HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Potential moves by THE rival team?

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2005, 06:39 PM
Evil Sather
YOU KILL THE JOE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYIsles1
Lou Lamiorello will continue to own Milbury and Sather while constructing the better teams under any circumstances.
Lou's getting up there in age... I think Milbury has better upside.

Old
07-02-2005, 06:54 PM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by crump
I know I was just being a horses behind...I am sorry...Kovalev's a top talent. The point is they need to replace him and is Koivu really a #1? I think the Habs will be out to get someone with a big name and I don't mean big like "Ponikarovsky".
koivu is a fine #1 center !

Old
07-02-2005, 07:01 PM
ShippinItDaily

Send a message via MSN to ShippinItDaily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Sather
Lou's getting up there in age... I think Milbury has better upside.
Hahahahhaahha

That is great!

Old
07-02-2005, 11:39 PM
Large_Farva*

Send a message via MSN to Large_Farva*
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYIsles1
Lou Lamiorello will continue to own Milbury and Sather while constructing the better teams under any circumstances.
Let's see how Lou's team will do with no Red Line.

Old
07-02-2005, 11:51 PM
zamboni

Quote:
Edmonton needs grit and veteran leadership.
Um, no we don't need more grit, we need more skill. Young Hemsky can't do all the dangling himself.

As for Calgary, I don't see them doing anything, except maybe adding a backup now that Turek is gone.

Old
07-03-2005, 12:12 AM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboni
Um, no we don't need more grit, we need more skill. Young Hemsky can't do all the dangling himself.

As for Calgary, I don't see them doing anything, except maybe adding a backup now that Turek is gone.
Actually the way I see it the Flames need some scoring on the LW. They lost Deano and Sappy. I know they added Simon, Wiemer (possible LW) and Nilson (possible LW) BUT there is always the questionable health of Rhino and than whats left after that for the left side? Even the center spot is lacking as well. The Flames have solid depth for the #3-4 lines upfront and a #1 line of talent that they haven't had in years (Rhino - Langkow - Iginla) but I would not want to put the #2 scoring in the hands of such youth (Lombardi - his health and Kobasew - still unsure). Adding a veteran in the middle such as Holik (if cheap enough) or a LW (same thign as Holik but in this case Leclair) would make the Flames a much stronger team IMO.

Old
07-03-2005, 09:59 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Habs ... gloat about their prospects depth and then attempt to trade a package of 10 of them for Crosby.

See other threads for proof ..

Last edited by Mess: 07-03-2005 at 10:08 PM.
Old
07-03-2005, 10:24 PM
acr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
Habs ... gloat about their prospects depth and then attempt to trade a package of 10 of them for Crosby.

Those same rumors want them to trade Theo too. Crosby or not, Cristobal Ooo-Ay ain't gonna lead you to the playoffs.

Old
07-04-2005, 12:33 AM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger

You forgot to underline/bold/resize to prove your point!

Old
07-04-2005, 12:52 AM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

The Kings will sign Glen Murray, but lose Ziggy Palffy. Palffy will stun people by only missing a maximum of 20 games, which is a fair bit to miss, but in Palffy's case, it's a pretty good year for him. Ironically, that's how many games Murray will play.

Seriously, I see Palffy going elsewhere, while they bring in Murray. I don't know about these Pronger rumors, although that could happen too.

Old
07-04-2005, 01:21 AM
JSmith81x
Your weapon is guilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
He had crap??? ummmm.... so you consider guys like Sullivan, Daze, Amonte, Gilmour, Nylander, Fleury and to a lesser extend a young Calder, Dumont, Bell, Arnason, Ruutu. Those are just some of the names and IMO there is some solid talent around him for those years.
He rarely -- if ever -- played at even-strength w/ Sullivan, Nylander, Dumont, Arnason, Bell, or Ruutu. Daze never seemed to play well w/ Zhamnov. Gilmour played on Zhamnov's line only for a little while, and I can't remember how much he played w/ Fleury. It was mostly Zhamnov and Amonte w/ a rotating cast of left wingers (Ulf Dahlen, Jean-Yves Leroux, Ed Olczyk, Michal Grosek, Valeri Zelepukin) until Kyle Calder's breakout season in 2001-02. The Blackhawks have been lacking a top-line left winger since Al Second left 20 years ago. [sigh]

Old
07-04-2005, 01:27 AM
hockeynut11

The Avs will have to do a lot within their own organization before they can go out into the free agency pool. But after they've done their restructuring they will probably add a backup and maybe some depth for the 3rd or 4th line.

Calgary may add a top 6 forward and a backup.

Old
07-04-2005, 09:29 AM
Liquidrage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large_Farva
Let's see how Lou's team will do with no Red Line.
I think the better question is lets see how his team does with a below average blueline unit.

If Niedermayer goes, with some huge question marks around Stevens, with the potential to lose Rafalski, this could be a bad Devils team. Not to mention Elias is going to miss some time.

They're looking at a Top Pairing of Collin White and Paul Martin. Without quality depth to back them up.
That's not just a "blah" defensive group, that's a outright bad one.

Of course, they'll probably sign another guy or two, but they'll still have a huge dropoff in talent back there.

Old
07-04-2005, 09:57 AM
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.

The Leafs will:

ask all of their players to restructure their contracts and because they all love Toronto more than the game itself they will agree.
This will allow Toronto to buy any free agents they want as those players will also accept far less to play in the T-dot.

Toronto will then bid to buy out the Stanley Cup and as per the new CBA will wait one year to bring it to Toronto.

Old
07-04-2005, 04:36 PM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by acr
The Habs will probably resign Kovalev or a guy like him, maybe get a defensemen and some depth guys, but I can't see them drasticaly improving. They'll still probably make the playoffs as a 5-8 seed(depending on how everyone else does, specifically Toronto and Ottawa with their goalie questions. Ottawa not having one and Toronto possibly buying out Belfour)
Hasek is coming back, and even if he doesnt Prusek is an upgrade on Lalime.

Ottawa wont have any money to add anyone unless they buy out Devries or Smolinski. They will likely have the exact same team as when the lockout started with Hasek in nets and without Bondra and Bonk.

Old
07-04-2005, 04:50 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidrage
I think the better question is lets see how his team does with a below average blueline unit.

If Niedermayer goes, with some huge question marks around Stevens, with the potential to lose Rafalski, this could be a bad Devils team. Not to mention Elias is going to miss some time.

They're looking at a Top Pairing of Collin White and Paul Martin. Without quality depth to back them up.
That's not just a "blah" defensive group, that's a outright bad one.

Of course, they'll probably sign another guy or two, but they'll still have a huge dropoff in talent back there.
So you think they gonna let go Nieds/Rafalski ? I think they gonna cut up front ( kozlov/friesen ) to affrod them .. at least they should

Closed Thread