HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Briere and Hartnell in trouble with Campbell?

Old
01-18-2011, 09:10 AM
HoverCarle*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Was Richards even on the ice?
Richards was there, he went up and got in Prust's face directly after the hit. Probably challenged him to fight
So you and Cartsie are both wrong, he was there, but he did try and do something about it

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 09:14 AM
chimrichalds18
the key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Screw the penlaty, if you cannot kill a PK defending one of your best players then they should not be in the league. I understand the idea of not taking stupid penalties, but at some point you have to make sure guys like Prust or Avery do not take liberties with your skill players.
So when your opponent has all of the momentum for the twenty+ minutes of play, you want to hand them a power play at the end of the game with one of your best PK forwards in the box? Brilliant idea.

Of course, had Carter been in Richards' spot and taken this penalty you're advocating, you'd be screaming about how useless and stupid he is.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 09:28 AM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimrichalds18 View Post
So when your opponent has all of the momentum for the twenty+ minutes of play, you want to hand them a power play at the end of the game with one of your best PK forwards in the box? Brilliant idea.

Of course, had Carter been in Richards' spot and taken this penalty you're advocating, you'd be screaming about how useless and stupid he is.
The callout!

Richards challenged Prust, I'm not sure what else he is expected to do

Old
01-18-2011, 09:53 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Richards was there, he went up and got in Prust's face directly after the hit. Probably challenged him to fight
So you and Cartsie are both wrong, he was there, but he did try and do something about it
How am I wrong? Just drop the pansy.....that was a joke if he was really trying to get Prust to drop them, he tried to do nothing except maybe ask him to go have a beer after the game or if he knew of any good strip clubs in NYC?

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 09:59 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:

Or you could just roll over and have no confidence that your team can kill a penalty for supporting one the the guys on the team who takes the most hits, so YES! What is the matter with people?

Guy A beats your d-man over the head and you do nothing.

Guy B slams your best d-man on the ice right now into the boards, a good borderline hit but could have done a serious job on Timonens shoulder, and your captain does nothing, it takes two guys on the bench to actually give him notice to watch his back while the guy on the ice skates away like nothing ever happened.

Seriously people, this team is good enough but lacks the brassballs to be a tough team.

Old
01-18-2011, 10:01 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:

Carter does not have the stones to fight, but that is off topic. Richards goes off and Jeffie should be able to step up and go on the kill to help his teammate who aided Timonen considering the greatness of Cartsie and his 11 year multi-million dollar contract.

Old
01-18-2011, 10:06 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Mine was a legit question. I didn't figure Richie would just skate away from something like that, but if no one spoke to Prust, I'd be ticked at Richards unless he was on the bench.

But what the hell, he's almost as useless as Carter.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 10:10 AM
Jester

Quote:
How am I wrong? Just drop the pansy.....that was a joke if he was really trying to get Prust to drop them, he tried to do nothing except maybe ask him to go have a beer after the game or if he knew of any good strip clubs in NYC?
You seriously want Richards to fight Prust?

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 10:15 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Big balls > brains.

Old
01-18-2011, 10:18 AM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Mine was a legit question. I didn't figure Richie would just skate away from something like that, but if no one spoke to Prust, I'd be ticked at Richards unless he was on the bench.

But what the hell, he's almost as useless as Carter.

He didn't skate away though. He was in front of Prust the whole way down the ice yapping at him. I'm glad he didn't take a bad penalty, as it could have lost us the game

Old
01-18-2011, 10:20 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
I want him to defend his teammates, if that means dropping them, yes. It is not like he has not done it before. I do not want him to drop the gloves all the time, but there is a time and a place.

Old
01-18-2011, 10:21 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
He didn't skate away though. He was in front of Prust the whole way down the ice yapping at him. I'm glad he didn't take a bad penalty, as it could have lost us the game
Are you friggin' serious? Guys are getting plastered and cheap shots, so you do not want to take a penalty to stand up for your teammates? That is what teams who play for eachother do, stand up for eachother.

Old
01-18-2011, 10:22 AM
HoverCarle*

He tried to fight, but Prust wouldn't go. I'd much rather Richards not take an instigator if he is going to fight, especially with a visor as instigating with a visor is a double minor I believe

Old
01-18-2011, 10:23 AM
Jester

Quote:
I want him to defend his teammates, if that means dropping them, yes. It is not like he has not done it before. I do not want him to drop the gloves all the time, but there is a time and a place.
That time and place isn't really for Richards to drop 'em with Prust... isn't that why we have Shelley in the first place? I'm also completely tired of the philosophy that you need to go every time someone lays a hit on one of your players. Want to get him back with a hit or whatever, find him on the ice and return the favor.

The last thing we need is our most important forward getting injured in a fight like that.

Old
01-18-2011, 10:23 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
And when Prust kicks the **** out of him, leaving him with a concussion or something, it's fine to lose the captain for a few weeks, because he showed he has balls?

I don't have a problem with Richards fighting, per se. But fighting a heavyweight is not his job.

Old
01-18-2011, 10:24 AM
Jester

Quote:
Are you friggin' serious? Guys are getting plastered and cheap shots, so you do not want to take a penalty to stand up for your teammates? That is what teams who play for eachother do, stand up for eachother.
Where the F are all these cheapshots?

I hear this all the time... I watch every game, and I don't see all these "cheap shots?" What Avery did was cheap, but it wasn't a "cheap shot"... just a ***** maneuver.

Old
01-18-2011, 10:26 AM
chimrichalds18
the key

Quote:
Like the last minute of a one-goal game? Awesome idea.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 10:27 AM
DenverBoone

Quote:
That time and place isn't really for Richards to drop 'em with Prust... isn't that why we have Shelley in the first place? I'm also completely tired of the philosophy that you need to go every time someone lays a hit on one of your players. Want to get him back with a hit or whatever, find him on the ice and return the favor.

The last thing we need is our most important forward getting injured in a fight like that.
The Avalanche agree with your assessment.

DenverBoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 10:29 AM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Where the F are all these cheapshots?

I hear this all the time... I watch every game, and I don't see all these "cheap shots?" What Avery did was cheap, but it wasn't a "cheap shot"... just a ***** maneuver.
Prust's hit was probably a charge, but still not worth Richards instigating over

Old
01-18-2011, 10:32 AM
Jester

Quote:
Prust's hit was probably a charge, but still not worth Richards instigating over
Sure, but a cheap shot? Need to get rid of the pacifier and put on our big boy pants.

Old
01-18-2011, 10:38 AM
Jester

Quote:
Seriously, if you all want a glorified pond hockey team go watch the Pens. I as a long time Flyers/hockey fan, would prefer to see a team stand up for their teammates.
Then go rent Slapshot.

Richards fighting Prust there is Grade A stupidity, and that has nothing to do with playing pond hockey.

BTW, the Pens are one of the league leaders in fighting majors, so at least you don't know what you're talking about there, either.

Old
01-18-2011, 10:42 AM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Sure, but a cheap shot? Need to get rid of the pacifier and put on our big boy pants.
yeah I also hate when people feel the need to fight after every hit (like Doughty on Hall the other day.)

I was surprised Atlanta didn't try and Mug OD after he hit kane cleanly

And as Jester said, Pittsburgh leads the league in fighting majors, and really don't play pond hockey. Their team consists of 10 grinding forwards out of 12 so they can't.

Old
01-18-2011, 10:45 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:

Quote:
And when Prust kicks the **** out of him, leaving him with a concussion or something, it's fine to lose the captain for a few weeks, because he showed he has balls?

I don't have a problem with Richards fighting, per se. But fighting a heavyweight is not his job.
6'2", 192 lbs is no heavy weight. Bottom line is Richards wussed out in the moment and Timonen was left on the ice after being hit into the boards which could have resulted in an injury. Richards skated away like everything was honkey-dorey, sorry, do not agree considering that Carle had been hit and Prust was already involved in an altercation previously. When these guys know no one is going to hold them accountable the eventual result will be a Flyer does get injured.

Old
01-18-2011, 10:53 AM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Like the last minute of a one-goal game? Awesome idea.
You are first in the standings coming off of an impressive road trip, if you cannot kill the penalty then they should not be competing with a rival team at this level of the NHL. Make the statement and win the game. The wussification of Flyers fans has now taken place. We have guys who yell shoot every time the Flyers gain possession of the puck but yet when a rival team who you will meet again is taking shots at your best players you want them to "preserve the points". Seriously lame.

Old
01-18-2011, 10:55 AM
Jester

Quote:
6'2", 192 lbs is no heavy weight. Bottom line is Richards wussed out in the moment and Timonen was left on the ice after being hit into the boards which could have resulted in an injury. Richards skated away like everything was honkey-dorey, sorry, do not agree considering that Carle had been hit and Prust was already involved in an altercation previously. When these guys know no one is going to hold them accountable the eventual result will be a Flyer does get injured.
[IMG]http://www.****************/file_thumbview_approve/2693178/2/istockphoto_2693178-panic-button.jpg[/IMG]

Yep, it's time.