his game and offensive totals.

Bouwmeester was great tonight offensively by just getting the pucks towards the net and properly utilizing his speed to jump into the rush. He was dynamic all night long, now he just has to be allowed and encouraged to do so on a nightly basis by the coaching staff.
Maybe we are starting to see him adapt to the flames system.

And for the record, No I would not trade Bouw' for Kovalchuck. ( And NJ fans are complaining about Jay's contract?)

Zajac + and Calgary listens
Zajac's+ and NJ hangs up. Zajac mentioned at all and NJ hangs up. I don't think we need J-Bo in the first place since we can fix our issues in the two upcoming offseasons without paying a defenseman 6.68 mil per year.

Also, Kovy's contract isn't bad, it's just long as hell. He's cheaper than J-Bo on a yearly basis, but having both together on a roster is crippling (especially considering Rolston, Brodeur, Elias, and a new contract for Parise.)

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 07:39 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
The minute Rolston is brought up, trade discussions will be dead.

The Calgary Flames have no interest in that player. It doesn't even matter that New Jersey would need to move him for cap reasons - that contract you simply just do not take on. One of the wost contracts in the league, hands down.

Sorry Devils fans, but you're stuck with Rolston. The over-35 rule attached to Rolston's contract is the real egg on the face there. Your GM messed up, and now unfortunately your team is going to have to deal with it.

Bouwmeester isn't available, anyways. The hate he's getting here is ridiculous. He's nowhere near as bad as some are making him out to be.

He's a pillar on Calgary's defense, and he will continue to be for the duration of his contract. He's only 27. There is simply no reason to move him right now. While he could provide more offense, I'm extremely happy with the strengths he provides our team with.
Rolston has one more year at 5M$ and J-Bow has 3 more years at 6.6M$... I'd rather keep a underachiever that will be off the books by the end of next year instead of 3. That kind of $$$ can be thrown at Markov, Kaberle, Erhorff or Pitkanen and you would get a much better player IMO.

Old
01-18-2011, 07:45 AM
HuskyFlames

Only way I see it happening if its Regehr for Zajac+. No way the devils give up good young assets or picks.

HuskyFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 07:46 AM
Model T

I think Jay Bouwmeester would be valuable as a player to the Devils, but their cap situation means the conversation doesn't really get going. Doesn't matter what they'd be willing to trade or what Calgary wants back. Volchenkov is the only defensive Devils defenseman who might be as good as Regehr, but they have White and Salvador and maybe others as well so I really don't see any reason to add defensive defensemen to that roster. Well, other than trying to follow the recent Lamoriello plan of dumping all offensive defensemen in favor of defensive ones.

Jay Bouwmeester is overpaid right now but he's not a Redden or a Rolston. He plays a lot of minutes, skates well, plays good defense, and is a plus player on a team without many of those. His offense has dropped off a lot compared to the Florida days, no question. He is on pace for 29 points, with one more goal and one less assist than Paul Martin in the same number of games played. I'd say he's overpaid by 1-1.5 million, not by 4 million like Rolston or 6.5 million like Redden. There's just no fit for Jersey though.

Model T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 07:49 AM
EliasR8
Brendan Shanahan!

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan View Post
Only way I see it happening if its Regehr for Zajac+. No way the devils give up good young assets or picks.
First of all Zajac+ wut?

Second we don't need defensive defensman we need offensive defenseman.

EliasR8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 07:59 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan View Post
Zajac +

**** Regehr, we have a ton of that **** already and that's one of the main reasons why we can't score goals. Colin White is the man at clearing the zone with a "off the glass and out" type of breakout.

We'll keep our #1 center thank you very much