HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal @ Buffalo 7:30PM EST RDS (HD), TSN (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2011, 01:28 PM
Habit11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertzar View Post
Have a snowday from work here in Connecticut so I've been listening to NHL Live...Habs are getting worked over by Bill Clement and this Versus guy all show. Don Lagreca not so much.

Basically saying Habs are becoming a hated team because of PK and other cocky players like Cammalleri--Clement thinks they don't have anything to really back up...Another guest from USA Today said he predicts Habs to fall out and Canes to make the playoffs--also feels Rangers are outstanding...
What other cocky players? Darche? Pyatt? Moen? Gill? Maybe Clement found out that AK46 trash talks in belarussian

PK seems to be the only 'cocky' player because the rest of the team is definitely not. Cammalleri probably has the quietest and most modest goal celebration in the league, he doesn't even raise his arms when he scores. I hate when guys who don't watch the team chime in as if they follow game in and game out.

Old
01-18-2011, 01:33 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
What other cocky players? Darche? Pyatt? Moen? Gill? Maybe Clement found out that AK46 trash talks in belarussian

PK seems to be the only 'cocky' player because the rest of the team is definitely not. Cammalleri probably has the quietest and most modest goal celebration in the league, he doesn't even raise his arms when he scores. I hate when guys who don't watch the team chime in as if they follow game in and game out.
They are like their head coach: boring ! When was the last time Plekanec smiled ?

Old
01-18-2011, 01:41 PM
Galchenyuk94

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
They are like their head coach: boring ! When was the last time Plekanec smiled ?
Too gangster to smile.

Old
01-18-2011, 02:05 PM
11Goat11
Inside her

I'll be there tonight depending on the weather, bunch of freezing rain supposed to come in. Hopefully the boys keep the momentum going and pull out another big win with no third period collapses, also want to see Kost, Camm, and PK bury again, go Habs!

Old
01-18-2011, 02:11 PM
Talent Analyst

Go habs go!

Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta
Eller-Plekanek-Cammalleri
Pouliot-Desharnais-Kostitsyn
Moen-Halpern-Darche

I would really like to see this lineup when Pouliot will be back.

Old
01-18-2011, 02:14 PM
SB164

Former Canadiens assistant captain Craig Rivet has a clear and honest message for PK Subban. Change your ways. Don't change your game. But change your ways.

In a no-holds-barred CJAD Exclusive, Buffalo's captain offers advice to the Habs rookie and makes clear that YES, all the more players around the league are learning to hate him since the Mike Richards warning in the fall.

"I have no problem with that goal celebration...but there's a way to present yourself to other players in the league...how you're gonna act....hopefully he'll learn."

Rivet compares Subban to Crosby---everyone respects the skill, but it's up to the rookie to make sure they respect the player.

But Rivet also PK is unlike the Sabres' defense prodigy Tyler Myers, who is "wise beyond his years."

Listen to this CJAD 1-on-1 with Rivet on PK.

http://www.cjad.com/Blog/HabsNews/bl...tryID=10193225

Can we send this guy a gift basket for getting Pacioretty and Gorges?

Old
01-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Former Canadiens assistant captain Craig Rivet has a clear and honest message for PK Subban. Change your ways. Don't change your game. But change your ways.

In a no-holds-barred CJAD Exclusive, Buffalo's captain offers advice to the Habs rookie and makes clear that YES, all the more players around the league are learning to hate him since the Mike Richards warning in the fall.

"I have no problem with that goal celebration...but there's a way to present yourself to other players in the league...how you're gonna act....hopefully he'll learn."

Rivet compares Subban to Crosby---everyone respects the skill, but it's up to the rookie to make sure they respect the player.

But Rivet also PK is unlike the Sabres' defense prodigy Tyler Myers, who is "wise beyond his years."

Isn't Rivet a healthy scratch of late?

Old
01-18-2011, 02:18 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post

get banned, brah.
+1
terrible jinx

go habs

Old
01-18-2011, 02:29 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:

Deep thoughts from a guy who has had a lot of time to think lately.

Funny thing about NHLers: They have fragile egos. You tell them you're gonna **** their wife, it's water off a duck's back. You say you're better than them, you get in their face and play like you're better than them, and they can't take it.

Old
01-18-2011, 02:31 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardo View Post
Too gangster to smile.

Old
01-18-2011, 03:25 PM
DJ Breadman

Hey guys, I've been reading this board for a few years now and finally got my account activated after many tries, Habs are gonna win tonight and I predict PK rides the stick Tiger Williams style, LOL

Old
01-18-2011, 03:38 PM
Max et Guillaume

Quote:
It's weird that they would photoshop the picture to make him look less gangsta... here's the original, I've got a friend who works for a newspaper:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pleks.jpg‎ (180.3 KB, 62 views)

Old
01-18-2011, 03:39 PM
Disturbed1
Dale ****ing Weise

Nice GDT, Gonna have to listen on crappy am radio at work for this one. GO HABS!

Old
01-18-2011, 03:42 PM
habdynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Isn't Rivet a healthy scratch of late?
Yes he is washed up and jealous of the young players who have a long career in front of them.

Old
01-18-2011, 03:43 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post

They don't show it in the replays, but Plekanec's celebration is a huge diss towards Briere.

I have no problem believing we have a group of players that are cocky and trashtalky.
Cammy yaps a lot, Gomez is a big talker, PK is PK, Plek does it in a very subtle way and is a big slasher, Price certainly must have it in him if we look at his celebrations, Darche is a loudmouth from what Pouliot has said, Gill always has his lips moving, MaxPac had no problem shoving Chara out of the way after scoring and you could hear him loudly scream ''Woooooo'', we had Lappy...So, I really don't find it hard to believe we have a group of cocky players, and I love it.
We might be a very small team, but I really don't get the impression teams are looking forward to playing us, especially not if it's in our building.

Old
01-18-2011, 03:43 PM
Picaroon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
Go habs go!

Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta
Eller-Plekanek-Cammalleri
Pouliot-Desharnais-Kostitsyn
Moen-Halpern-Darche

I would really like to see this lineup when Pouliot will be back.
That's a beauty lineup. Three dangerous lines and one hard working line you will be hard pressed to score on. I like the way things are shaping up. I look at Eller being on Plekanec' line as the same mentality as Gill and Subban. Eller is going to learn a lot. Looks like JM might be learning to develop rookies, but I'm probably getting way ahead of myself.

Old
01-18-2011, 03:46 PM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post

Funny thing about NHLers: They have fragile egos.
The other thing about NHLers is that most of them are as dumb as bricks.

Shut up Craig.

Old
01-18-2011, 03:49 PM
Jigger77

Good, if they liked us there would be something wrong. It's a hate I love, personally. he he.

Here is my bold prediction. Cammy will score at least 1 tonight. Snipers like that tend to score 'em in bunches. Let's hope we don't blow another lead though. that's two games in a row where we make it much more interesting than we had to.

Can't wait for the game! It's nice to be excited about the Habs again.

Old
01-18-2011, 04:12 PM
Nedved

Pk Pk Pk

Old
01-18-2011, 04:26 PM
The Right Price

Let's continue to play well and not have any breakdowns (like vs. Pittsburgh) and I am sure we can notch up another W.

Price should play well and hopefully Kostitsyn and Cammalleri can get some kind of streak going. And PK's feet are on the ground I hope.

Plekanec has a 4 game pt streak. Let's extend it shall we?

3-1 habs. Cammalleri, Gomez, Kostitsyn

Old
01-18-2011, 05:20 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
Hey guys, I've been reading this board for a few years now and finally got my account activated after many tries, Habs are gonna win tonight and I predict PK rides the stick Tiger Williams style, LOL
I almost wish he does something like that. " Cue to all the haters : I will not change!
(what would be an appropriate english translation of "Je persiste et signe!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
They don't show it in the replays, but Plekanec's celebration is a huge diss towards Briere.

I have no problem believing we have a group of players that are cocky and trashtalky.
Cammy yaps a lot, Gomez is a big talker, PK is PK, Plek does it in a very subtle way and is a big slasher, Price certainly must have it in him if we look at his celebrations, Darche is a loudmouth from what Pouliot has said, Gill always has his lips moving, MaxPac had no problem shoving Chara out of the way after scoring and you could hear him loudly scream ''Woooooo'', we had Lappy...So, I really don't find it hard to believe we have a group of cocky players, and I love it.
We might be a very small team, but I really don't get the impression teams are looking forward to playing us, especially not if it's in our building.
I love how it feels to see the image and hear McGuire and Dubé at the same time!

Old
01-18-2011, 05:27 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max et Guillaume View Post
It's weird that they would photoshop the picture to make him look less gangsta... here's the original, I've got a friend who works for a newspaper:
Haha took me a few seconds to notice the difference

Nice job

Old
01-18-2011, 05:34 PM
TheHabMan43
You'd Better RUN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
Welcome to HF!

If PK were to do that, it would be gold.

Old
01-18-2011, 06:15 PM
shadowman

I have no problem with rivet. But that journalist woww he was tryn to make him say all kind of stuff. My god.

Old
01-18-2011, 06:27 PM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post

I think you are reading too much into one goal celebration by Pleks (a guy who wears a turtleneck and calls himself "a little girl" is not cocky). The other players may be talkative on the ice or to each other on the bench, which is what Pouliot meant about Darche, but that doesn't mean cockiness or arrogance.

Cocky is the Caps vs. the Habs last year in the playoffs, and then the Pens vs. the Habs in the playoffs where neither team really respected their opponent. Both of those teams and the Flyers are way more cocky than the Habs, it's not even close.

Closed Thread