HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[Trade Deadline] Islanders-Canucks

Old
06-14-2010, 04:57 PM
LeftCoast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
the truth is the Canucks need for a top end defensive prospect is much bigger than the Isles need for a goalie, and Sauve is not in Hamonics class as a prospect, not even close
It's close enough that only 2 years ago Sauve was picked 12 spots before Hamonic. At this early point in his career, Hamonic has since surpassed Sauve, but to say that it's not even close is hyperbole. Hamonic has more offensive upside, but that was known when they were drafted. Sauve is playing behind a pretty good defenseman in Simon Despres.

However with Kevin Connauton and Yann Sauve in the system, I'm not sure how Hamonic would bring something that neither of these guys bring.

Quote:
as you like to refer to hockeys future:

blah, blah, blah ...
I didn't say I loved HF - I just said in the case in point, they were correct.

LeftCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 05:24 PM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by eklunds source View Post
Cory Schneider.

It wasn't that he couldn't beat out Raycroft, it was that Raycroft's cap hit was half of what Schneider's is, and more seasoning on the farm is better than 10 games as Louie's backup (see: Jimmy Howard).

In Schneider's only start this year:

Schneider is ranked by hockeysfuture as the 32nd best prospect:

They also have this to say about him:

I saw Okposo play a game about 2-3 years ago, he looked awful. I thought he was going to be a bust and look at him now - he hasn't had a 20 goal season yet. He looks like a scared rabbit.

-- thats how ridiculous you sound. Stop posting.
the kid was in tears on the bench..... as even a vancouver fan said:

"Schneider is a tough case. He has been underwhelming at the NHL level for the most part, in fact, I'd go so far as to say that he's looked like a deer in headlights at times. Dominating the 'A' is an accomplishment, but by no means an indicator of future NHL success."

if he's so good trade Luongo until then dont tell me that a guy with a career save percentage of .887 in the NHL is all that....You stop posting until he can even be a decent backup

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 05:55 PM
Tavares2TheRescue
#beLEEve

vCash: 336
Travis Hamonic is a BEAST. Not trading him.

Tavares2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 12:59 AM
WhitecourtWolverine

I must have smoked meth before I read this thread, Wow. Or maybe that was Isles fans... either way...

WhitecourtWolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2010, 02:17 AM
bones21212

there aint any way in hell garth does that deal.
just because garth is a former goalie doesnt mean hes an idiot.

bones21212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 10:49 PM
LaLaLuongo

7ish months later....a proven Schneider later....where do we stand on the same deal for the offseason?

LaLaLuongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 10:56 PM
DropIt

Well, from what I understand from Isles Guy, Hamonic is >>>>> Mark Giordano so there is now way they only get Schneider back for this god

DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 11:03 PM
mczerkawski21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLuongo View Post
7ish months later....a proven Schneider later....where do we stand on the same deal for the offseason?
7ish months later and a more proven Hamonic about 100x backwards in terms of the Islanders doing this. Still no need for Schneider and Hamonic is dominating as a 20 year old shut down defensemen. Schneider is good dont get me wrong but we have enough goalie prospects.

mczerkawski21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 11:05 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLuongo View Post
Isles still wouldn't do it. Hamonic looks like a guy with loads of potential and top-pairing abilities. He's a keeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
Well, from what I understand from Isles Guy, Hamonic is >>>>> Mark Giordano so there is now way they only get Schneider back for this god
Hamonic might very well be a better player than Mark Giordano. I would consider him to be more untouchable than he was back in the summer. He's proven he can be an NHL player.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 11:06 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mczerkawski21 View Post
7ish months later and a more proven Hamonic about 100x backwards in terms of the Islanders doing this. Still no need for Schneider and Hamonic is dominating as a 20 year old shut down defensemen. Schneider is good dont get me wrong but we have enough goalie prospects.
AMac is dominating, Hamonic has just been an excellent 20 year old defenseman.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 11:09 PM
mczerkawski21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
AMac is dominating, Hamonic has just been an excellent 20 year old defenseman.
They both have been great. We have something special here. To bad most fans dont pay ANY attention/give a crap about us and would probably say otherwise.

mczerkawski21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 11:24 PM
GotKush*

7ish month later and Isles_Guy still looks like a fool... Just because the value is a bit off dosen't mean you need to bash a prospect

GotKush* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 11:32 PM
WangMustGo
NYI

vCash: 3178
Isles would never do this deal. That's not a knock on Schneider at all. Hamonic is very good already, and is only going to get better. The Isles also have Poulin who has been excellent in the AHL, and has showed very positive signs in the NHL so far.

WangMustGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 11:34 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

7 months later the Islanders are even further away from making this deal. Hamonic has greatly exceeded my expectations along with many others. Cory is a great goalie prospect, but recent seasons has really hurt the goalie market. Young Dman Stud > Young Goalie Stud.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 11:35 PM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotKush View Post
7ish month later and Isles_Guy still looks like a fool... Just because the value is a bit off dosen't mean you need to bash a prospect
I didnt bash him, I pointed out correctly that the kid was in tears on the bench, and you still cant have Hamonic

and I wouldnt trade him for Giordano

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 12:05 AM
GotKush*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
I didnt bash him, I pointed out correctly that the kid was in tears on the bench, and you still cant have Hamonic

and I wouldnt trade him for Giordano
Yes I think you've brought this up enough times in this thread. So I guess if any player cries he's just an absolute bust. Keep going, you keep looking dumber.

GotKush* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 03:06 AM
IslesNorway

Isles DO NOT need another goaltender. Plain and simple. As pointed out they have Poulin (who's been great!), Koskinen and Nilsson all waiting in the wings. And they won't be trading Hamonic who we can safely assume is part of the young core.

I'm pretty sure a trade beteween the teams can be worked out, but it won't be for back-up goaltenders and future top defensemen.

IslesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote