HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Price gets a shutout! Habs manage to Hurf-a-durf a win in OT

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2011, 03:22 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

vCash: 500
I hope this is the first of many over-the-top PK celebrations.

Old
01-18-2011, 03:23 PM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
He preaches patience and discipline. He lets them in slowly, and hammers fundamentals on them. You strip the player down, teach him how to be successful in the NHL, and then you let him bud as a player. Unfortunately, not all kids handle this way because they are not strong mentally. And a lot of fans don´t like it because people are notoriously impatient and compulsive.
Hardly the case. Martin stifles talent and it's been showing time and time again. The only reason Subban is doing what he's doing is because of his own elite compete, fitness and talent level.

"and then you let him bud as a player" like with O'Byrne, right?

Old
01-18-2011, 03:28 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post
Hardly the case. Martin stifles talent and it's been showing time and time again. The only reason Subban is doing what he's doing is because of his own elite compete, fitness and talent level.

"and then you let him bud as a player" like with O'Byrne, right?
O´byrne frankly isn´t that good man. His hockey sense is extremely low.

Old
01-18-2011, 03:36 PM
shamrun

He got nothing for his taunt (which if you watch the video he did twice in a row) and no veterans complained or whined, never heard Don cherry speak of it etc. it sucks now to know every time pk sneezes someone might take offense and say he is disrespectful.

Old
01-18-2011, 03:59 PM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Quote:
O´byrne frankly isn´t that good man. His hockey sense is extremely low.
I was just countering your point that JM's "youth development" allows players to bud and grow. O'Byrne, Latendresse, SKost, Lapierre and Boyd had all shown flashes of ability at other points in their careers but never "budded" under JM. The only young player that has shown any sort of upward development at the NHL level is PK Subban and he is an elite talent who is, in my opinion, "budding" in spite of JM.

Old
01-18-2011, 04:13 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post
I was just countering your point that JM's "youth development" allows players to bud and grow. O'Byrne, Latendresse, SKost, Lapierre and Boyd had all shown flashes of ability at other points in their careers but never "budded" under JM. The only young player that has shown any sort of upward development at the NHL level is PK Subban and he is an elite talent who is, in my opinion, "budding" in spite of JM.
forgot Pouliot, who was doing nothing good in MIN ? ?

Old
01-18-2011, 04:22 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
Where did I say anything about race? Did I say it had anything or nothing to do with race? No I didn't.

Stick to the subject: Gomez was right to be pissed off. He was going to celebrate with him and he blew him off. He later said he was so excited that he did make a mistake. I just don't get why PK saw he screwed up and not some of you here.

On a team you need to go to bat for your team mates to get them to get your back. If he keeps acting like that he'll be as alone as he was after he celebrated the goal and the gathering was off where Price was.

I don't mind the celebration. He was deep in the zone after the shot he should have fist pumped back there and had the team come to him not fly into the middle of the ice and blow by the guys who helped him create the play.
Dude, I said some of the flack he gets is racially motivated. You disagreed. Go back a few pages and re-read what I typed and your reply.

First off, can you provide a clip where Gomez was skating towards Subban and he ignored him?

And if he did, who gives a ****? Haven't you played sports before? I don't need to be acknowledged for making a pass...if Gomez is mad (which I doubt) then he's a lame.

You're telling him how to celebrate? "A fist pump"? This is a new low for Hab fans. They were talking about this on Off The Record and both Landsberg and Barnaby had no idea why PK apologized. Overblown ******** from fans and the stupid media.

Old
01-18-2011, 04:22 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
forgot Pouliot, who was doing nothing good in MIN ? ?
Dude, he didn´t forget him, he just doesn´t fit his argument.

Funny enough, neither does OB, he has played freaking 5 season in the league, 3 before Martin even got behind our bench.

Old
01-18-2011, 05:16 PM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Dude, I said some of the flack he gets is racially motivated. You disagreed. Go back a few pages and re-read what I typed and your reply.

First off, can you provide a clip where Gomez was skating towards Subban and he ignored him?

And if he did, who gives a ****? Haven't you played sports before? I don't need to be acknowledged for making a pass...if Gomez is mad (which I doubt) then he's a lame.

You're telling him how to celebrate? "A fist pump"? This is a new low for Hab fans. They were talking about this on Off The Record and both Landsberg and Barnaby had no idea why PK apologized. Overblown ******** from fans and the stupid media.
Wow, do you read any of these posts or just over-react in general?

No I can't provide a clip because it was verbal while the camera was on PK. If you need clips to view what happened maybe you could start with the one where PK has a couple of guys around him and the rest of the team is somewhere else. Another good one is the one where he approaches Gomez and gets blown off. Maybe the one where he gets interviewed and ADMITS he screwed up? How about the countless clips of interviews and post game shows where universally it was agreed to he screwed up?

What does playing sports have to do with anything? You play and you can't see that Gomez was pissed? The "new low" for Hab fans is that whatever PK does is OK. You have to defend every single thing he does regardless of you knowing why his team mates blew him off. How could you play sports and not recognize the cool reception he got?

I have no problem with the trash talk he dishes out to idiots like Richards and company. They can't deal with it that's their problem. They all did the same thing when they first came up but they didn't get crap for it. Crosby in particular was a big mouth but no body complained but when PK does it Cherry and company come down on him. I defend him when that stuff happens but when he screws up, admits it and the team reacts the way they did it is completely stupid to defend his actions. If PK says he screwed up then I'll believe him. The ******** here is from fans ignoring what happened and not from the media. They caught on it right away.

Landsburg...LOL

Old
01-18-2011, 05:16 PM
knuck
On and off fan

McGuire on PK's side. Cool

Old
01-18-2011, 05:26 PM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Quote:
Dude, he didn´t forget him, he just doesn´t fit his argument.

Funny enough, neither does OB, he has played freaking 5 season in the league, 3 before Martin even got behind our bench.
I didn't include Pouliot because, again it is my opinion, he was due to break out. Kinda like Mike Ribeiro took his game to another level after being traded but obviously Pouliot had no sustained NHL career prior to the trade.

Pouliot hasn't made the jump from inconsistent-but-very-talented to consistent-contributer either, which is the other reason I left him out.

I'm annoyed that this team just fiddles away young talent, especially local talent, because the coach is too stubborn to adapt to their needs? SKost, as much of a ******** he was, seems like the ultimate burn because he was low-risk high-reward and now Nashville is reaping them.

Old
01-18-2011, 05:46 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
Wow, do you read any of these posts or just over-react in general?

No I can't provide a clip because it was verbal while the camera was on PK. If you need clips to view what happened maybe you could start with the one where PK has a couple of guys around him and the rest of the team is somewhere else. Another good one is the one where he approaches Gomez and gets blown off. Maybe the one where he gets interviewed and ADMITS he screwed up? How about the countless clips of interviews and post game shows where universally it was agreed to he screwed up?

What does playing sports have to do with anything? You play and you can't see that Gomez was pissed? The "new low" for Hab fans is that whatever PK does is OK. You have to defend every single thing he does regardless of you knowing why his team mates blew him off. How could you play sports and not recognize the cool reception he got?

I have no problem with the trash talk he dishes out to idiots like Richards and company. They can't deal with it that's their problem. They all did the same thing when they first came up but they didn't get crap for it. Crosby in particular was a big mouth but no body complained but when PK does it Cherry and company come down on him. I defend him when that stuff happens but when he screws up, admits it and the team reacts the way they did it is completely stupid to defend his actions. If PK says he screwed up then I'll believe him. The ******** here is from fans ignoring what happened and not from the media. They caught on it right away.

Landsburg...LOL
overreact? You're the one that's complaining about the celebration. And most people have been on PK's side so I have no idea what you're talking about.

What I can't stand is speculation....and your entire post is speculation. This should really be a non-issue, but alas, it is... What a shock.

Closed Thread