HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Spezza to STL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-16-2011, 04:23 PM
  #26
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer View Post
Berglund
Sonne
1st
Jackman

for
Spezza
Lee
NO again the Blues have no interest in giving up Berglund, Oshie, Pietrangelo, Johnson, Perron, Tarasenko, Backes, Steen, Schwartz in a deal for Spezza.

The best you would get from the Blues would be Boyes or McDonald plus a 1st or maybe a prospect like Cole. I understand that is a non-starter from a Sens perspective. So there appears to be no deal to be made.

So pretty much we are not interested in Spezza for the price you would want.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 04:25 PM
  #27
Celtic Note
Thanks very little
 
Celtic Note's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 9,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Knew the Oshie thing would happen. How would Blues/Sens fans feel about the following two packages for Spezza:

1) Boyes, Berglund, Allen, 2nd

2) Boyes, Berglund, Tarasenko
I wouldn't make either of those trades. With the Blues on a tight budget now and likely having a relatively tight one down the road, we will need a balanced lineup. That makes young players hard to deal.

Allen is probably a keeper from our standpoint, as Halak has not lived up to expectations and to be honest, we need to wait to see if he can handle the #1 duties up to the level we need to be successful.

Tarasenko is exactly the type of player we need. A top flight scoring winger with a good sized frame and lots of creativity. He is basically projecting into our lineup next year.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 04:28 PM
  #28
Bluester
Registered User
 
Bluester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kansas City, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Knew the Oshie thing would happen. How would Blues/Sens fans feel about the following two packages for Spezza:

1) Boyes, Berglund, Allen, 2nd

2) Boyes, Berglund, Tarasenko
Nothing even close. Boyes is producing on a current Spezza level. Spezza contract though kills any value he has. Sens fans should just keep him because you won't get anything close to what you want from probably any fanbase.

Just let the thread die.

Bluester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 05:17 PM
  #29
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 24,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Knew the Oshie thing would happen. How would Blues/Sens fans feel about the following two packages for Spezza:

1) Boyes, Berglund, Allen, 2nd

2) Boyes, Berglund, Tarasenko
Neither. We knew how good Tarasenko was when we passed on him for Rundblad.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 05:22 PM
  #30
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Neither. We knew how good Tarasenko was when we passed on him for Rundblad.
I think the pass on Tarasenko had more to do with not knowing when or if he would come over to North America to play not his talent level. Seems like an unknowledgeable post. Tarasenko was probably the 3rd best player in the whole draft. Teams just feared him never playing in North America so it is tough to commit a 1st on a player you may never have. Now that Tarasenko has restructured his contract to play in the NHL next season his value is much higher then it was on draft day.


It's way over payment from a Blues standpoint anyway. Tarasenko IMO will be just as productive in the NHL as Spezza has been.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 05:29 PM
  #31
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!
 
Stealth JD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Safari Motor Motel
Country: United States
Posts: 6,501
vCash: 500
Hey Jason, what do you think of some of these proposals suggesting you're worth multiple blue-chip assets, despite your awful season:


Stealth JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 05:50 PM
  #32
fcpremix88
Registered User
 
fcpremix88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 2,956
vCash: 500
This proposal gets made all the time, and I don't think it's ever ended in a different way. The Blues CANNOT AFFORD Spezza. It's not that he's a bad player (I think he'd be the best player on the Blues, honestly); it's purely based on his contract.

No more Spezza -> Blues proposals... please.

fcpremix88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 06:27 PM
  #33
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,709
vCash: 500
Ottawa would be stupid to trade Spezza. This season if healthy he was on pace for roughly 52 points.
Since he hasn't been it's around 40 points or so.

Even if you just write this season off as a bad season it still is hurting his value because he makes 7 million for the next 4 season. In the era of salary caps and teams with internal caps that's a lot of money to commit in hopes Spezza can be healthy and return to form. Spezza's best years he had a great winger with him ie Heatly and Hossa.

Boyes is probably the most hated Blues player because he is putting up similar production to Spezza this season at 4 million. Getting the same production at 7 million is brutal. Most Blues fans wrote off last season as a bad season for Boyes and hoped he would return to form and produce 25-35 goals and 55-60 points. He hasn't so what is to say Spezza will. Boyes still has the talents to be a 30 goal scorer he gets the chances he just doesn't finish them anymore.

With the Boyes experience we have why would we want to give up young cheap talented players for a 7 million a year very talented player in hopes that he returns to form. Also if you want to spend 7 million on a player this off season it appears Semin and Richards will be free agents you can pick up for nothing but a salary.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 07:26 PM
  #34
Pyke*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto / Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,616
vCash: 500
No interest in trading Spezza, at all. People significantly undervalue #1 centers.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:56 PM
  #35
Prussian_Blue
Registered User
 
Prussian_Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Germany
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Knew the Oshie thing would happen. How would Blues/Sens fans feel about the following two packages for Spezza:

1) Boyes, Berglund, Allen, 2nd

2) Boyes, Berglund, Tarasenko
Allen and Tarasenko are non-starters in any deal, and Berglund is well-liked by management (although some impatient "fans" seem to think he's worthless).

I honestly don't see a lot on Ottawa's NHL or AHL rosters that I'm personally interested in. I'd like to pry Lehner out of the Senators, but Boyes and a second ain't gonna do it...

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:04 PM
  #36
TK 421
Donut Squad
 
TK 421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
No interest in trading Spezza, at all. People significantly undervalue #1 centers.
Yes they do. The Blues haven't had one for a good stretch of years now. Backes performs admirably in the role, but he's more of a Steward King awaiting his return to RW.

The only piece the Blues really need is a top line center and Spezza fits the description. I'm not suggesting the Blues trade for Spezza, but certainly, No.1 Center should be Doug Armstrong's priority and is likely already his focus heading into free agency when he has a clearer picture of what money will be available under the reorganized ownership situation. Armstrong prefers to negotiate his own contracts rather than taking on an existing contract, but if a deal was there I don't think he'd hesitate to use quality young asset(s) to get a No.1 C(Halak trade). Checkett's said it would be sorted by Feb. but it's more likely Armstrong will have to wait until next years budget kicks in. While the Blues have both the assets required to get that deal done and the cap space to do it in-season, they still have an "internal budget" and the matter of moving some salary out.

As a Blues fan, I'm just glad this isn't another"Expensive winger to the Blues...." Thread.


Last edited by TK 421: 01-16-2011 at 11:48 PM.
TK 421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:53 AM
  #37
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Home of 5 Stanley's
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluester View Post
For that reason alone you get nothing close to what you want. Oshie is untouchable because he is a fan favorite and the Blues can't take the PR hit.

I would do Boyes for Spezza straight up. Both under performing players. However Spezza has more upside but the worse of the 2 contract wise.
lol lol lol lol lol lol lol Yeah like this would ever happen

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 01:24 AM
  #38
Pyke*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto / Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK 421 View Post
Yes they do. The Blues haven't had one for a good stretch of years now. Backes performs admirably in the role, but he's more of a Steward King awaiting his return to RW.

The only piece the Blues really need is a top line center and Spezza fits the description. I'm not suggesting the Blues trade for Spezza, but certainly, No.1 Center should be Doug Armstrong's priority and is likely already his focus heading into free agency when he has a clearer picture of what money will be available under the reorganized ownership situation. Armstrong prefers to negotiate his own contracts rather than taking on an existing contract, but if a deal was there I don't think he'd hesitate to use quality young asset(s) to get a No.1 C(Halak trade). Checkett's said it would be sorted by Feb. but it's more likely Armstrong will have to wait until next years budget kicks in. While the Blues have both the assets required to get that deal done and the cap space to do it in-season, they still have an "internal budget" and the matter of moving some salary out.

As a Blues fan, I'm just glad this isn't another"Expensive winger to the Blues...." Thread.
While I might agree the Blues could potentially have the assets to land Spezza, I sincerely doubt that they would be willing to pay the price that would be necessary to offset his loss to Ottawa; thereby making it moot

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 06:00 AM
  #39
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,866
vCash: 50
I wouldn't trade Oshie alone for Spezza and you have the nerve to add Allen and Berglund, shame on you.

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 06:54 AM
  #40
The Vinstar
Registered User
 
The Vinstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Brantford, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 384
vCash: 500
Spezza For Tarasenko! Yeah!

The Vinstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 08:35 AM
  #41
trentmccleary
Registered User
 
trentmccleary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Alfie-Ville
Posts: 18,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Ottawa would be stupid to trade Spezza. This season if healthy he was on pace for roughly 52 points.
Since he hasn't been it's around 40 points or so.

Even if you just write this season off as a bad season it still is hurting his value because he makes 7 million for the next 4 season. In the era of salary caps and teams with internal caps that's a lot of money to commit in hopes Spezza can be healthy and return to form. Spezza's best years he had a great winger with him ie Heatly and Hossa.

Boyes is probably the most hated Blues player because he is putting up similar production to Spezza this season at 4 million. Getting the same production at 7 million is brutal. Most Blues fans wrote off last season as a bad season for Boyes and hoped he would return to form and produce 25-35 goals and 55-60 points. He hasn't so what is to say Spezza will. Boyes still has the talents to be a 30 goal scorer he gets the chances he just doesn't finish them anymore.

With the Boyes experience we have why would we want to give up young cheap talented players for a 7 million a year very talented player in hopes that he returns to form. Also if you want to spend 7 million on a player this off season it appears Semin and Richards will be free agents you can pick up for nothing but a salary.
Because Brad Boyes production declined alone. Just him, nobody else.

Spezza's production is down by approximately 1/3rd... as it is for every forward on the Senators across the board. The forechecking/hits numbers have also dropped off drastically. The team is having a tremendous amount of difficulty getting out their own zone and into the opposing teams zone, particularly with any useful amount of speed.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 08:38 AM
  #42
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 24,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
I think the pass on Tarasenko had more to do with not knowing when or if he would come over to North America to play not his talent level. Seems like an unknowledgeable post. Tarasenko was probably the 3rd best player in the whole draft. Teams just feared him never playing in North America so it is tough to commit a 1st on a player you may never have. Now that Tarasenko has restructured his contract to play in the NHL next season his value is much higher then it was on draft day.


It's way over payment from a Blues standpoint anyway. Tarasenko IMO will be just as productive in the NHL as Spezza has been.


The fear in regards to Russians lasts beyond the day they commit to the NHL for the first time. What if things don't go perfectly? What if he doesn't become the star he envisioned? The KHL is just becoming more and more attractive. We passed on the Russians because we don't draft, we were well aware he was good and we were well aware he had intentions to play in the NHL.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 11:10 AM
  #43
Pyke*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto / Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
I wouldn't trade Oshie alone for Spezza and you have the nerve to add Allen and Berglund, shame on you.
And I wouldn't trade Spezza for Oshie, Berglund and Backes?

Do you have a point?

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 11:22 AM
  #44
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
SpezDispenser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,741
vCash: 500
Not happening, go find your own top line C.

SpezDispenser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 11:37 AM
  #45
Red08
Registered User
 
Red08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
And I wouldn't trade Spezza for Oshie, Berglund and Backes?

Do you have a point?
Really?

Red08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 11:41 AM
  #46
PietroOshieLo*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hershey, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red08 View Post
Really?
Not only would you get more points, but wouldn't it be a cheaper cap hit this year? That's a bit odd. Osh and Backes are at least of equivalent value in my eyes.

PietroOshieLo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 11:48 AM
  #47
Kezia
egg
 
Kezia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,722
vCash: 50
People forgetting that Spezza has been playing with trash linemates?

But OP is too much going to Ottawa.

Kezia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 11:50 AM
  #48
Maximus74
Registered User
 
Maximus74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ontario
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
Would never happen, but the Leafs could use Spezza...

Komisarek + Kadri would be a reasonable opening offer...

Maximus74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 11:51 AM
  #49
PietroOshieLo*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hershey, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieRunsValhalla View Post
People forgetting that Spezza has been playing with trash linemates?

But OP is too much going to Ottawa.
So has Backes since Oshie and Perron got injured: Vladimir Sobotka, and Matt D'agostini.
Berglund has had better fare in Alex Steen, but also B.J. Crombeen and occasionally Brad Winchester.

PietroOshieLo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 11:55 AM
  #50
trentmccleary
Registered User
 
trentmccleary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Alfie-Ville
Posts: 18,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PietroOshieLo View Post
Not only would you get more points, but wouldn't it be a cheaper cap hit this year? That's a bit odd. Osh and Backes are at least of equivalent value in my eyes.
I don't think posts like his are helpful... sort of baiting people with a ridiculous value on a deal that doesn't make sense.

Ottawa shouldn't trade Spezza because they don't have any other 1st line calibre players or prospects in the organization.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.