HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan Johansen

Old
01-17-2011, 11:03 PM
Pyke*

vCash: 500
Ryan Johansen

Is he acquirable (at a reasonable price)? Or has Columbus penciled him in to be the #1 center they've been lacking for so long that he's virtually untouchable?

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:09 PM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
Is he acquirable (at a reasonable price)? Or has Columbus penciled him in to be the #1 center they've been lacking for so long that he's virtually untouchable?
Virtually untouchable.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:11 PM
JSC
Registered Sniper

I'd give up EDM 1st 2011+ for him, though CLB is probably not intereseted in that...

JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:25 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvirk View Post
I'd give up EDM 1st 2011+ for him, though CLB is probably not intereseted in that...
Yea thats not even close to what it would take. Untouchable.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 01:13 AM
ruski17

Well, if NHL 11 is as realistic as people make it seem, I got him for Roloson, then got Garon off waivers and got Runblad.

ruski17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 08:10 AM
BJFan1

Virtually untouchable... but for an established #1 Center for Nash that is ready to go now... I could see a trade happening.

BJFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 08:29 AM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski17 View Post
Well, if NHL 11 is as realistic as people make it seem, I got him for Roloson, then got Garon off waivers and got Runblad.
And I got Markov and a 2nd for Commodore.

cydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 02:36 PM
ruski17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cydawg View Post
And I got Markov and a 2nd for Commodore.
How about Mottau and Grabner for Coburn?

ruski17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 02:39 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Theoretically yes, and one could come up with scenarios in which it could happen, but practically speaking, don't bother to advance proposals 'cause you won't like the answers.

Or, put differently.. is Rundblad acquirable? Not a straight-up proposal, just a thought exercise.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 02:39 PM
PeakOil
Loyal To The Oil

Columbus wanted Eberle for him in the summer.

PeakOil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 02:44 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Theoretically yes, and one could come up with scenarios in which it could happen, but practically speaking, don't bother to advance proposals 'cause you won't like the answers.

Or, put differently.. is Rundblad acquirable? Not a straight-up proposal, just a thought exercise.
Is Rundblad acquirable? Yes. If it's to acquire someone as we project as a top center, then absolutely.

Is he dealt for scraps? No.

It's all relative. Part of the problem on HF Boards is the moment you say, "Yeah, for the right price, I'd be willing to part with X" it's as though people think you don't value the player. I really like Rundblad, but if we had to give to get, he'd be the piece most logical to give up (Cowen fits nicely with Karlsson, and Rundblad projects to be as good, but we need top end offensive prospects so...)

Old
01-18-2011, 03:00 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Is Rundblad acquirable? Yes. If it's to acquire someone as we project as a top center, then absolutely.

Is he dealt for scraps? No.

It's all relative. Part of the problem on HF Boards is the moment you say, "Yeah, for the right price, I'd be willing to part with X" it's as though people think you don't value the player. I really like Rundblad, but if we had to give to get, he'd be the piece most logical to give up (Cowen fits nicely with Karlsson, and Rundblad projects to be as good, but we need top end offensive prospects so...)
The situation with us and Johansen is pretty similar, only what we need is something Ottawa - or most any other team, for that matter - presently does not have to spare (a top-pairing PMD). Prospect depth is OK at the moment, but our blueline is suffering.

So Johansen might be acquirable... but probably not by Ottawa.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:04 PM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
The situation with us and Johansen is pretty similar, only what we need is something Ottawa - or most any other team, for that matter - presently does not have to spare (a top-pairing PMD). Prospect depth is OK at the moment, but our blueline is suffering.

So Johansen might be acquirable... but probably not by Ottawa.
Well doesn't Rundblad project to be a top pairing PMD? I mean, he's currently leading the SEL in points from the blue line, so I'm not entirely clear how that deal doesn't make sense from a hockey stand point.

Rundblad was traded for the 17th overall pick last year, and in the intravening time his value has gone nowhere but up (given his pure domination of the SEL this year). I'm not sure Johansen for Rundblad doesn't make sense if that is really the need of the blue jackets...

But I feel like Johansen is untouchable on the grounds that they hope he can be the #1 C that has been missing for so long.

Old
01-18-2011, 03:09 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan1 View Post
Virtually untouchable... but for an established #1 Center for Nash that is ready to go now... I could see a trade happening.
Spezza. Plays best when he's the 3rd best individual player on his line...despite what outsiders think...his overall game is actually the best it's ever been. I'm not well versed on Voracek but developing still...

Nash has always needed a center...and Spezza is best used alongside a high scoring LW.

Didn't these two play together at the WC before and catch fire? I can't remember.

Before Sens fans harp I'll mention it would be a bold directional move by Melnyk to sway this team in the direction of a major rebuild. A Spezza trade would mark starting over for Ottawa...but that kind of decision would require a future top line center coming back....and the hype around Johansen may warrant that type of projection.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 03:16 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Every player should be available for the right offer. What's your version of reasonable?

While Columbus needs a Puck moving defenseman, Columbus doesn't need pmd prospects. The Blue Jackets have a number of them in the system: Moore, Savard, Goloubef and Clitsome. Columbus needs a Puck moving defenseman on this year's roster.
Columbus's prospect pool is thinnest at center. It would take a compelling offer to get Johansen.

Last edited by TaketheCannoli: 01-18-2011 at 03:24 PM.
TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 04:37 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Johansen looks to be our future #1 C. If I were Ottawa, I'd just aim for Ryan Nugent-Hopkins in this year's draft. You guys may end up with a high enough pick and he's a big center that you could induct into your franchise.

Johansen is obtainable, but considering Howson asked for Eberle straight up for Johansen, I'd venture to guess that the asking price is a high end PMD prospect and your 1st 2011 so that the Jackets may attempt to draft RNH. Like I said, Ottawa's better off just using its draft pick to select a forward and keeping its prospects.

Last edited by Crede777: 01-18-2011 at 04:55 PM.
Crede777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 06:24 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

personally i don't see a reason for the blue jackets to trade him. if they wanted a high end PMD prospect they would have drafted fowler or gormley instead. IMO it would take a similar Centre prospect+, which is a non-starter for a deal.

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 06:27 PM
Thorntonfan97
Josť Bautista-20 HR

Send a message via MSN to Thorntonfan97 Send a message via Yahoo to Thorntonfan97
Virtually untocuhable
maybe unless for another elite prospect like Fowler

Thorntonfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote