HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston-Calgary

Old
01-18-2011, 09:47 PM
Noori

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
Are Calgary fans going to be this year's Edmonton fans?

Last year Edmonton fans tried over and over again to trade for Toronto's 2010 pick. Granted this thread was started by a Boston fan, but it didn't take long for Calgary fans to bring up Toronto's pick.
Edmonton had nothing close to the value of Iginla on their roster last year. You'll have to excuse us for not wanting to give up the face of our franchise for bits and pieces.

A deal with Boston that doesn't include TO's 1st or Colborne is a non-starter.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 09:56 PM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Highlander View Post
Edmonton had nothing close to the value of Iginla on their roster last year. You'll have to excuse us for not wanting to give up the face of our franchise for bits and pieces.

Really? What other team with a top 5-10 pick would realistically be interested?

Just because Boston has it, doesn't mean it will have to be the key piece to any deal which is the way some people treat it. A top 5 pick is just as important to a competitive "going for it" team as it is a rebuilding team imo. Any cheap high end talent you can add extends that window to win, and gives you more flexibility on your roster.

Starting with Colborne makes sense imo, but why you wouldn't ask for Krejci in his stead I don't know. He makes far more sense for your team, is a far surer bet, and steps in right away to become your number 1 center, at a cost effective salary. Colborne is very much a work in progress.

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 10:28 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 50
I agree with Krejci being added over TO's pick to an extent. This is a weaker draft, there is no Hall or Stamkos in it. Aquiring Colborne and Krejci back in the same deal for Iginla would be a decent return. I think this would be a total fair deal and one that I would do. This would still give Calgary 2 x 1st round picks in next years draft, possibly they could trade one to move up in the draft if there was someone that they really wanted.

To Boston:
Iggy

To Calgary:
Krejci
Colborne
Bostons 1st.

Some other salary would need to be added to make this work, but Calgary would probably have to send something to Boston to balance out the contracts as well.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 10:29 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:

There is a huge difference between the TO 1st and Colborne. You can easily start a proposal with Colborne just leave TO's first out of it.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 10:30 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I agree with Krejci being added over TO's pick to an extent. This is a weaker draft, there is no Hall or Stamkos in it. Aquiring Colborne and Krejci back in the same deal for Iginla would be a decent return. I think this would be a total fair deal and one that I would do. This would still give Calgary 2 x 1st round picks in next years draft, possibly they could trade one to move up in the draft if there was someone that they really wanted.

To Boston:
Iggy

To Calgary:
Krejci
Colborne
Bostons 1st.

Some other salary would need to be added to make this work, but Calgary would probably have to send something to Boston to balance out the contracts as well.
Why would Calgary be adding salary? The B's can't take on that kind of cap.

Old
01-18-2011, 10:31 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
Yes, we will.

Calgary is in the driver's seat when it comes to dealing Iginla. We're in no rush to do so. Feaster will wait for the best offer if he's considering trading the face of the franchise.
I'm a B's fan not a flames fan. I was responding to the fact we won't be adding TO's pick in any trade.

Old
01-18-2011, 10:33 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Why would Calgary be adding salary? The B's can't take on that kind of cap.
I was meaning Boston would have to add salary to make this work.

Old
01-18-2011, 10:33 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintMorose View Post
Savard
Ryder / Ference
Colbourne
TOR 1st + BOS 1st 11

Iggy
Tangs / Babchuck
CAL 1st

doing this assuming TOR is 2+ spots below Calgary at the deadline and not looking like they will close the gap
A big no to this.

Old
01-19-2011, 12:01 AM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:

btw. how's Abbotsford working out, CH, considering it's closer to Vancouver

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 12:10 AM
DropIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
Are Calgary fans going to be this year's Edmonton fans?

Last year Edmonton fans tried over and over again to trade for Toronto's 2010 pick. Granted this thread was started by a Boston fan, but it didn't take long for Calgary fans to bring up Toronto's pick.
Absolutely not. We are in no rush to deal Iginla. He has earned a lifetime conteact in Calgary, and if he wants a cup we will move him to a team in a netter position to win one. If Boston wants Iginla, they will have to bid for him, as they are more in need to add an elite player like Iginla then Calgary is to aquire a weak 1st rounder and an over rated Colburne in addition to your mediocre junk

DropIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 12:13 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
I was meaning Boston would have to add salary to make this work.
my bad but still doesn't happen

Old
01-19-2011, 12:27 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Would Boston accept a trade for Iggy, that had TO's 1st going back the other way along with Colborne and Ryder?

Old
01-19-2011, 12:45 AM
BurnEmUp

The more I think about it, any trade involving Iggy going to Boston must include Krejci and Toronto's 1st rounder.

If that is unacceptable, then if it were up to me, we don't trade Iginla to Boston.

BurnEmUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 01:50 AM
Noori

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Really? What other team with a top 5-10 pick would realistically be interested?

Just because Boston has it, doesn't mean it will have to be the key piece to any deal which is the way some people treat it. A top 5 pick is just as important to a competitive "going for it" team as it is a rebuilding team imo. Any cheap high end talent you can add extends that window to win, and gives you more flexibility on your roster.

Starting with Colborne makes sense imo, but why you wouldn't ask for Krejci in his stead I don't know. He makes far more sense for your team, is a far surer bet, and steps in right away to become your number 1 center, at a cost effective salary. Colborne is very much a work in progress.
You're right, I'd want both.

Krejci, Colborne, Boston's 1st (if all goes well, should be a late 1st)

for Iginla and Pardy (a big solid bottom-pairing defensemen that helps Boston's depth on defense for the stretch and playoff runs, also needed for evening out contracts).

I really wouldn't go any lower. At that point, it's just not worth it to trade Iginla. Boston is really dealing from a position of strength as they already have a bunch of solid centermen and also have TO's 1st.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 02:01 AM
ComixZone

If Boston wants to make a huge push this year?

To Boston: Robyn Regehr, CGY's 1st in 2011 (top 10 pick), Curtis Glencross
To Calgary: Tyler Seguin, BOS's 1st in 2011 (25-30)

That'd give Boston two picks in the top 10. They're a better team this year, have a defensive core of Regehr and Chara going forward. Imagine if they can grab Larsson with Toronto's pick at the draft then one of the best wingers in the top 10 as well with the Flames pick??

Meh, could be way off base. I just think it strengthens Boston as a team going forward and for this year's big playoff push and it gives Alberta a #1 vs. #2, Taylor Vs. Tyler battle!

Last edited by ComixZone: 01-19-2011 at 02:11 AM.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 02:09 AM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:
Would Boston accept a trade for Iggy, that had TO's 1st going back the other way along with Colborne and Ryder?
No it was just said a cuple posts ago TOR 1st and colborne wont be going the other way together, and TOR 1st wont be going the other way probably at all seeing as how Flames fans will insist on multiple other pieces going too.

Bruins can enjoy seguin who was also mentioned earlier and wont be traded for an aging star, TOR 1st (whomever it may end up being) colborne and krejci A LOT longer than iginla will be in Calgary.

flames fans need to temper expectations. i dont think he is going anywhere but dont kid yourselves thinking your gonna trade an aging iginla for a young stud and a lottery pick or a young stud and top prospect. just not happening thats not how the cap era works

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 02:20 AM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

to put a little perspective on things Hossa was traded to pitts. for a former first round highend prospect(angelo esposito), a 1st rounder (ended up being second to last but point is everyone knew itd be late round) and two younger serviceable but not overwhelming on the potential aspect (christenson and armstrong)

pit didnt give a former #2 overall or a lottery pick or even their top prospect at the time. AND hossa was younger... it ended up being a lopsided trade after a couple years. but thats the kind of return that should be expected. a 1st (bostons not torontos) colborne (top prospect) and young serviceable pieces (although cap makes that kind of thing shift a little.

iggy
for

colborne
boston 1st
wheeler

ryder
(expiring contract is more valuable than a savard or ference who is signed for multiple years, allows big splash in FA)
min 2nd (becuase they take on ryder not another young player, will be a higher 2nd)

im not saying id do it as a flames fan or that it is appealing on the surface but its way more realistic...but again i dont think he's leaving calgary

Old
01-19-2011, 02:22 AM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

vCash: 1800
^As a Flames fan I think that is fair, but I would rather keep Iggy

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 02:52 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest View Post
to put a little perspective on things Hossa was traded to pitts. for a former first round highend prospect(angelo esposito), a 1st rounder (ended up being second to last but point is everyone knew itd be late round) and two younger serviceable but not overwhelming on the potential aspect (christenson and armstrong)

pit didnt give a former #2 overall or a lottery pick or even their top prospect at the time. AND hossa was younger... it ended up being a lopsided trade after a couple years. but thats the kind of return that should be expected. a 1st (bostons not torontos) colborne (top prospect) and young serviceable pieces (although cap makes that kind of thing shift a little.

iggy
for

colborne
boston 1st
wheeler

ryder
(expiring contract is more valuable than a savard or ference who is signed for multiple years, allows big splash in FA)
min 2nd (becuase they take on ryder not another young player, will be a higher 2nd)

im not saying id do it as a flames fan or that it is appealing on the surface but its way more realistic...but again i dont think he's leaving calgary
while I don't have an issue with your proposal i think people need to realize this is not a Hossa or Kovalchuk situation... this is closer to the situation Pronger was in when he went from Anaheim to Philadelphia...

this is not a rental where you have 1 shot at the cup... its a situation where you get a 30-35 goal scorer who is labelled as one of the great leaders in the game for 3 tries at the cup... so not only could you have teams that think they can win this year bidding for his services... you could have teams that think they will be able to win in the next 3 years bidding...

this has potential to be a true bidding war... thats why the Toronto 1st could easily be in play... because one of your biggest rivals in Montreal can likely match anything you put in a deal except that pick... that pick puts you in the drivers seat in any bidding war and you do it without crippling your franchise

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 02:59 AM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
while I don't have an issue with your proposal i think people need to realize this is not a Hossa or Kovalchuk situation... this is closer to the situation Pronger was in when he went from Anaheim to Philadelphia...

this is not a rental where you have 1 shot at the cup... its a situation where you get a 30-35 goal scorer who is labelled as one of the great leaders in the game for 3 tries at the cup... so not only could you have teams that think they can win this year bidding for his services... you could have teams that think they will be able to win in the next 3 years bidding...

this has potential to be a true bidding war... thats why the Toronto 1st could easily be in play... because one of your biggest rivals in Montreal can likely match anything you put in a deal except that pick... that pick puts you in the drivers seat in any bidding war and you do it without crippling your franchise
agreed on the rental situation i actually considered that before i posted. but in terms of the bidding war, i think there may be plenty of bidders but none that put HUGE overpayments on the table. certainly there will be valuable pieces presented but i feel that iginla wont be traded for a package that isnt a huge overpayment becuase if you trade him you trade your one true fan favorite/marketing focal point/guy that puts the butts in the seats....

i was merely saying thats what will more than likely be presented in a variety of ways by a variety of teams and all will most likely be turned away becuase this isnt a rental situation where they have to get rid of him or walk him watch

Old
01-19-2011, 03:11 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
agreed on the rental situation i actually considered that before i posted. but in terms of the bidding war, i think there may be plenty of bidders but none that put HUGE overpayments on the table. certainly there will be valuable pieces presented but i feel that iginla wont be traded for a package that isnt a huge overpayment becuase if you trade him you trade your one true fan favorite/marketing focal point/guy that puts the butts in the seats....

i was merely saying thats what will more than likely be presented in a variety of ways by a variety of teams and all will most likely be turned away becuase this isnt a rental situation where they have to get rid of him or walk him watch
think about it in these terms for a minute... from your GMs perspective...

- you have Thomas having one of the best years any goaltender has every had
- Chara is still performing very well
- you have 5 forwards that could finish with 20+ goals

it really looks like a season wher eyou have a solid chance to win...

now say he is considering Iginla... and does offer the package you suggested... but Montreal offers a similar package with Eller instead of Colborne... if Feaster calls back saying the Habs have offered the same do you not think its possible for Boston to give up the Toronto 1st... not only to ensure they land Iginla... but to make sure Montreal doesn't... because lets be honest there is no way the Bruins want to lose a bidding war to Montreal for Iginla

Old
01-19-2011, 03:23 AM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:
think about it in these terms for a minute... from your GMs perspective...

- you have Thomas having one of the best years any goaltender has every had
- Chara is still performing very well
- you have 5 forwards that could finish with 20+ goals

it really looks like a season wher eyou have a solid chance to win...

now say he is considering Iginla... and does offer the package you suggested... but Montreal offers a similar package with Eller instead of Colborne... if Feaster calls back saying the Habs have offered the same do you not think its possible for Boston to give up the Toronto 1st... not only to ensure they land Iginla... but to make sure Montreal doesn't... because lets be honest there is no way the Bruins want to lose a bidding war to Montreal for Iginla
Its definately a possibility, i for one think it is rediculous how over-valued draft picks are on HFB including that TOR 1st, but it would definately reshape the trade, for example i do not think PC would trade a lottery pick AND colborne his top prospect along with other pieces (krejci was mentioned LOL) to accomodate the cap. especially with how the bruins are set up for the future. (aside from recchi and thomas everyone is under 35 and only chara, savard and thorton are all 33, two of which are signed long term and will probably play that long, i truely believe savard will play most of his contract out) The rest are under 30 In fact most of the squad is 27 and younger

I would LOVE to see iggy come to boston but not at the expense of TOO MUCH of the future

Old
01-19-2011, 03:38 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Its definately a possibility, i for one think it is rediculous how over-valued draft picks are on HFB including that TOR 1st, but it would definately reshape the trade, for example i do not think PC would trade a lottery pick AND colborne his top prospect along with other pieces (krejci was mentioned LOL) to accomodate the cap. especially with how the bruins are set up for the future. (aside from recchi and thomas everyone is under 35 and only chara, savard and thorton are all 33, two of which are signed long term and will probably play that long, i truely believe savard will play most of his contract out) The rest are under 30 In fact most of the squad is 27 and younger

I would LOVE to see iggy come to boston but not at the expense of TOO MUCH of the future
oh I agree... I was thinking more along the lines of

tor 1st
Colborne
Wheeler/min 2nd - your choice
salary - you pick who

Old
01-19-2011, 03:50 AM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:
oh I agree... I was thinking more along the lines of

tor 1st
Colborne
Wheeler/min 2nd - your choice
salary - you pick who
If colborne was any other prospect not on the b's roster not named caron and seguin(whos not really a prospect at this point) id say no problem at all.

ryder makes too much sense as the salary dump for both teams. doesnt affect calgary after this season giving them wiggle room, helps bruins fit in iginla both on the wing in the top 6 and salary wise

if colborne is a must in the deal then wheeler/min 2nd would have to be changed to paille or a mid-prospect (a less valuable piece in other words)

but i dont see trading two envisioned top 6 players for an aging(yet still very talented) one which is why its hard for me to see why the b's include both, although certainly possible

Old
01-19-2011, 03:52 AM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

even if colborne was changed to 2 high-ish prospects thatd be acceptable