HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

J-bow or Regehr to Devils...

Old
01-18-2011, 08:15 AM
BurnEmUp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Zajac +

**** Regehr, we have a ton of that **** already and that's one of the main reasons why we can't score goals. Colin White is the man at clearing the zone with a "off the glass and out" type of breakout.

We'll keep our #1 center thank you very much
You might have your share of shut-down defenseman, but not of Regehr's quality. I'm not saying that means you should trade "Zajac +" for him, but there are not "a lot" of Regehr's out there.

BurnEmUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 09:25 AM
Canadiankid

So J Bo and Reghr not coming to NJ then?

Canadiankid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 09:39 AM
Tont

vCash: 503
People talking about Rolston+ for Bouwmeester are out of their ****ing minds. Bouwmeester plays like a 5.5 million dollar dman and gets 6.6. Not an issue for the Flames at all.

Tont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 10:15 AM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Rolston has one more year at 5M$ and J-Bow has 3 more years at 6.6M$... I'd rather keep a underachiever that will be off the books by the end of next year instead of 3. That kind of $$$ can be thrown at Markov, Kaberle, Erhorff or Pitkanen and you would get a much better player IMO.
Thrilled to hear it. You keep Rolston and we'll keep Bouwmeester. Everybody wins!

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 10:17 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
Thrilled to hear it. You keep Rolston and we'll keep Bouwmeester. Everybody wins!
J-Bow at 6.6M$ is too much for my liking... is he really worth that much?

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 10:24 AM
BurnEmUp

Quote:
Shankapotamus said it best. He's over paid by about $1 million or so. Not an issue for the Flames at all really.

If he ever finds his offensive game again, he'll be worth every red penny.

Old
01-18-2011, 10:25 AM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
I think he is. He's not producing all-star offense, but he simply dominates every other category. His skating alone is worth half that contract.

I could think of much, much worse contracts in this league than Jay's.

Despite what others think, I'm personally very happy to have Jay on our team and it would take an overpayment to extract him from our blueline.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 10:30 AM
BurnEmUp

Quote:
Easily.

One big one I can think of, that gets compared to J-Bo's a fair bit actually, is Campbell.

No comparison really.

Bouwmeester gets about $500k less, is 4 years younger and has his contract expire 2 years sooner.

In other words, Bouw's contract expires when he is the same age as Campbell is now (31), and Campbell is signed until he's 36.

Old
01-18-2011, 10:31 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Despite what others think, I'm personally very happy to have Jay on our team and it would take an overpayment to extract him from our blueline.

I'll second that.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 10:39 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Jay Bo cap hit is 6.6 mill ?

How do the Debbies do that? Both teams are right at the cap. Elias to the Flames?

And hasnt Jay been kind of a bust since he signed his last deal?

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 10:47 AM
Remember2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post

How do the Debbies do that? Both teams are right at the cap. Elias to the Flames?

Only reason people consider Jay a "bust" is because they knew how Jay performed in Florida so they expect him to get back to that but now they consider him under achieving. Isn't Kovalchuk a bust too? Dustin Byfugline has more points then him and hes a defensemen

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 11:10 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember2004 View Post
Only reason people consider Jay a "bust" is because they knew how Jay performed in Florida so they expect him to get back to that but now they consider him under achieving. Isn't Kovalchuk a bust too? Dustin Byfugline has more points then him and hes a defensemen
Kovy has a lifetime contract to redeem himself, but yea he's a bust this season. Especially considering what they gave up and continue to give up for him.

What Im saying is do you turn around and trade 6.6 mill in assets to the Flames for one "under achieving" player.

Seems risky, but I'm sure Lou has a plan

Old
01-18-2011, 11:11 AM
TheDoctor10
Bigger on the inside

If Flame fans think this team is bad now, take J-Bo off and see just how crap this defense is.

It makes no sense to bring over Rolston/Elias and give up Bo; anyone who'd rather have either of those guys at their money over Bouwmeester is sniffing glue.

TheDoctor10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan View Post
Only way I see it happening if its Regehr for Zajac+. No way the devils give up good young assets or picks.
Are you implying that Zajac is not a good young asset?

Zajac straight up is overpayment. We don't need Regehr.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
blankall

Quote:
I think he is. He's not producing all-star offense, but he simply dominates every other category. His skating alone is worth half that contract.

I think most fans who look beyond his point totals are happy with JBo's play. If JBo was traded who would fill his minutes on the team?

JBo is fourth in the league in TOI/game and has a positive +/- on a team with a negative +/-. JBo is at most 1 mil overpaid, and if the Flames started producing offence more consistently, JBo's numbers would go up making contract fair.

Trading JBo for spare parts and/or salary dumps would be a massive mistake.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 11:14 AM
TheDoctor10
Bigger on the inside

Quote:

He's overpaid by about 1.5M for what his production offensively has been. But he's been the best shutdown D for the Flames on a team that does have Regehr, so that says something. Positionally he's a rock, rarely has mental lapses in the defesnive zone.

Has he been underwhelming offensively? Absolutely. But everyone makes him out to be Redden; he's not. He's still an elite NHL defender, albeit one who's overpaid by 1.5M

TheDoctor10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 11:15 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post

Trading JBo for spare parts and/or salary dumps would be a massive mistake.
I wouldn't call Elias a salary dump. He's a great player who probably doesnt like the Kovy situation and is just being forced out the door like Jamie Capt America Langenbrunner

Old
01-18-2011, 11:18 AM
Remember2004

How about we take Kovalchuk off your hands?

Straight up Kovalchuk for Bouwmeester and Glencross? even out salaries so not really straight up but you get the idea.

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 11:18 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
Positionally he's a rock, rarely has mental lapses in the defesnive zone.
Well the devils could use that skill set. Can he hit Kovy with 90 ft passes hanging at the blue line? Thats a good skill set to have as well.

Old
01-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Quote:
I wouldn't call Elias a salary dump. He's a great player who probably doesnt like the Kovy situation and is just being forced out the door like Jamie Capt America Langenbrunner
I doubt Elias would except a trade to Western Canada, to a team that probably won't make the playoffs. I can see Philly or the Caps as a possibility.

Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 11:34 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Kovy has a lifetime contract to redeem himself, but yea he's a bust this season. Especially considering what they gave up and continue to give up for him.
The way I see it, we got Kovy for a major bargain.

Oduya = Salary dump and is really a #4 d-men on any respectable blueline but played top pairing minutes cause we had no one else.
Bergfors = Was getting 4th line minutes with us cause he couldn't play D and is getting healthy scratched in Atlanta for the same reasons.
Cormier = Will probably turn out as a 3rd line center ala Bobby Holik in his prime.
1st round pick = They used it to trade for Dustin Byfuglien, Ben Eager, Brent Sopel and Akim Aliu.
2nd round pick = We flipped our 2nd with theirs and Lou managed to select John Merrill.
*We have to forfeit a 1st round pick in the next 4 years and this years 3rd round pick.

The way I see it, we didn't give up all that much for a proven 40 goal scorer. We gave up alot of "maybe's" and we ended up with a proven All-Star, I'd say Lou did a great job in the IK trade.

Of course "maybe's" are worth a ton here on HF and that's why people think we lost alot... Just my opinion

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 11:56 AM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

I agree. What the Devils gave Atlanta to get Kovy was a bargain. What hurt was additional
1st & 3rd the league took for resigning him.

Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 12:03 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
I agree. What the Devils gave Atlanta to get Kovy was a bargain. What hurt was additional
1st & 3rd the league took for resigning him.
Plus Langs... and does the fallout continue? Elias... Parise

Hey if it turns into a complete rebuild so be it, but I dont think that was the plan going in.

I know it sucks but you have to understand the Devils players have always been sold a mantra of the "good soldier" taking a little less. Understanding there was a Devils Way.

I just don't know how Lou goes into a negotiation with Parise and asks him to take less. I think those days ended with Kovalchuk. I think the cost continues.

I know I bust chops about how good Parise would look in Blue... its all in good fun. I doubt he would go to the Rangers with so many other options on his table. I do think he'll test the UFA market when he gets his chance. Something I dont think was as likely before the Kovy lifetime 100+ million deal

Old
01-18-2011, 12:10 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
The way I see it, we got Kovy for a major bargain.

The way I see it, we didn't give up all that much for a proven 40 goal scorer. We gave up alot of "maybe's" and we ended up with a proven All-Star, I'd say Lou did a great job in the IK trade.

Of course "maybe's" are worth a ton here on HF and that's why people think we lost alot... Just my opinion
Oduya
Bergfors
Cormier
1st round pick
2nd round pick
1st round pick
3rd round pick
100 Million Dollars

Capt America (please dont say he was old and no good. The guy is a quality player. He was C of the USA Olympic team just last year. He's gone for chemistry issues.)

and than most troubeling of all...

The end of the Devils, or perhaps better said Lou Lams, Devils Way of doing things.

Old
01-18-2011, 12:23 PM
Puck Farise

Quote:
Oduya Mediocre 2nd pairing dman. I've heard Thrash fans saying the Oduya-Bogosian(I think?) pairing has been the worst in the league
Bergfors Might turn out to be a 50 point player, I doubt he'll stick around in the league though
Cormier Potential of a tough 3rd liner, woopity doo
1st round pick 24th overall, not such a big deal
2nd round pick Again, not such a big deal
1st round pick Can't say we 'gave' these up based on a ******** decision by the league
3rd round pick
100 Million Dollars Oh noes! 6.6 cap hit is all that matters
Quote:
Capt America (please dont say he was old and no good. The guy is a quality player. He was C of the USA Olympic team just last year. He's gone for chemistry issues.)

and than most troubeling of all...

The end of the Devils, or perhaps better said Lou Lams, Devils Way of doing things.
"Captain America" was Captain ****** here. He WAS a quality player. This year and the back half of last year he sucked. And look up quotes from Mario Tremblay explaining how great of a captain Langendouche was.

'End of the Devils' MacLean causing us to suck for half a season is hardly 'the end'. Typical Rangers fan.

Puck Farise is offline   Reply With Quote