HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jay Bouwmeester to Boston

Old
01-18-2011, 02:58 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyderFan1 View Post
Well that's just downright hilarious. I wouldn't give Savard or Colborne alone for Regehr and adding a decent prospect doesn't make it better.

Disgusting.
Are you kidding me ?

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:26 AM
BostonAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember2004 View Post
Bos: Jay Bouwmeester
Greg Niemesz

Cgy: Savard, Colborne, Ference

Deal??
Cap and contract works.
I'd do it. Both teams roll the dice on a player.

BostonAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 04:13 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

I honestly believe if Jay Bo got the hell out of Calgary and to a team that is less defensive minded. He would flourish, perhaps even more so than his Florida days. Unfortunately, with that horrendous contract, few teams will have any interest. As impressive as Chara/Bouwmeester would be. The potential risk Bouwmeester does not rebound is too high at seven million.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 04:46 AM
DJENTLEMAN
INTJ

To Boston: Bouwmeester + Glencross

To Calgary: Savard + Ryder + Hamill + Colborne + Minnesota's 2011 2nd

Cap only works if Calgary sends down one forward.

Lucic - Krejci - Seguin
Marchand - Bergeron - Horton
Glencross - Wheeler - Recchi
Thorton - Campbell - Paille

Chara - Bouwmeester
Boychuk - Seidenberg
Stuart - Ference
Kampfer
McQuaid

DJENTLEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 09:03 AM
Model T

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
No interest in Jay at anything more then $3.5 million a year.

People are still fooled by him... thinking he's a #1 defenseman. He is closer to a #3 in my book then a #1. Reminds me a lot of Redden.
When you learn to sign 27 minute two-way smooth-skating defensemen to 3.5 million dollar deals, you will win the GM of the year award. Even if you can't distinguish #3 from #1.5 defensemen.

Model T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 09:06 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

I don't want J-Bo at that money, at a couple mill less and I give up Krejci for him.

I'd sooner grab Regehr, and the main piece I'd try to use would be Savard.

I'd understand a Calgary fans trepidation with Savvy's injury history however, so I wouldn't blame them for saying hell no.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 09:16 AM
Fire Julien

I would kill to add a top-10 defenseman like Bouwmeester on the Bruins. He would solve all skating/puck-moving issues and would rack up points feeding Chara on the PP.

Colborne, Savard, Stuart + pick for J-Bow

Fire Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 09:37 AM
Oates2Neely

Bouwmeester is a fine player.. His contract however is what scares us. It just wont happen, there are better options available for that money. I'm still holding out hope that Chia ships Colborne, Ryder, TOR 1st, MIN 2nd, Alexandrov to Nashville for Shea Weber.. (Be A GM Mode )

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 09:41 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoilsburnsclean View Post
Are you kidding me ?
Regehr is and always has been one of the most underrated dmen, if not the most underrated dman in the NHL.

I'd do Savard + Colborne for him honestly.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 10:59 AM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Yes to bouwmeester in Boston.

Calgary and Boston make the best trading partners in the NHL.

Iginla
Bouwmeester

Prospects
Picks

There has to be something here done for Boston to get one of them and Calgary get a nice ransom for their rebuild.

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 11:20 AM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
Yes to bouwmeester in Boston.

Calgary and Boston make the best trading partners in the NHL.

Iginla
Bouwmeester

Prospects
Picks

There has to be something here done for Boston to get one of them and Calgary get a nice ransom for their rebuild.
TO's first would have to be involved.

These quantity for quality proposals on this board these days are tiresome. Let's talk quality for quality. Iginla or Jay-Bo and TO's first as the prime assets in a deal. Things can be added additionally to even things out.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 12:04 PM
Remember2004

If Iginla would to go to Boston Tor 1st would have to be Involved but I'm pretty sure Bos would not give that up and +

Cgy:
Tor 1st rnd 2011 (top 5)?
Horton
Colborne

Bos-
Iginla
mid level prospect

Too much from a Boston perspective?

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 12:22 PM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model T View Post
When you learn to sign 27 minute two-way smooth-skating defensemen to 3.5 million dollar deals, you will win the GM of the year award. Even if you can't distinguish #3 from #1.5 defensemen.
Nobody is implying that he would have signed for $3.5 million. There are 30 GM's in the NHL...he was going to get overpaid by somebody. The point isn't figuring out how to get good players on cheap contracts, as much as it is knowing when to walk away from a potential deal when the cost outweighs the return. I remember reading HFBoards leading up to the Jay Bo deal to Calgary, and as much ribbing as this place gets, there were a large percentage of posters predicting that he's going to get way too much money for what he brings. Unfortunately, not all 30 GM's shared that same opinion, and now Flames fans are getting what was largely predictable. Good player, and I'd love to see him on the Bruins if he made less, but he's vastly overpaid for a long time.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicTunga View Post
Would this be a good trade dest. to trade JBo, B fans?

Colborne
Picks
Cap dump(Ryder, Ference)??
contract makes it a non starter if im calling the shots. its remotely possible that on the right team, the contract is fair... chances are its at least 1 mill too high for any team... and at least 2 mill too high for us since we are giving that money to someone else

whomever our number 2 is, has to be paid well under 5 mill per or has to be a niedermayer/pronger type impact guy

bouwmeister makes my list of top 20 dmen in the NHL, but hes down way closer to number 20 then he is up at number 1

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 01:16 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
If Iginla would to go to Boston Tor 1st would have to be Involved but I'm pretty sure Bos would not give that up and +

Cgy:
Horton
Colborne

Bos-
Iginla
mid level prospect

Far too much. I'd start w/ Colborne & BOS 1st.. Iginla is a great player & I'd love him in Boston but he carries a hefty price tag for an aging 30 goal scorer (No disrespect intended). For Horton, TOR 1st & Colborne I'd expect much better (& younger) return than Iginla.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 01:20 PM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

Quote:

Cgy:
Horton
Colborne

Bos-
Iginla
mid level prospect

way way way way way way way too much...

all superstars carrying igninlas type of salary traded in recent years go for what heatley/thornton and company fetch

there is definitely no lottery picks involved. there is no young affordable first line studs involved

you get back useful second line talent...

a realistic offer that calgary might be able to expect would be someone like colborne as the center piece of the proposal... project him as a top second line talent... then someone like ryder. I know ryder is overpaid at the moment, but he is eligible for a contract extension and realistically would be taking a huge pay cut next year.... then someone maybe like Mark Stuart? I know he is an impending ufa, but again he is eligible for a contract extension.

if Calgary likes zach hamil, i bet Boston would not consider him a deal breaker and would toss him in

calgary would mostly end up with cap space if they do deal iginla. anyone trading for him will be terrified they are getting an over the hill guy with many years left at 7 mill, so they wont want to destroy their prospect base making the trade.

calgary can and should want more young players... just as boston should have wanted a hell of a lot more for thornton, but you only can get what other teams are willing to give up.

boston cant afford iginla's salary even if he was cheap in a trade though... not unless savard can be moved and probably thomas too. simply moving ryder wont cut it. he has to move just to cover the bonus money owed to seguin.

the one player on calgary that makes great sense for boston to go after is rene bourque... affordable... signed long term... a lw...

Lucic/Bourque/Marchard would be a good set of top LWs to compliment Horton/Seguin/Caron on the RW and Krecji/Savard/Bergeron in the middle.

this leaves wheeler/colborne on the outside looking in as trade bait

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 02:58 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
TO's first would have to be involved.

These quantity for quality proposals on this board these days are tiresome. Let's talk quality for quality. Iginla or Jay-Bo and TO's first as the prime assets in a deal. Things can be added additionally to even things out.
Quote:

Cgy:
Horton Colborne

Bos-
Iginla
mid level prospect

Horton is too much. I totally agree with you that Toronto's 1st is on the table when talking Iginla as well as Colborne. If we are talking Bouwmeester, we are talking the Bruins 1st and a forward.

I think it will be interesting to see what offers Boston puts forth for Bouwmeester or Iginla if either are available. In the same line of thinking, if Calgary was indeed going the rebuild route, what better team than the one loaded with picks and prospects?

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:37 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
I think it will be interesting to see what offers Boston puts forth for Bouwmeester or Iginla if either are available. In the same line of thinking, if Calgary was indeed going the rebuild route, what better team than the one loaded with picks and prospects?
Exactly. Boston is a team right now that makes the perfect trading partner with the Flames.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 07:43 PM
SPV
Zoinks!

If Toronto's first is in play, a player like Bouwmeester needs to be the type of return IMO. By that I mean a young'ish top 2 defenseman.

maybe something with Savard and Toronto's 1st for Bouwmeester as the center pieces.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 08:03 PM
Lord Ahriman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
If Toronto's first is in play, a player like Bouwmeester needs to be the type of return IMO. By that I mean a young'ish top 2 defenseman.

maybe something with Savard and Toronto's 1st for Bouwmeester as the center pieces.
Good Lord, just no.

Lord Ahriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 03:54 AM
Remember2004

Remember Prongers return? I think it was a top pick top 6 forward and a high prospect and that pick turned into i think it was #10? Well Bouwmeester could fetch close to that if not a little less Iginla Maybe not. Would Boston do this??

Cgy-
Horton
Savard

Bos-
Iginla
Or

Cgy:
Savard
Colborne
Bos 1st 2011

Bos:
Iginla
3rd rnd 2012

Or (Last one I swear, lol)

Bos:
Iginla
Bouwmeester

Cgy:
Horton
Tor 1st
Savard
Ryder (dump)
Colborne

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 03:59 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Remember Prongers return? I think it was a top pick top 6 forward and a high prospect and that pick turned into i think it was #10? Well Bouwmeester could fetch close to that if not a little less Iginla Maybe not. Would Boston do this??

Cgy-
Horton
Savard

Bos-
Iginla
Or

Cgy:
Savard
Colborne
Bos 1st 2011

Bos:
Iginla