HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jay Bouwmeester to Boston

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-17-2011, 09:36 PM
  #1
JurassicTunga
Registered User
 
JurassicTunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,065
vCash: 575
Jay Bouwmeester to Boston

Would this be a good trade dest. to trade JBo, B fans?

Colborne
Picks
Cap dump(Ryder, Ference)??

JurassicTunga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:41 PM
  #2
Mark Stuart*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,380
vCash: 500
No to Colborne.

No to his contract. 13M in one pairing is not something I want a part of. I like Bouwmeester, but not enough to give up anything of big value like Colborne.

Right now I'd offer:
Seidenberg (3.25M)
Ryder (4M)
Zach Hamil
Boston's 1st round pick

Offseason I'd offer:
Seidenberg (3.25M)
Maxime Sauve/Zach Hamil
Boston's #1 pick

Mark Stuart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:41 PM
  #3
Nachoman AlfieSavage*
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Eating nachos up top
Posts: 2,245
vCash: 500
I still say Colborne+1st+Whatever salary dumps Boston wants so long as they have less than 3 years left, and its a deal.

Mind you, i would be cautious of that contract if i were Boston.

Nachoman AlfieSavage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:46 PM
  #4
Seguins Dragon*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In Carls Garage
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,613
vCash: 500
ugh....


6.68 is a lot of cash for what he brings....

I dunno if I want him...

I know he has talent but its nearly Brian Campbell levels...

If he made an even 6 million I would do it.

Seguins Dragon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:47 PM
  #5
WreckItRask
Registered User
 
WreckItRask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 7,071
vCash: 500
No interest, but only because of his contract. I would take Jay Bo on my team any day of the week at $4million (and give up substantial assets to do so), would take him at closer to $5 million (though would give up substantially less), but I would have zero interest at Jay Bo at close to $7 million long term. I don't care how many minutes he plays...he's just not dominant enough to merit that kind of money.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 10:10 PM
  #6
unifiedtheory
Registered User
 
unifiedtheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Burnaby, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,145
vCash: 500
With his contract and sub standard play I'll pass.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 10:19 PM
  #7
8BostonRocker24
Registered User
 
8BostonRocker24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Los Gatos via Boston
Country: China
Posts: 9,213
vCash: 500
No interest in Jay at anything more then $3.5 million a year.


People are still fooled by him... thinking he's a #1 defenseman. He is closer to a #3 in my book then a #1. Reminds me a lot of Redden.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 10:21 PM
  #8
Mark Stuart*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
No interest in Jay at anything more then $3.5 million a year.


People are still fooled by him... thinking he's a #1 defenseman. He is closer to a #3 in my book then a #1. Reminds me a lot of Redden.
3.5M is Seidenberg money.... Bouw is worlds better than him. At every aspect of the game

Mark Stuart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 10:26 PM
  #9
Puckgenius*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: At the rink
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguins Dragon View Post
ugh....


6.68 is a lot of cash for what he brings....

I dunno if I want him...

I know he has talent but its nearly Brian Campbell levels...

If he made an even 6 million I would do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
No interest in Jay at anything more then $3.5 million a year.

Hey Jay already has 15pts on the season.

People are still fooled by him... thinking he's a #1 defenseman. He is closer to a #3 in my book then a #1. Reminds me a lot of Redden.
JBO a #3 dman? lol hes easily a top 2 dman at the absolute worst. Hes just not a flashy player so people dont think he is an top tier dman.

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 10:27 PM
  #10
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,872
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
No interest in Jay at anything more then $3.5 million a year.


People are still fooled by him... thinking he's a #1 defenseman. He is closer to a #3 in my book then a #1. Reminds me a lot of Redden.
You should submit this post to the news paper to be put in the Funnies.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 10:27 PM
  #11
Nachoman AlfieSavage*
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Eating nachos up top
Posts: 2,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
Hey Jay already has 15pts on the season.
Intangibles.

Nachoman AlfieSavage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 10:31 PM
  #12
8BostonRocker24
Registered User
 
8BostonRocker24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Los Gatos via Boston
Country: China
Posts: 9,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
JBO a #3 dman? lol hes easily a top 2 dman at the absolute worst. Hes just not a flashy player so people dont think he is an top tier dman.
Um... I did not call him a #3. I said:
Quote:
He is closer to a #3 in my book then a #1.
He's not a number 1, and any team that counts on him for top minutes is in trouble.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 10:36 PM
  #13
JurassicTunga
Registered User
 
JurassicTunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,065
vCash: 575
He could be better suited in the East and he'd have much better support in Boston than here.

JurassicTunga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 10:38 PM
  #14
Puckgenius*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: At the rink
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
Um... I did not call him a #3. I said:

He's not a number 1, and any team that counts on him for top minutes is in trouble.
How is any team that relies on him for top mins in trouble? Thats exactly what Jay excels best at - logging big mins. He plays in all situations and is one of the best skating dmen in the league and for a guy his size hes elite as far as covering the ice.

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 10:39 PM
  #15
almostawake
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,150
vCash: 500
Rumors of his demise have been greatly exaggerated. I'd love to have him on the Bruins but I think his contract would be a big issue. Now so much the 6.7M cap hit, more the length and uncertainty with the cap after next season.

The Bruins could afford to carry him as the #2 defenseman this season and next, but when the new CBA gets signed, who knows what the cap will look like.

If the owners manage to get a hard cap again it's going down, a lot. Then the Bruins would be completely hosed with Rask and Krejci still to be resigned.

almostawake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 10:55 PM
  #16
Flames 1st pick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyderFan1 View Post
No to Colborne.

No to his contract. 13M in one pairing is not something I want a part of. I like Bouwmeester, but not enough to give up anything of big value like Colborne.

Right now I'd offer:
Seidenberg (3.25M)
Ryder (4M)
Zach Hamil
Boston's 1st round pick

Offseason I'd offer:
Seidenberg (3.25M)
Maxime Sauve/Zach Hamil
Boston's #1 pick
I think the Flames should take a 1st for him...the rest are baggage that you can keep

JayBo has some talent but hasnt really proven he can be a winner

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 10:55 PM
  #17
WreckItRask
Registered User
 
WreckItRask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 7,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicTunga View Post
He could be better suited in the East and he'd have much better support in Boston than here.
That's great...he still makes $6.8 million/year, isn't dominant offensively, isn't dominant defensively, isn't dominant physically. He's a world class skater, but he's a good (not great) defenseman, and his salary should be reserved for guys that are considered great.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:01 PM
  #18
ComixZone
Registered User
 
ComixZone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,647
vCash: 500
...Flames have absolutely no interest in moving Bouwmeester.

ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:34 PM
  #19
8BostonRocker24
Registered User
 
8BostonRocker24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Los Gatos via Boston
Country: China
Posts: 9,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
How is any team that relies on him for top mins in trouble? Thats exactly what Jay excels best at - logging big mins. He plays in all situations and is one of the best skating dmen in the league and for a guy his size hes elite as far as covering the ice.
And the teams that relied on him to be a top-minute defenseman got where? How has Jay done come play off time?

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 12:20 AM
  #20
ComixZone
Registered User
 
ComixZone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
And the teams that relied on him to be a top-minute defenseman got where? How has Jay done come play off time?
yeah because it's Jay's fault that Darryl Sutter structured his team with overpaid, poorly talented 3rd line players?

Or it's Jay's fault that Florida couldn't draft or pay to keep any talent around.

ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 12:41 AM
  #21
Remember2004
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 804
vCash: 500
Bos: Jay Bouwmeester
Greg Niemesz

Cgy: Savard, Colborne, Ference

Deal??
Cap and contract works.

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 12:53 AM
  #22
ComixZone
Registered User
 
ComixZone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember2004 View Post
Bos: Jay Bouwmeester
Greg Niemesz

Cgy: Savard, Colborne, Ference

Deal??
Cap and contract works.

No thanks.

Nemisz is having a solid AHL rookie year (very strong 2-way hockey + somewhere around 0.5 PPG)

Bouwmeester + Giordano is our defensive backbone for the next half-decade +.

Colborne is the only piece that is of any interest in that proposed deal.

If you want to talk Regehr + Nemisz for Colborne, Savard and Ference - then maybe you've got something.

ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 01:21 AM
  #23
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner
 
HighLifeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,918
vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
No thanks.

Nemisz is having a solid AHL rookie year (very strong 2-way hockey + somewhere around 0.5 PPG)

Bouwmeester + Giordano is our defensive backbone for the next half-decade +.

Colborne is the only piece that is of any interest in that proposed deal.

If you want to talk Regehr + Nemisz for Colborne, Savard and Ference - then maybe you've got something.
Absolutely not from a flames perspective.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 01:24 AM
  #24
Mark Stuart*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post

If you want to talk Regehr + Nemisz for Colborne, Savard and Ference - then maybe you've got something.
Well that's just downright hilarious. I wouldn't give Savard or Colborne alone for Regehr and adding a decent prospect doesn't make it better.

Disgusting.

Mark Stuart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 01:30 AM
  #25
Remember2004
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyderFan1 View Post
Well that's just downright hilarious. I wouldn't give Savard or Colborne alone for Regehr and adding a decent prospect doesn't make it better.

Disgusting.
See thats why I proposed with Bouwmeester instead see I am a flames fan and teams will only accept trades for quality players, NO GM is Like Sutter where you take quantity for QUALITY ex. Phanuef deal trades superstar for spare parts 2nd/3rd line center

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.