HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

TB/TOR Trade Proposal

Old
01-17-2011, 11:01 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

vCash: 500
No one wants that albatross, even if we don't give up anything to get him.

It would also be a downgrade offensively losing MacArthur

Nizdizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:01 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
To Toronto:
Vincent lecavalier

To Tampa Bay:
Ben scrivens
Clarke mcarthur
Mike komisarek
Jerry D'amingo
Sure dude, why not.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:05 PM
Pyke*

I think Montreal should trade for him.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:06 PM
Flyers Fan Forever

Lecavalier for Gomez

Flyers Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:07 PM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

Vinny's a great player, and it would take a lot more quality from us if we want him a leaf

He is kind of going down hill(might just need a place where he is the star) and 7.7 long term is not exactly something Burke likes.

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:10 PM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

Send a message via AIM to Butchered
I'm in the minority among Lightning fans in that I would deal Lecavalier for just about anything. The guy makes ELITE player money and he's just not an elite player. He's the third best forward on his team.

I like Lecavalier. A lot. He's fun to watch on the ice when he's on his game and the things he's done in the community are just incredible but his contract is going to cripple his team in the future.

I'd do it.

Butchered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:14 PM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
I would Consider Komisarek + Mitchel + Lebda for Vinny, but probably not...

Vinny's contract makes him have zero value... can't see any team taking on that contract. Lol at the people who actually think he has value... Go Look at his numbers the past 2 years, he's getting older, his numbers are declining and although he is a legit number 1 centre his contract that pays him over 7.5 million through 2020 makes him impossible to move.
30 isn't old at all...

A 70 point player on a bad year with injuries is probably better than a PPG player in a good year, and a PPG player on average. Plus with Lecavelier's imporved defensive play, and the fact that Toronto has 0 1C possibilites, they should be all over this. You overpaid for Komi, Beauchemin, and Armstrong. Why not Vinny L?

Gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:20 PM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
30 isn't old at all...

A 70 point player on a bad year with injuries is probably better than a PPG player in a good year, and a PPG player on average. Plus with Lecavelier's imporved defensive play, and the fact that Toronto has 0 1C possibilites, they should be all over this. You overpaid for Komi, Beauchemin, and Armstrong. Why not Vinny L?
Armstrong was not an overpayment, and Vinny at 7.7 is more than overpayment especially later on when he will basically be a spectator. He is a good player, and will be maybe for a couple more years. The problem is he is not producing and after his prime he will be a horrible contract no one will want to touch

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:21 PM
mohare

for a 7.7 million hit per year the leafs could sign Brad Richards, and they could make that contract shorter term.

mohare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:39 PM
javier

Well to be nice lets just state that Toronto cannot fit Vinny's contract under their cap. So there's no chance Vinny to Toronto is going to happen, ever.

javier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:57 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
30 isn't old at all...

30 is old, especially when you started at 18. When you're now in the 3rd consecutive "bad year", thats no longer bad years, that's a downwards trend.

Toronto has a #1 centre possibility in Kadri, and didn't overpay for Beauchemin, while only marginally overpaying for Komisarek/Armstrong. $7.7m for Lecavalier isn't a marginal overpayment, it's substantial X 8 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javier View Post
Well to be nice lets just state that Toronto cannot fit Vinny's contract under their cap. So there's no chance Vinny to Toronto is going to happen, ever.
Actually, we can. We just don't want to.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 12:00 AM
phillipmike

Not sure about you guys but i do not like this deal at all for the Leafs. Sure Lecavalier could be that missing piece. But it is too risky with the length of his contract an age.

Lecavalier averages 69 pts in an 82 game season throughout his career. That is playing with St. Louis, Malone, Richards, Stamkos etc. Since the lockout he has been on pace for 68 pts in an 82 games season and has been on a 5 year steady decline (on an 82 game pace).

I would love to see Lecavalier line up next to Kessel. He is a very good player. But with his production, age and declining stats i wouldnt trade anything of value for him. 7.7M for nine more years for a 69 point centre? No thanks.

Last edited by phillipmike: 01-18-2011 at 12:06 AM.
phillipmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 12:11 AM
exporta

Quote:
Originally Posted by brevard View Post
As I often note Leaf fans add entertainment value to this place. They are a prime reason I come to the trades board.
One Leaf fan offers a deal that sends nothing of real value to another team for a proven top end player (who as such makes top end money). it should be noted that they included a bottom end player of their own who makes top end money just for ***** and giggles (disguised as for cap purposes).
Then other Leaf fans come in and trash it as an overpayment.

GAWD I LOVE THIS PLACE!!
I don't see it as an overpayment, underpayment 100%. However, @ 7.7 million for 8 more years for a player who isn't producing at a ppg or close is not what the Leafs need.

Even though Komisarek's contract is going the other way, he only has two more years left - not 8!

exporta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:10 AM
Rschmitz

Dealing him now would probably be the ultimate sell low, or maybe not.

Rschmitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:27 AM
Rainman2408

Burke would never take on that contract I don't think.

I would be really frustrated if Burke gave up the package that the OP suggested for sure. Don't get me wrong Vinny is great and I think a change would do him alot of good. I really believe he could be a PPG player but only for the next 4/5 years that cap hit in the late stages of his contract could really hurt the team IF he doesn't produce anymore.

I'm all for going hard after a number one center but not Vinny after he signed that contract.

(Good for him for getting it though.)

Really going to hurt Tampa in the very very near future when it comes time to resign Stamkos, Hedman, Connelly, Ashton and whoever else they have that will likely make a nice paycheck in the league one day cause you know Vinny and his 7.7m cap hit will still be there.

I bet in 2-3 years they will be looking for someone to take him for not much in return at all but the cap relief that they will desperately need. Likely send him to one of the cap floor teams as stated in an earlier post as his actuall salary will be much less. Good luck getting him to waive for a place like long island or pheonix. Maybe dallas if Richards is still playing there. Truthfully my guess is he retires playing for tampa.

my thoughts anyway.

cheers.

Rainman2408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:45 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
30 is old, especially when you started at 18. When you're now in the 3rd consecutive "bad year", thats no longer bad years, that's a downwards trend. Toronto has a #1 centre possibility in Kadri, and didn't overpay for Beauchemin, while only marginally overpaying for Komisarek/Armstrong. $7.7m for Lecavalier isn't a marginal overpayment, it's substantial X 8 years.

Actually, we can. We just don't want to.
I really hate to agree with J fried but he is right on this one his better day are behind him and huge contract

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:49 AM
medhatcanuck

hate siding with leaf fans, but who the hell wants him and 7.7 for 8?? noone,thats who.

Proposal isn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be.
TBL get a chance to get off the hook, TOR gets a iffy 1st line center. Sounds about right to me, Vinny needs a change of scenerey, and why not give him the lead in Toronto? Man's already got a SC, and could revitilize his career in a hockey market?

OP, not as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Maybe instead of Scrivens, add a forward, i dunno, im not a doctor.

medhatcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 04:24 AM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
No thanks, I want to keep Vinny and no way this package is even tempting..

01-18-2011, 07:34 AM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainman2408 View Post
Burke would never take on that contract I don't think.

I would be really frustrated if Burke gave up the package that the OP suggested for sure. Don't get me wrong Vinny is great and I think a change would do him alot of good. I really believe he could be a PPG player but only for the next 4/5 years that cap hit in the late stages of his contract could really hurt the team IF he doesn't produce anymore.

I'm all for going hard after a number one center but not Vinny after he signed that contract.

(Good for him for getting it though.)

Really going to hurt Tampa in the very very near future when it comes time to resign Stamkos, Hedman, Connelly, Ashton and whoever else they have that will likely make a nice paycheck in the league one day cause you know Vinny and his 7.7m cap hit will still be there.

I bet in 2-3 years they will be looking for someone to take him for not much in return at all but the cap relief that they will desperately need. Likely send him to one of the cap floor teams as stated in an earlier post as his actuall salary will be much less. Good luck getting him to waive for a place like long island or pheonix. Maybe dallas if Richards is still playing there. Truthfully my guess is he retires playing for tampa.

my thoughts anyway.

cheers.
Nope, guess again.

Bolt32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 07:39 AM
bobbyflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Realistically, it would take:

Kaberle + Reimer + 2012 1st if the Lightning even thought about trading Lecavalier. But they likely aren't, therefore, this is absolutely god awful.
Value-wise, maybe. But given Vinny's contract, hell no

bobbyflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 07:46 AM
JaymzB

The first question is, does Vinny even want to leave Tampa? Because if he does not, than any trade talk is a non-starter.

JaymzB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 07:50 AM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymzB View Post
The first question is, does Vinny even want to leave Tampa? Because if he does not, than any trade talk is a non-starter.
Wife and Kid born here, spent 10 million for a local hospital. They named a hospital wing after him. Spends maybe two to three weeks of the off season in Montreal, the rest here in Tampa.....Going to take a wild stab in the dark at this and say no...

Bolt32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 07:54 AM
gabeliscious

i just cant see any way toronto takes on a contract that is almost $8 million for the next 8 years.

mac is doing well and cheap, scivens is looking like a great goalie prospect, and damigo is also very promising. i think id rather keep those 3 then handcuff the team with a long contract.

if burke didnt open the vault for kovy, i cant see him opening it for vinny.

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 08:16 AM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Ring ring

“Stevie it’s Brian, I’d like to talk to you about Vincent”

“Hey Burkie, I’m listening what didja have in mind”

“Well I was wondering if you feel the need to move his 80+m”

“Jeez I don’t know Burkie, he’s still doing a pretty good job for us”

“Steve lets just cut to the chase, would you rather have four firsts for Stamkos or would you rather move the Lecavalier contract off your books”

“Brian you’re not saying you’d offer sheet my guy would you”

“Not necessarily but someone else might, LA is hungry y’know, I’m not sayin they would, but I’ll bet they kick tires”

“did you hear something, I mean that would be a disaster if that happened, we’ve got some good kids coming up and things are really happening here, but I’m handcuffed by this budget I have to adhere to”

“Yep I know that and thats why I’m willing to help you out, heres the deal, I like Tyler Bozak he’s a good kid and plays well and maybe deserves a shot at winning it all and the bottom line is you still may not have the goaltending, but next year, you might if you go after Breezy. With Vincents contract still on the books you may have a hard time putting all those moves together”

“So whats the offer other than Bozak, whom I’ll admit is a good looking kid and I think will be a solid Pk/2nd line centre, but I can’t do this one up, I’ll look foolish”

“I’ll send you Tyler, Jerry D’Amigo and my 1st in 2012, you can send me back Vincent and your 1st this summer and considering the money I’m taking off your payroll another 1st in 2013”

“How about we swap firsts in 2013”

“Sure Steve, but only if you throw in you’re 2nd in 2012”

“Done Brian and thanks a lot, I really appreciate it”

“No problem kid and call me Burkie all my friends do!"

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 08:19 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

tampa laughs at this

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote