HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

#1B Defenseman OR A Shutdown Partner for Myers to Buffalo

Old
01-17-2011, 06:08 PM
Tra La La

vCash: 500
If he could take the stay at home role. And were available? Del Zotto would be nice partner for Myers. But he's a get involved D to. (The Skill set is perfect though)

Tra La La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 06:16 PM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Let's be clear for a second. I said 18+ ES minutes, not counting special teams minutes. He'd play a solid 24 minutes a night in Buffalo at least.
Joni logs:

19:43 ESTOI/G, 4th highest in the league behind Boyle, Chara, and Keith.
25:31 TTOI/G, 7th highest in the league behind M. Staal, M. Green, Bouwmeester, Chara, Keith, and Boyle

Pitkanen is actually 18th in PPTOI/G among defensemen, much less all players, like the 2 categories above. however, not even in the top 120 for SHTOI/G among defensemen

Anton Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 07:38 PM
Rowley Birkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Skinner View Post
well I didnt look closely at the guy you mentioned's requirements, but I did see something in the OP about a PMD. Yeha, Joni is definitely NOT a shutdown defenseman. he has great puck skills, for sure. i doubt if Buff were to actually trade for Pitkanen that he would be on the 2nd pairing logging 18 mins a night when he has the ability to be top pairing, #1PP QB and eat 25-30 mins a night. so may not be a good fit. im just tryin to find a plausible way to pry Stafford from Buffalo lol

Well that is why I put ONLY if they both resign in their respective clubs (Staff is an RFA at seasons' end, Joni a UFA). If Joni could go in and be resigned for 3-5 right off the bat, and Staff got a 3 year extension from JR over the summer (JR doesnt do contract negotiation during the season) then it would be a nice trade.

And yeah, Gleason has been one of our most consistent defenseman since he came over from LA in the Jack Johnson trade. and last year and this year so far has been the MOST consistent and reliable. He does have an off game once in a while, but for the most part, is pretty reliable. I dont see any way JR lets him get away. I see 4-5 years for Gleason.
For some reason I thought that Pitkanen was RFA and not UFA. That would change things as he would unlikely sign for the Sabres. He is still a better player than Stafford though hands down, if you would ever be able to compare them.

I still am hoping they can somehow sign Ehrhoff if he makes it to FA. Offer him top dollar for a decent term. Trade Monty for a pick and eventually Butler for whatever. Next year top 6 of Ehrhoff, Myers, Sekera, Leopold, Weber and Morrisonn would look very solid, with a couple of young guns ready to step in if need be.

To be honest I'm far more worried about the top six than any other area of the team.

Rowley Birkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 08:24 PM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

^ that is why I said IF they both resign. If not, then neither side will do it.

Anton Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 01:50 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Jackets fans, even though Hejda might not have the wheels of someone like Tallinder, does he at least have a good breakout pass? I'd be fine with Myers having a more stay at home partner, so long as it wouldn't let the opposition tilt the ice.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:21 AM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Imagine a Chara-Myers pairing, maybe we will to see it i the All-Star game a couple years from now....

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 04:35 PM
REALTALK81
Pro Log Driver

You would think Buffalo would go hard after Schenn as Myers & Schenn were the shutdown tandem for the Rockets. They would have to pay through the nostrils though so it would never happen. Ennis + would likely be the asking price.

REALTALK81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 06:24 PM
FlamesFan18

TAKE Bouwmeester from us hahaha. Give us Getzlaf, I pray to god Sutter gets a job with an all star team and trades us his best players for our worst.

FlamesFan18 is offline   Reply With Quote