HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jbo to the Rangers

Old
01-17-2011, 12:21 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Jbo to the Rangers

Although the Rangers filled a need by trading Rozsival they still need an upgrade on defense, something they needed whether he was there or not.

HNIC talked about a Calgary rebuild this past weekend and if that were to happen what it would take to get Jbo to the Rangers?

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:22 AM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

vCash: 500
It would probably take Del Zotto+.

Jbo is overpaid but he is still a very effective defenseman and fairly young. You won't get him for scraps.

Not sure how it would work cap-wise with the RFA's the Rangers need to re-sign and the re-emergence of Redden's cap hit over the summer.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:24 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchenkov 28 View Post
It would probably take Del Zotto+.

Jbo is overpaid but he is still a very effective defenseman and fairly young. You won't get him for scraps.
I didnt figure on that. And Idk about others but considering the plethora of young defenseman we have I might be ok with that depending on the +

Old
01-17-2011, 12:25 AM
TreeSapLlama

Rangers need to try and get players that are actually living up to their contracts. While JBO is obviously better then the Redden signing, he is still getting paid too much.

TreeSapLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:26 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeSapLlama View Post
Rangers need to try and get players that are actually living up to their contracts. While JBO is obviously better then the Redden signing, he is still getting paid too much.
Jbo is a quality defenseman. His name and Redden shouldnt be spoke in the same sentence.

Truth be told it would be great to grab bourque from Calgary but I just don't think that would happen.

Old
01-17-2011, 12:43 AM
biturbo19

from an outside perspective...

DelZotto+ would be a great deal for Calgary working towards a rebuild, clearing a big chunk of hard to move salary.

but from a Rangers perspective...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeSapLlama View Post
this.

biturbo19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:53 AM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolskii View Post
Jbo is a quality defenseman. His name and Redden shouldnt be spoke in the same sentence.

Truth be told it would be great to grab bourque from Calgary but I just don't think that would happen.
I think you have a far better chance of acquiring Bourque from us than Bou' to be honest.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 06:32 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

eh i got mixed feelings about this. there might be a more effective d-man we could snag. if his contract was cheaper i'd jump all over it. i think we could/will do better.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 06:41 AM
The Vinstar

If you guys are worried he isn't living up to his contract, Burkie will probably give you a few firsts for him.

The Vinstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 08:50 AM
BPD

Quote:
Although the Rangers filled a need by trading Rozsival they still need an upgrade on defense, something they needed whether he was there or not.

HNIC talked about a Calgary rebuild this past weekend and if that were to happen what it would take to get Jbo to the Rangers?
From a Rangers fan? Really?

We've deep-sixed 3 ATROCIOUS contracts in the last 18 months - to some extent it's been GM black magic how ridiculously lucky we've been and now you want to add another one?

Want to know what it takes to get rid of JBo and bring him to NY on that albatross of a deal? Drury, and Calgary adding for him. You want us to take on that many years of Jbo, you're paying.

That is NOT the direction this team is going in.

BPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:56 AM
Chalfdiggity3

I agree with you BPD.. I think if the rangers go after someone it needs to be a player who is a UFA at the end of the season. One player i would LOVE to get and i think would come cheap is Chris Phillips. Hes not a PP qb but the guy is a MONSTER in his own zone, hits, blocks shots, clears the crease, plays physical, and eats up alot of minutesm, and can be a great leader and vet presence. Could really help out Staal, Girardi, Sauer, and McDonagh.

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 10:09 AM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD View Post

We've deep-sixed 3 ATROCIOUS contracts in the last 18 months - to some extent it's been GM black magic how ridiculously lucky we've been and now you want to add another one?

Want to know what it takes to get rid of JBo and bring him to NY on that albatross of a deal? Drury, and Calgary adding for him. You want us to take on that many years of Jbo, you're paying.

Calgary has zero interest in moving him, Especially for that offer

As for for the Bolded, You are clueless.

Drury - 16GP 0G 4A 4P + 12:04 Mins a Game (Age 34)
Bouwmeester - 45GP 4G 11A 15P + 26:06 Mins a Game (Age 27)

Add in the fact that Bouwmeester's the current Iron Man in the NHL and Drury is a piece of glass and I tell you to GTFO.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 10:38 AM
Ian
Mike York fan club

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Add in the fact that Bouwmeester's the current Iron Man in the NHL and Drury is a piece of glass and I tell you to GTFO.
A piece of glass, really?

Drury might not be a very effective player at this point for the Rangers, but one thing he's not is injury prone.

The guy broke his finger blocking a shot in training camp, then essentially re-broke it in his first game back. That's not being made of glass, that's being unlucky.

This will be the first year in the last eight where he hasn't played 76+ games.

He might not be much of a skill player anymore, but the guy isn't afraid to play with an injury.

Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 10:55 AM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
A piece of glass, really?

Drury might not be a very effective player at this point for the Rangers, but one thing he's not is injury prone.

The guy broke his finger blocking a shot in training camp, then essentially re-broke it in his first game back. That's not being made of glass, that's being unlucky.

This will be the first year in the last eight where he hasn't played 76+ games.

He might not be much of a skill player anymore, but the guy isn't afraid to play with an injury.
Yet his post is still FAR more accurate than BPD's.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:40 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Bouwmeester is terribly overpaid. As a defenseman, I like him. Great skater, has a very good shot, and I think he could rebound points-wise in NY. He's still only 27 years old, and is somewhat physical. I wanted him when he was a free agent. The sad part is, Del Zotto isn't too far behind him in points, and has been in Connecticut for quite some time now.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:01 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
Bouwmeester is terribly overpaid. As a defenseman, I like him. Great skater, has a very good shot, and I think he could rebound points-wise in NY. He's still only 27 years old, and is somewhat physical. I wanted him when he was a free agent. The sad part is, Del Zotto isn't too far behind him in points, and has been in Connecticut for quite some time now.
Del Zotto has been in Connecticut for what 6-7 games? But Del Zotto could only DREAM to be half as good as Jbo defensively. There is a difference between an Albatross like Redden/Drury and Jbo. Boumeester is 27 years old, and has not had a huge drop off like Redden, or didnt get paid based on one 80 point season like Drury. He is a quality defenseman and while albeit a bit overpaid would not cripple this team like Wade Redden did.

Old
01-17-2011, 11:07 PM
Kaktus*

Why would Flames move 27 year old d-men. To rebuild?

Makes no sense.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:57 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Del Zotto has been in Connecticut for what 6-7 games? But Del Zotto could only DREAM to be half as good as Jbo defensively. There is a difference between an Albatross like Redden/Drury and Jbo. Boumeester is 27 years old, and has not had a huge drop off like Redden, or didnt get paid based on one 80 point season like Drury. He is a quality defenseman and while albeit a bit overpaid would not cripple this team like Wade Redden did.
I would agree with you, and when he's on, he's worth the deal. He also has a lot better of a chance of returning to form than Redden ever did.

Also, Drury never had an 80 point season... hell, he never had a 70 point season. We paid him all of that money because of a couple of 30 goal, 60 point years and one goal with 7.7 seconds left in a game...

FML.

Bottom line, I'd take the chance on J-Bo if the price was right. It would probably have to involve Del Zotto and something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Why would Flames move 27 year old d-men. To rebuild?

Makes no sense.
Partially, but it would moreso be a cap clearing measure for them so they can have space to sign in other areas, and get valuable assets in a trade. J-Bo would command a considerable return.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 01:50 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
Partially, but it would moreso be a cap clearing measure for them so they can have space to sign in other areas, and get valuable assets in a trade. J-Bo would command a considerable return.
Did not see it yet.

Jay-Bo is not the problem on that team. No need to 'clear' his salary.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 01:53 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

JBo's contract is a deal-killer for me.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:03 AM
Lunatik*

You have to love the sheer ignorance and lack of knowledge about certain players in the NHL... is Bouwmeester overpaid? Yes a bit... but he is not 'terribly overpaid' nor is his contract an albatross like so many lemmings like to believe

Bouwmeester's goal totals have dropped since going to the Flames... and thats really the only difference between his numbers as a Panther and his numbers as a Flames... GOALS... what kind of an idiot judges a defenseman on goals?... Bouwmeester's defensive play has improved as a Flame... he has actually become more physical this year as well... he has even started to show some emotion and take a few liberties with players... Bouwmeester is a defenseman worth about 5.5 million IMO... he is far from terribly overpaid

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 08:18 AM
Model T

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD View Post

Counter-offer: Langkow for Gaborik+.

Yes, your offer was that insulting.

Model T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 08:36 AM
GAGLine

Why is this even a thread? Even if we wanted J-Bo, we can't afford him.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 11:17 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
... Even if we wanted J-Bo, we can't afford him.
For this reason, whatever package might be possible, some appreciable chunk of cap salary would have to go back.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 12:27 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
For this reason, whatever package might be possible, some appreciable chunk of cap salary would have to go back.
Not possible. The only players who make as much or more than J-Bo are Gaborik, Drury and Lundqvist. Gabby and Henrik aren't getting traded, and Drury wouldn't approve a trade to calgary.

And before you start thinking we'll trade them Frolov, Prospal, etc., think again. Those players on not under contract for next year. Whether we could fit J-Bo under the cap this year is irrelevant. We cannot afford to add salary for next year without equal or more salary going the other way. We've got too many RFAs to deal with next year.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote