HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade with Ottawa

Old
01-18-2011, 03:20 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

vCash: 500
only problem with a fisher vs legwand thread is you are relying on the same jokers who predicted phanuef would be a better dman than suter or weber for accurate results. I will just look at the standings and see ottawa sucking it up with fisher in their top six and his 19 points.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:20 PM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
So David Legwand is "tough" compared to Mike Fisher? Quite the opposite. Legwand is a perimeter player most of the time that gets tossed around physically. Fisher does the tossing.

I know we like to dream up every intangible for our first born son (Lewgand), but Fisher is better in most people's eyes.

The reason Legwands career highs are slightly better is because Fisher was on the 3rd line for the better part of this 1st 5 years in the league, where as Legwand was on a scoringline most of that time. As for the recent, Fisher scored 25g to Legwand's 11g in similar ice-time. He's got twice the goals this year, on an Ottawa team that is not clicking at all.

But here, reason is thrown out the window when it comes to our 1st born. People say they wouldn't trade Lewgand for Zetterberg. .
I'll take Zetterberg for Leggy.

As for the rest, that's rubbish. Statistically, it was shown that Leggy has better stats. Stats also show Leggy as a superior (compared to the whole league) defender. And to say he played on a scoring line his whole career: we didn't HAVE a scoring line until we signed Sully and PK, and who were the guys he's been playing with the last couple years? Guys named Ward and Smitty, I think - that's a scoring line in my book, you betcha'.

Let Fisher be better in people's eyes, I'll take results - measured contribution. Stats say Leggy.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 04:22 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
If you're going to trade younger promising players like Hornqvist, you typically want something that would push your team to the next level or some top end prospects/picks. Well, this trade is not going to accomplish either. Getting Alfy and Fisher and losing Leggy and Horny....not going to push us to the next level. Regardless of anything else, that makes this a no-go for me.

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 04:34 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

You guys are arguing with someone that has, for several years now, maintained an irrational dislike for Legwand, citing not only on-ice performance, but some nebulous off-ice "incident." Fisher will put up similar offensive production to Legwand, and despite what Dulzhok says, he's not some banging physical machine, nor is he as good defensively as Legwand. For whatever perceived slight edge Fisher provides in offense, Legwand's defense is significantly better.

For all the arguments, Dulz has never been able to explain the Predators record with Legwand vs without. The sample size is large enough now that simply calling it coincidence doesn't jibe.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 05:28 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
For all the arguments, Dulz has never been able to explain the Predators record with Legwand vs without. The sample size is large enough now that simply calling it coincidence doesn't jibe.
What is the record with and without Legwand? Also, please note the other players that were out during this time (i.e. most recently Suter). That stat would have more holes in it than +/-. It doesn't take into account the play/health of 19 other players.

I take Fisher over Legwand, 9 out of 10 days. The 1 in 10 days Legwand is willing to go to high traffic areas, it maybe close.

Who are you to say what's irrational? I think he's overpaid for his skill set. Simply is that. And I would take Fisher over him. Now that may seem terribly irrational to you, but I think a large # of NHL fans would agree with me.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 06:53 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
What is the record with and without Legwand? Also, please note the other players that were out during this time (i.e. most recently Suter). That stat would have more holes in it than +/-. It doesn't take into account the play/health of 19 other players.

I take Fisher over Legwand, 9 out of 10 days. The 1 in 10 days Legwand is willing to go to high traffic areas, it maybe close.

Who are you to say what's irrational? I think he's overpaid for his skill set. Simply is that. And I would take Fisher over him. Now that may seem terribly irrational to you, but I think a large # of NHL fans would agree with me.
A large number of NHL fans also think that voting on American Idol is more important than participating in the political process. Citing them as your supporting argument doesn't bolster your case.

Fisher has a lower average point per game level than Legwand, is not as defensively solid, and has a comparable cap hit. I'm looking for the clear cut logic for even this part of the proposed deal.

101st_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 08:28 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

No thanks to the proposal.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 09:06 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Fisher is better than Legwand. I agree with dulz on that. But the move is only a minor upgrade, not worth risking chemistry issues over.

But the deal breaker for me is Hornqvist. Other than that, the deal isn't all that bad honestly. Replace Hornqvist with Erat and I do it. Alfie can still play.

edit: didn't realize Alfie was signed for 2 more years. Can't do it.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 09:57 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

The only clear cut statistical advantage Fisher has is at the dot. Not at points per game for the season. Not at points per game for their career.

Those numbers are with Legwand playing a season plus with Smithson and Ward as his linemates and having an early career on an expansion team with guys like Krivo, Kjellberg, Johnson, et al.

101st_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 10:45 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
The only clear cut statistical advantage Fisher has is at the dot. Not at points per game for the season. Not at points per game for their career.
Fisher was earning his keep his first 5 years, playing 3rd and 4th line, while Legwand was handed a scorignline role out of default from the beginning. Fisher has never touched 1st line ice time behind Spezza (and others), Legwand has had his fair share.

Fisher scored 20g the last 4 of 5 years. Legwand has scored over 20g once.

Fisher is coming off a 25g year. Lewgand, an 11g year and 40 game goal scoring drought. Yes, I take more stock in goals than assists. I think most 2nd assists should not be counted as a contribution of note, and some 1st assists.

Fisher has one less year on his contract.

Fisher wins battles. Legwand usually avoids them.

Faceoffs.

It's not a landslide, but these are the reasons I would take Fisher over Legwand.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 11:59 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

2001-lecroix and chris phillips

2002-centered havlat and magnus arvedson---keep in mind chara and redden were there too

2003-arvedson and bonk

2004-lockout

2005-played with alfreddson and smolinski before the famed CASH line put together, the skated with havlat til havlat got hurt. point being-not exactly paying dues.

2007-skated with comrie and vermette quite a bit

not like he was skating with talentless hacks

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:26 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

and another thread becomes a "Legwand" thread... niiiiiice

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 08:18 AM
MattPreds37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
I think Legwand's defensive game is getting underrated around here.
I agree with Soundgarden, David Legwand is really solid defensively. Its just a shame we pay so much for it. I dont think Legwand will go anywhere. I think Leggy will finish out his contract here, sign another small one and be the first coast to coast career Predator.

MattPreds37 is offline   Reply With Quote