HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Benn being used as bait?

Old
01-18-2011, 04:13 PM
ScubaSteve*

vCash: 500
We've been over this before. If you want Benn or Neal, it would require giving up Letang.

ScubaSteve* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 04:14 PM
Pens1566

I'd be okay with Neal for Gogo + Jeffery/pick ...

Glennie is nice and all, but he wouldn't help our immediate need at wing.

Pens1566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Pens1566

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
We've been over this before. If you want Benn or Neal, it would require giving up Letang.
And Shero wouldn't even consider it.

Pens1566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
If you want Letang, prepare to give up Eriksson.

Ugene Malkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 05:11 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Martin View Post
If you want Letang, prepare to give up Eriksson.

We'll keep Eriksson, thanks though!

01-18-2011, 05:15 PM
High Flying Birds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post

I fail to see how this is amusing...? Letang is one of the best young dmen in hockey and Eriksson is one of the best young wingers in hockey. It'd be funny if he said Goligoski for Eriksson but as far as I know, he did not.

High Flying Birds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 05:23 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Letang has easily replaced Gonchar and is pretty much the Pens #1 D-Man. He's basically untouchable. He's a better all around player than Paul Martin, Zbynek Michalek, Brooks Orpik and any other current Pens D-Man. I don't think he's expendable even for a top line winger. We'd gain that top line winger and lose our #1 D-Man. He's definitely worth more to us than Benn or Neal. Eriksson is probably the only one that the Pens would even consider moving him for and even then I doubt the Pens would do it. I also understand that Dallas likely wouldn't do that deal either for their own reasons.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 05:34 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Fata View Post
I fail to see how this is amusing...? Letang is one of the best young dmen in hockey and Eriksson is one of the best young wingers in hockey. It'd be funny if he said Goligoski for Eriksson but as far as I know, he did not.
Yes, it seems you do.

Eriksson is more valuable to the success of the Stars than Letang would be.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 06:00 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by REALTALK81 View Post
Neal is a BEAST but Benn might just be better. If the Leafs were trying to get either start with Schenn + Reimer/Rynnas + Kadri & you might get their attention. I would love to see either guy wearing the Blue & White (Same w/ Eriksson)

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 06:05 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Yes, it seems you do.

Eriksson is more valuable to the success of the Stars than Letang would be.
Likewise for the Pens, especially if you are considering Benn or Neal for him.

But as far as trade standard worth, one is a "TOP" winger, and one is a "TOP" D-man.

It's hardly laughable, just each his own holds their player in high regards to his own team, as would both teams Higher-Archy. Which is more valuable on the open market, I'd contend they're equal for the most part.

Neither Benn or Neal are worth Letang, and I believe we all have come to this conclusion.

So, why would they give him up for either of them. Your not getting a top D-man for Neal or Benn, it's just not there.

Goligoski, is at the cusp of being one, not there yet, but he's not that far off. Still pretty young by D-man standards who's just approaching his prime. Same could be said of Neal, and I would totally understand wanting more for Benn, but it isn't Letang.

Ugene Malkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 07:31 PM
T M L
The Big Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony Eriksson View Post
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/dal110116.html

I can't see Dallas moving Benn who is showing signs of being a legitimate star for for years to come. For **** and giggles what could Benn bring in return?

**** Kaberle!
You are WAY OVERRATING Benn! WAY!

I would not even trade Kaberle for him.

T M L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 08:06 PM
Beleafer4

Kulemin is on pace to put up 30... Not saying he will but he will at least get high 20's, like Neal did last year. Neal has been defined as a powerforward but from what I see, he is softening up a little bit- Kuleimin is just as tough.
Imo
Neal is a similar player to Kulemin. (value wise)
However kulemin plays with Grabovski and Neal plays with Richards...
And I would NOT trade Schenn for kulemin. Therefore you are not getting Neal for Schenn. Let alone Schenn plus Reimer

Schenn for Benn... closer, still wouldnt do it.

However I would consider Kadri + Rynnas for Neal/Benn just because both are not sure things

Beleafer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 08:38 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beleafer4 View Post
Kulemin is on pace to put up 30... Not saying he will but he will at least get high 20's, like Neal did last year. Neal has been defined as a powerforward but from what I see, he is softening up a little bit- Kuleimin is just as tough.
Imo
Neal is a similar player to Kulemin. (value wise)
However kulemin plays with Grabovski and Neal plays with Richards...
And I would NOT trade Schenn for kulemin. Therefore you are not getting Neal for Schenn. Let alone Schenn plus Reimer

Schenn for Benn... closer, still wouldnt do it.

However I would consider Kadri + Rynnas for Neal/Benn just because both are not sure things

Not one Stars fan expressed any interest whatsoever in acquiring a goalie from Toronto.

Especially at the price of our best wingers.

The proposal you are referring to was thought up by a Leafs fan anyways, and I'm thinking he's unfamiliar with Dallas's goalie prospects or the fact that both of our pro goalies are having a great season.

And Kadri/Rynnas for one of Neal or Benn?

Come on!

You would "consider" it? Burke would be all over that if Nieuwendyk ever made the offer. No question about it.

Old
01-18-2011, 08:46 PM
iceless
-`ღ´-

Quote:

I don't understand the humour here. Letang and Eriksson have similar value to their respective teams, and thus should be valued about the same (in trade talks). If anything, Letang has the slight edge as he's a young, mobile, offensive d-man (which are in high demand these days).

iceless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 10:32 PM
Beleafer4

Quote:

Not one Stars fan expressed any interest whatsoever in acquiring a goalie from Toronto.

Especially at the price of our best wingers.

The proposal you are referring to was thought up by a Leafs fan anyways, and I'm thinking he's unfamiliar with Dallas's goalie prospects or the fact that both of our pro goalies are having a great season.

And Kadri/Rynnas for one of Neal or Benn?

Come on!

You would "consider" it? Burke would be all over that if Nieuwendyk ever made the offer. No question about it.
Lol I just said consider to make it seem like it's fair value.

And yes someone in this forum did suggest schenn and reimer for Neal and I doubt is was a leafs fan( we want to rip others off, not get ripped off)

Old
01-18-2011, 10:34 PM
Beleafer4

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque View Post
I don't understand the humour here. Letang and Eriksson have similar value to their respective teams, and thus should be valued about the same (in trade talks). If anything, Letang has the slight edge as he's a young, mobile, offensive d-man (which are in high demand these days).
Yea... I don't get why Dallas is laughing so much. They might be looking for some one more proven?

Old
01-18-2011, 10:58 PM
catters078

Quote:
Originally Posted by T M L View Post

Umm hes not actually

have you seen his play this year? you would be stupid not to trade kaberle for Benn if that was ever offered.

hes 21, hes big, hits, fights and is a great skater, has a wicked wrist shot and is a solid puck handler. And he isnt even near his peak. Kaberle has what, two good years left, before he starts to decline?

benn is on the first pairing for every Dallas penalty kill and is dangerous by scoring shorties...An all round package in only year two of a great career.

If Dallas traded Benn for Kaberle i would be shattered, benn will be an absolute star in the league..

catters078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 11:17 PM
Biz Nasty
Cooke 4 Lady Byng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beleafer4 View Post
Yea... I don't get why Dallas is laughing so much. They might be looking for some one more proven?
Spend some time around here long enough and you'll learn that apparently every trade offer in the NHL involves "GM A calling GM B with Offer X and GM B laughing hysterically before hanging up on GM A"...I need a little more humor in my professional life, I guess I should've been an NHL Executive because all you do is laugh all day, apparently.

In any event, despite the petty back and forth, a deal around Goligoski for Benn/Neal with tweaking makes sense. Letang is a very young Norris candidate that is only getting better...young wingers come and go, #1 Defensemen don't. Neal/Benn/Ericsson are all nice young players with 30 goal potential...that's nice, we'd love to say we have one of those right now...but when talking about trading Letang, which won't happen, we better be talking about a guy that is more like 40+ goal potential. Maybe Ericsson has that type of ceiling, but that isn't a deal that helps Dallas...so there ends the Letang talk.

Everyone wants to propose a deal that greatly benefits their own team while not giving up anything of value, while summarily laughing off any deal that hints at making sense. Welcome to HFBoards.

Biz Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 11:27 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biz Nasty View Post
Spend some time around here long enough and you'll learn that apparently every trade offer in the NHL involves "GM A calling GM B with Offer X and GM B laughing hysterically before hanging up on GM A"...I need a little more humor in my professional life, I guess I should've been an NHL Executive because all you do is laugh all day, apparently.

In any event, despite the petty back and forth, a deal around Goligoski for Benn/Neal with tweaking makes sense. Letang is a very young Norris candidate that is only getting better...young wingers come and go, #1 Defensemen don't. Neal/Benn/Ericsson are all nice young players with 30 goal potential...that's nice, we'd love to say we have one of those right now...but when talking about trading Letang, which won't happen, we better be talking about a guy that is more like 40+ goal potential. Maybe Ericsson has that type of ceiling, but that isn't a deal that helps Dallas...so there ends the Letang talk.

Everyone wants to propose a deal that greatly benefits their own team while not giving up anything of value, while summarily laughing off any deal that hints at making sense. Welcome to HFBoards.
I'll assume that last comment was directed at me, so I'll respond.

Trading Loui Eriksson does not make sense for the Stars.

That's why I laughed.

Nothing against Letang, but Eriksson's staying right where he is. Pens fans seem to think the same of Letang, so let's leave it at that.

Man, these Pens-Stars proposals always end the same way, don't they?

Old
01-18-2011, 11:29 PM
NYR Viper

How about something like:

Del Zotto + for Benn/Neal? Not sure what the plus would have to be but it would solve Dallas' PP QB issues for the foreseeable future.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 11:36 PM
vofty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post

Del Zotto + for Benn/Neal? Not sure what the plus would have to be but it would solve Dallas' PP QB issues for the foreseeable future.
Dallas doesn't currently have a PPQB issue, in fact they have probably the best PPQB in the league in Brad Richards. Whether or not the same can be said next year is up in the air, but at the moment the Stars do not need a PPQB.

Quote:

That's why I laughed.

Nothing against Letang, but Eriksson's staying right where he is. Pens fans seem to think the same of Letang, so let's leave it at that.

Yes they do, and yet remarkably they won't go away or die.

vofty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 11:42 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:

That's why I laughed.

The slightest comment of "my player is better than yours" usually gets both fanbases fired up.

I wouldn't trade Eriksson for Letang either. Loui is Dallas' slight less versatile version of Henrik Zetterberg. His numbers have done nothing but gone up since he broke into the league and his offensive and defensive prowness is just a treat to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post

This is interesting. Didn't Del Zotto just get demoted?

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 12:34 AM
Richter35

del zotto?

nvm, beat to it. Rangers assets are young D, prob not willing to move krieder at this moment nor dubinsky/callahan.

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 01:09 AM
Brand New Stars

Quote:

You are WAY OVERRATING Kaberle!

I'd bet my life over 2/3 of NHL teams would take Benn over Kaberle and the only teams that would take Kaberle would be because of the glaring need for a PMD and they have a bunch of good wingers.

Brand New Stars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 01:57 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote