HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bogosian for Hemsky

Old
01-19-2011, 12:17 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by odgersfan83 View Post
Wow, lot of heat in here for a proposal that I think makes a lot of sense.

The Oilers are building to be a good team in a couple years and having Hemsky right now doesn't do much for them.

Atlanta could use a guy like Hemsky right now.

Bogosian, while struggling, has every ability to be a top pairing defensemen on any NHL team. He's not getting a lot of PP time in Atlanta where he has shown to be very very good.

The risk is really on Atlanta's side. Edmonton fans seem pretty confident that Hemskey will re-sign when his contract is up. Worst case scenario is you're wrong and he doesn't re-sign (at least you'd get Bogosian out of it).

Atlanta is looking at trading a guy that could be really good for years to come while only having Hemsky for about 110 games.

HF posters are so quick to trash every trade proposal, even those that are pretty good.
This isn't a good proposal

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 12:29 AM
Camden

vCash: 500
This is ludicrous! There is absolutely no hope for Bogosian! He's already 20! Offensive dman? That's laughable! Let's be serious... a combined 19 goals in his first two seasons before his twentieth birthday? Where is the "yawn" symbol? All I care about when evaluating players is the use of the +/- statistic. A -12 this year and -18 last season? Can he even skate backwards? He's been so bad this year that I think it's a little too late for him to turn it around to fulfill his upside. Twenty is rather old, especially for a defenseman... and you don't see too much progression in a player after their twentieth birthday. To be frank, there shouldn't be any stumbling blocks for any player making it in the NHL as an 18 year old. I think it's time to turn the page on Bogosian...

Camden is offline   Reply With Quote