HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston-Calgary

Old
01-18-2011, 07:44 PM
SlickM32

vCash: 500
Boston-Calgary

to Boston:
Jarome Iginla
Alex Tanguay

to Calgary
Marc Savard
Michael Ryder
Zach Hamill
Jamie Arniel
Andrew Bodnarchuk
2011 1st round pick
2011 2nd round pick

Boston acquires a power forward, who while is on the decline, his contract matches up nicely in terms of only 3 more years, when Seguin's deal will be up. Tanguay is a solid player who can help down the stretch.

In terms of value, the 2nd is basically fair value for Tanguay. Ryder is purely a salary dump in this deal, although he is on pace for around 25 and 50. Savard has played in Calgary before, and there is a chance he'd waive his NTC to go there. While people worry about his concussion issues, you have to remember it usually takes guys about a full season to recover after such serious injuries. His cap hit is also only 4 million, think about how many stiffs make around that or much more. Even if he returns as a 15-20 goal, 50-60 assist guy he is worth 4 million per. Hamill, some consider a bust, but the former 8th overall pick has 24 points in 31 games for Providence with 21 assists. Kid is showing well in playmaking ability and is pretty much NHL ready. Bodnarchuk is a good defenseman who again is close to NHL ready. Arniel is a gritty winger who can score as well. Some good building blocks for the Flames with Backlund.

I know Jerome has "intangible" value to the Flames, but remember he is not 27 anymore.

SlickM32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 07:47 PM
Da Kozak

that's quite a lot to give up. if I were Calgary I might be tempted to take this deal.

Da Kozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 07:49 PM
Flamesjustwin

vCash: 463
Counter offer

Tanguay and Iginla for Krejci, Ryder (salary dump) and Toronto's first.

Flamesjustwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 07:52 PM
BurnEmUp

It's decent value, my only problem with it is this:

Two different directions are being taken with that trade. We are signaling a huge rebuild by trading Jarome Iginla and adding all those young pieces, but at the same time we are adding a 33 year old center who's signed until 40.

In a re-build scenario, I'd rather have Krejci, and then maybe take a piece or two out of the return.

BurnEmUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 07:53 PM
Ivyy13
Resu Deretsiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesjustwin View Post
Counter offer

No.

Ivyy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 07:54 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Counter offer

God no.

The Toronto first doesn't enter the conversation unless there's another team out there offering a top 5-10 pick, and I honestly doubt that.

Krejci is a fine starting point, but he goes a long in way in making this a realistic deal. Keep Tanguay, Boston neither wants nor needs him, remove the Toronto first and add the Bruins first.

Krejci + Boston 1st for Iginla is a solid foundation.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Flamesjustwin

vCash: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
God no.

The Toronto first doesn't enter the conversation unless there's another team out there offering a top 5-10 pick, and I honestly doubt that.

Krejci is a fine starting point, but he goes a long in way in making this a realistic deal. Keep Tanguay, Boston neither wants nor needs him, remove the Toronto first and add the Bruins first.

Krejci + Boston 1st for Iginla is a solid foundation.
Pass, not enough, you can keep Krejci then.

Flamesjustwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 08:07 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Counter offer

Swing and a miss

dredeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 08:08 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
and you can keep Iggy

Old
01-18-2011, 08:08 PM
HemskyToHall*

replace Andrew Bodnarchuk with Colbourne or Caron and then flames will do it.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 08:09 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
I'll alert NHL front office the trade has fallen through.

You'll be saying not enough regardless of the other pieces if the Tor 1st isn't involved. Which is fine, if that's what you feel it will take to land Iginla you're more then entitled to your opinion. Just be prepared to be disappointed if they ever do deal him.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 08:09 PM
Mark Stuart*

Seems like too much going to Calgary... IN terms of contracts, not quality. I'd take out Tanguay, and start with BOS 1st, Colborne, and then add salary to even it out

Mark Stuart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 08:11 PM
MaritimeHockeyNut
BRUINSrCHAMPS nextyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickM32 View Post
to Boston:
Jarome Iginla
Alex Tanguay

to Calgary
Marc Savard
Michael Ryder
Zach Hamill
Jamie Arniel
Andrew Bodnarchuk
2011 1st round pick
2011 2nd round pick
That a huge amount of prospects most upper mid-level for Iginla, but boston would be something after this trade. So I see Boston doing this, as for Calgary... If they are going into rebuilding mode, nice way to catch up on 2 years of it.

MaritimeHockeyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 08:14 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickM32 View Post
to Boston:
Jarome Iginla
Alex Tanguay

to Calgary
Marc Savard
Michael Ryder
Zach Hamill
Jamie Arniel
Andrew Bodnarchuk
2011 1st round pick
2011 2nd round pick

Boston acquires a power forward, who while is on the decline, his contract matches up nicely in terms of only 3 more years, when Seguin's deal will be up. Tanguay is a solid player who can help down the stretch.

In terms of value, the 2nd is basically fair value for Tanguay. Ryder is purely a salary dump in this deal, although he is on pace for around 25 and 50. Savard has played in Calgary before, and there is a chance he'd waive his NTC to go there. While people worry about his concussion issues, you have to remember it usually takes guys about a full season to recover after such serious injuries. His cap hit is also only 4 million, think about how many stiffs make around that or much more. Even if he returns as a 15-20 goal, 50-60 assist guy he is worth 4 million per. Hamill, some consider a bust, but the former 8th overall pick has 24 points in 31 games for Providence with 21 assists. Kid is showing well in playmaking ability and is pretty much NHL ready. Bodnarchuk is a good defenseman who again is close to NHL ready. Arniel is a gritty winger who can score as well. Some good building blocks for the Flames with Backlund.

I know Jerome has "intangible" value to the Flames, but remember he is not 27 anymore.
This proposal is too big. Again, we're looking for quality as well, not just quanity. Reduce half that package and include TO's first. Then we'll talk.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 08:23 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
This proposal is too big. Again, we're looking for quality as well, not just quanity. Reduce half that package and include TO's first. Then we'll talk.
No we won't

Old
01-18-2011, 08:25 PM
8BostonRocker24

Are Calgary fans going to be this year's Edmonton fans?

Last year Edmonton fans tried over and over again to trade for Toronto's 2010 pick. Granted this thread was started by a Boston fan, but it didn't take long for Calgary fans to bring up Toronto's pick.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 08:37 PM
Kritty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaritimeHockeyNut View Post
That a huge amount of prospects most upper mid-level for Iginla, but boston would be something after this trade. So I see Boston doing this, as for Calgary... If they are going into rebuilding mode, nice way to catch up on 2 years of it.
Hamill, Arniel and Bodnarchuk are upper mid-level prospects? They are average prospects at best that will be 3rd liners, but Calgary should jump to deal a perennial 30 goal man on a weak offensive team for that? Sure, why not.

People just don't seem to want to get this about Iginla. Feaster doesn't want to trade him and only will if the deal makes complete sense. So all these "fair value" offers are a waste of time. Krejci and a top 5-10 pick isn't worth Iginla? Yikes, I feel for Bruins fans that believe that to be true. What's Krejci doing again?

Kritty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 08:44 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
No we won't
Yes, we will.

Calgary is in the driver's seat when it comes to dealing Iginla. We're in no rush to do so. Feaster will wait for the best offer if he's considering trading the face of the franchise.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 08:47 PM
SaintMorose

vCash: 134
Savard
Ryder / Ference
Colbourne
TOR 1st + BOS 1st 11

Iggy
Tangs / Babchuck
CAL 1st

doing this assuming TOR is 2+ spots below Calgary at the deadline and not looking like they will close the gap

Last edited by SaintMorose: 01-18-2011 at 08:55 PM. Reason: try a new take on the first rnd picks
SaintMorose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 08:58 PM
MaritimeHockeyNut
BRUINSrCHAMPS nextyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritty View Post
Hamill, Arniel and Bodnarchuk are upper mid-level prospects? They are average prospects at best that will be 3rd liners, but Calgary should jump to deal a perennial 30 goal man on a weak offensive team for that? Sure, why not.

People just don't seem to want to get this about Iginla. Feaster doesn't want to trade him and only will if the deal makes complete sense. So all these "fair value" offers are a waste of time. Krejci and a top 5-10 pick isn't worth Iginla? Yikes, I feel for Bruins fans that believe that to be true. What's Krejci doing again?
LOL yes upper mid-level propects. They are 3 of the top 10 prospects boston has not currently playing in the NHL, in a system thats rated 7th overall for organizational contracted prospects. Do your research before you open your mouth.

But I do agree with you in that Calgary holds all the cards here.

MaritimeHockeyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 09:07 PM
Lunatik*

hell no to the OP... if we want Savard it would be to play with Iginla

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 09:08 PM
HarrySPlinkett
Not a film critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintMorose View Post
Savard
Ryder / Ference
Colbourne
TOR 1st + BOS 1st 11

Iggy
Tangs / Babchuck
CAL 1st

doing this assuming TOR is 2+ spots below Calgary at the deadline and not looking like they will close the gap
That's oddly tempting. It feels wrong, but I think that might get it done.

HarrySPlinkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 09:08 PM
oilinblood

vCash: 553
If i am the flames i trade iginla only for a top prospect and pick. its not like i have to rush to move a sniper with 2 more contracted years.

im no flames fan but id play the field.
offer
tanguay, Iggy to Bos for Seguin Colborne and THEIR first..if the answer is no tell them you will call PITTS next (if pitts gets those two just hand sid the cup and stop playing) and WSH and maybe PHI/Tbay.
of course with cap it would turn into

tangs iggy to bs for seguin solborne ryder and bos 1st
One team in the east will be stacked by days end.

Last edited by oilinblood: 01-18-2011 at 09:23 PM.
oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 09:25 PM
oilinblood

vCash: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintMorose View Post
Savard
Ryder / Ference
Colbourne
TOR 1st + BOS 1st 11

Iggy
Tangs / Babchuck
CAL 1st

So you want to do a half rebuild? whats the point? Why do you want savard?

calgary gets rid of Iginla and Tanguay... instant plummet in standings. I doubt you win 1 of your last 15. Savard is the wild card. i dont think hed have an impact that fast. if this happened cal pick ends up at 1 or 2.

actually yeah do this, stay away from a full rebuild. half measures are best. get savards contract in there. dish out your pick along with your best player. Lets not even think about how savard wanted out of calgary in the first place. *shifty eyes*

Last edited by oilinblood: 01-18-2011 at 09:34 PM.
oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 09:38 PM
SaintMorose

vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
So you want to do a half rebuild? whats the point? Why do you want savard?

calgary gets rid of Iginla and Tanguay... instant plummet in standings. I doubt you win 1 of your last 15. Savard is the wild card. i dont think hed have an impact that fast. if this happened cal pick ends up at 1 or 2.
Savard is pure salary. Doesn't make any sense for Calgary to have him. nor does it make sense for Boston to ditch Savard with Iggy needing to waive his NTC coming to town...

I'd rather do something around Horton+Ryder+Ference but Boston fans may want to keep Horton over Savard so meh.

and yeah we'd probably need a lottery pick protection if the CAL pick drops into the top 4.

SaintMorose is offline   Reply With Quote