HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gaborik confident he will snap out of goal-scoring slump

Old
01-17-2011, 05:44 PM
DMPD
Mats, Zuke of NY

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Guess who has the same amount of goals as gaborik. Yep its PA Parenteau lmao.
I think we all cursed Gaborik laughing at Kovalchuk all season. Maybe this is our fault?

rip
DMPD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 05:45 AM
Patriks7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
His play from last year ain't worth SH** to us this year . If he is hurt...rest him and give his ice to AA or somebody else who will go to the traffic areas .
You don't understand the fact that he always has better defenseman set on him, freeing up space for players like AA or Dubinsky, do you? If he'd be resting, we wouldn't even score a goal (like last season).

And really? Just because a guy is having an off year he should be moved after carrying the whole team a season ago? Isn't that just respectful... So by your logic, Ovechkin should be dumped by the Caps since he is having an off year for his standards and half the Blackhawks should be shipped out since they are all playing below their capabilities despite winning the cup.

Gaborik is a proven goal scorer in this league and this team needs him. Of course, this team also needs a playmaker to help Gaborik get the best out of him.

Patriks7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 07:43 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriks7 View Post
You don't understand the fact that he always has better defenseman set on him, freeing up space for players like AA or Dubinsky, do you? If he'd be resting, we wouldn't even score a goal (like last season).

Gaborik is a proven goal scorer in this league and this team needs him. Of course, this team also needs a playmaker to help Gaborik get the best out of him.
You don't understand that the number one offensive threat on every team gets the best dmen assigned to them?

Gaborik is a proven goal scorer if you want to talk games played versus goals scored. It neglects all of the games he has missed and the fact that he is seemingly always playing hurt.

It's time to stop making excuses for the man of glass. He is here for only one reason: to serve as the primary offensive threat, and at an elite level. To date, his contract is closer to Drury and Redden in value than I find comfortable.

I thought he was an absolutely horrible signing at the time. Hopefully, this all turns around, but so far he falls into the disaster category.

In 10 NHL seasons he will have broken 40 goals twice. His output vs. his talent is horrific.

chosen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 01:41 PM
Patriks7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
You don't understand that the number one offensive threat on every team gets the best dmen assigned to them?

Gaborik is a proven goal scorer if you want to talk games played versus goals scored. It neglects all of the games he has missed and the fact that he is seemingly always playing hurt.

It's time to stop making excuses for the man of glass. He is here for only one reason: to serve as the primary offensive threat, and at an elite level. To date, his contract is closer to Drury and Redden in value than I find comfortable.

I thought he was an absolutely horrible signing at the time. Hopefully, this all turns around, but so far he falls into the disaster category.

In 10 NHL seasons he will have broken 40 goals twice. His output vs. his talent is horrific.
This is exactly the point I'm making With Gaborik out of the lineup, the defense would be even more over guys like Dubinsky and Wolski and MZA and we wouldn't even average a goal per game.

I do agree his production is currently not up to his contract, but he is still a very important asset to the team.

I think the main reason he hasn't had more 40 goal seasons is because he spent his whole career with the defensive Wild. Put him on a team like the Caps for the last 3 seasons and he'd be close to putting up Ovechkin numbers.

Old
01-18-2011, 01:46 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
This is exactly the point I'm making With Gaborik out of the lineup, the defense would be even more over guys like Dubinsky and Wolski and MZA and we wouldn't even average a goal per game.

I do agree his production is currently not up to his contract, but he is still a very important asset to the team.

I think the main reason he hasn't had more 40 goal seasons is because he spent his whole career with the defensive Wild. Put him on a team like the Caps for the last 3 seasons and he'd be close to putting up Ovechkin numbers.
yeah...no....he wouldn't.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 02:33 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

lets call a spade a spade here.

gaborik has been atrocious. last game, he had his first gaby like snap shot we are used to seeing.... in about 2 weeks. really.

i mean this guy has been so bad, its got to a point now that when he does anything good, even a decent shot, i notice it. last year, he had multiple shots per period like that.

i was shocked to see marion gaborik glued to the bench in the 3rd period of a close game. never thought i would ever see that

i say its equal parts

a. lack of timing due to injuries. seems this is coming back albeit slowly. he insists hes healthy.

b. lack of confidence. season long malaise needs to end soon.

c. lack of luck- hes hit posts, crossbars and missed by inches alot.

whats really got me concerned is hell go periods without even a decent chance. thats really scary even typing that......

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:04 PM
McRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post

gaborik has been atrocious. last game, he had his first gaby like snap shot we are used to seeing.... in about 2 weeks. really.

i mean this guy has been so bad, its got to a point now that when he does anything good, even a decent shot, i notice it. last year, he had multiple shots per period like that.

i was shocked to see marion gaborik glued to the bench in the 3rd period of a close game. never thought i would ever see that

i say its equal parts

a. lack of timing due to injuries. seems this is coming back albeit slowly. he insists hes healthy.

whats really got me concerned is hell go periods without even a decent chance. thats really scary even typing that......
Agree with pretty much your whole post.

Although I would add "lack of effort" on there as well. Sadly.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:12 PM
chosen

Quote:

Face palms aside, you seem to be saying that if we combine Dubi and Gaborik, the Rangers will be too able to defend. Most teams combine their best offensiove players but your approach seems to be different than the prevailing wisdom.

If you believe as a Cap he would have approached Ovechkin's numbers, then it is hard to take much of what you have written seriously. You are comparing a constantly-hurt, offensively gifted player with one one of the greatest offensive forces ever to lace them up. Get a grip.

chosen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:16 PM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post

i say its equal parts

One of the few times that I'm in full agreement with you, especially the bold. I'll add that, it's also gotten to the point that, whenever he does ONE good thing like you mentioned, fans who don't want to admit he's truly playing awful use that ONE thing to defend him, when, like you said, we should be able to expect a few of those PER PERIOD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
Agree with pretty much your whole post.

Although I would add "lack of effort" on there as well. Sadly.
There's no denying it. It's not JUST timing, confidence and luck. He's simply not doing enough to pull himself out of this slump. I've heard this knock on many players over the years, so I'm not just talking about Gaborik, but some players don't know how to work themselves out of a slump and their effort actually dips because they're so discouraged not seeing results rather than having the response you would expect someone to have, which is to work harder to get the results you want. Gaborik, I'm not saying doesn't care or doesn't want to win/produce, but he hasn't put in the effort he needs to make this better.

Ollie Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:38 AM
NYRCC

gaborik = damaged goods.

NYRCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:44 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

We could really use a goal tonight Gabby.

Please the team

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 12:00 PM
Patriks7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Face palms aside, you seem to be saying that if we combine Dubi and Gaborik, the Rangers will be too able to defend. Most teams combine their best offensiove players but your approach seems to be different than the prevailing wisdom.

If you believe as a Cap he would have approached Ovechkin's numbers, then it is hard to take much of what you have written seriously. You are comparing a constantly-hurt, offensively gifted player with one one of the greatest offensive forces ever to lace them up. Get a grip.
Where did I ever say anything like that?

Ok, it was a slight exaggeration with the Ovechkin numbers, but with the offensive defensemen and a playmaking center like Backstrom, he would definitely have more 40-45 goal seasons. He definitely has the skill for that.

But now that I look at it again, I'm not convinced he has recovered from his injury yet, even if he says he has.

Old
01-19-2011, 03:05 PM
Xtranova

He will get back to his old self. Patience is a virtue... For heavens sake, he was our top point picker and pulled the team "alone" last year. Off course he will snap out of it... Sooner or later. Every player has his drop from time to time, even if it means a season. Though the Devils are struggling like crazy this year, that doesn't mean Kovalchuk is a bad player? The man is class despite their crappy season... Anyone with ANY kind of hockey sense can admit that.

Xtranova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 03:33 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtranova View Post
He will get back to his old self. Patience is a virtue... For heavens sake, he was our top point picker and pulled the team "alone" last year. Off course he will snap out of it... Sooner or later. Every player has his drop from time to time, even if it means a season. Though the Devils are struggling like crazy this year, that doesn't mean Kovalchuk is a bad player? The man is class despite their crappy season... Anyone with ANY kind of hockey sense can admit that.
Not for someone with a contract like that. Can't wait any longer now.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 03:58 PM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
He'll break out tonight. Book it.

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:43 PM
SportsArchaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint Berry Crunch View Post
He'll break out tonight. Book it.
I never should have doubted you, Mint Berry Crunch!

SportsArchaeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:55 PM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by richvreeland View Post
I never should have doubted you, Mint Berry Crunch!
My work here is done. SHABLAGOO!

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:59 PM
NYR Lunchbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint Berry Crunch View Post
My work here is done. SHABLAGOO!

pure gold. thanks for the laugh

NYR Lunchbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old