HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Spezza to STL

Old
01-18-2011, 11:57 AM
PietroOshieLo*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
I don't think posts like his are helpful... sort of baiting people with a ridiculous value on a deal that doesn't make sense.

Ottawa shouldn't trade Spezza because they don't have any other 1st line calibre players or prospects in the organization.
Understandable. St. Louis is probably not the best bet for Ottawa, unless you really want to overpay for any of our players or prospects.

PietroOshieLo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 11:59 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus74 View Post
Would never happen, but the Leafs could use Spezza...

Komisarek + Kadri would be a reasonable opening offer...
A future 2nd line center and a bad salary dump? Oh, opening offer...gotcha.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 12:21 PM
The Fuhr

I'm not sure Spezza has a whole lot of value.

He needs a healthy season at a PPG or the Sens will not see market value for him. The Sens fanbase should not be upset at low offers... just the way it goes after a few poor injury plagued seasons.

The Fuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 12:26 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PietroOshieLo View Post
Not only would you get more points, but wouldn't it be a cheaper cap hit this year? That's a bit odd. Osh and Backes are at least of equivalent value in my eyes.
I wouldn't trade Spezza for those players, because Spezza is our #1 center, and the value we'd get in return does not make it worthwhile.

I'm not a fan of any of those three players either, which probably shades it some, but still. People forget how few centers in the league are #1 C's, and while Spezza had a bad year, everyone on the Sens has.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 12:38 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
I'm not sure Spezza has a whole lot of value.

He needs a healthy season at a PPG or the Sens will not see market value for him. The Sens fanbase should not be upset at low offers... just the way it goes after a few poor injury plagued seasons.
No one should be surprised that Spezza hasn't been traded and probably won't be.

Old
01-18-2011, 12:40 PM
alpine4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieRunsValhalla View Post
People forgetting that Spezza has been playing with trash linemates?

But OP is too much going to Ottawa.
Thrash linemates... c'mon now how can you call Ryan Shannon "THRASH"

but yes OP was to much

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 12:44 PM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

As for the Tarasenko discussion, I am sure Ottawa did their homework on him and just decided to pass. Whether or not this decision comes back to bite them or not remains to be seen. Senators fans should be more than happy with Rundblad, I mean he is like 5th in the SEL in points.

As for Spezza, his value is at an all-time low due to injuries and thus now is not the time to trade him. I do find it humorous that so many people are now coming out to dump on him and pretend that he is not a top-flight talent. Spezza is as much a sub-80 point player as Ovechkin is a sub-30 goal player.

Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 12:45 PM
Maximus74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
A future 2nd line center and a bad salary dump? Oh, opening offer...gotcha.
Funny how soon prospects lose their value around here.. If the offer was Komi + the 7th overall in the next draft, it sounds better than Komi + Kadri.

Kadri is still very young with lots of upside. Komi & Spezza are both struggling, grossly overpaid compared to current performance and would be difficult to move b/c of cap issues...

Maximus74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 12:50 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Funny how soon prospects lose their value around here.. If the offer was Komi + the 7th overall in the next draft, it sounds better than Komi + Kadri.

Kadri is still very young with lots of upside. Komi & Spezza are both struggling, grossly overpaid compared to current performance and would be difficult to move b/c of cap issues...
Spezza might be struggling, but he is a #1 center. The Sens have no interest in Komisarek at all. I also don't believe we have any interest in Kadri, and I don't think we ever did.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 01:09 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Would never happen, but the Leafs could use Spezza...

Komisarek + Kadri would be a reasonable opening offer...
Bolded the only part of your post that makes any sense.

Komi has negative value, that contract is horrendous, and offsets a lot of what value Kadri has. So your 'opening offer' is a center that (best case scenario) may become a good 2nd line center, and a dman (which we DON'T need anyway) that has negative value, in exchange for sending our legit first line center to our most bitter rival. Unless your next offer is taking out Komi and including your 2012 and 2013 first rounders, we're done talking here. (And before you say anything, if Kessel, as one-dimensional as he is, is worth 2 firsts and a second, Spezza is worth more than that).

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:

It's funny how fast a fan base notorious for overrating prospects believes a 7th overall pick is a future 1st line center. Komi + 7th is only marginally better depending on the way Ottawa had their draft board listed.

I like Kadri....but I don't think he'll be a legit 1st line C. It's possible but he wouldn't be the guy I'd bet Spezza on it for only to take back Komisarek. I'd be trying (and probably failing) for a deal centered around Johansen.