HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Major Trade; Top Prospect for ??????

Old
01-17-2011, 03:13 PM
agrudez*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
Giving up the assets needed for a guy like Kaberle wouldn't be worth it. We already have 6 solid d-men. No need to trade for someone else just to bench Carle or O'Donnell. If we pick up any d-men (unlikely since we traded for Walker and have Bartulis floating around) it will be a borderline 6/7 guy that would only be needed in case of injury.
Part of my case was that maybe Kaberle can be had cheaper than you would think since Toronto's trade deadline shenanigans with him have all but become a league wide joke.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 03:32 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
I say stand pat. No trades would be my preference or a minor one not involving a major prospect or high draft pick.
I agree. The team is playing great right now. I realize that teams always need to be looking to improve themselves, but chemistry is solid right now. Why risk trading now and hurting the clubhouse morale?

Trading JVR is ridiculous for a rental player. If the team does that, it will demonstrate a lack of patience with prospects or its lack of ability to develop prospects.

In a Cap world, teams need to focus on prospects and draft picks. No need to get rid of any unless there is no other option for improvement. Obtaining a high priced goaltender who is currently underachieving (Kipper, Brodeur) for a first round pick or prospects is a stupid move. Obtaining a high priced d-man on a team with such defensive depth is stupid if the cost is a first rounder or JVR.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 03:53 PM
agrudez*

Apparently the NYI boards seem to think Matt Moulson is available.

He would look pretty nice next to Carter, imo. A mucker/grinder with a nose for the net willing to crash.

Old
01-17-2011, 04:05 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
I think Moulson would do better playing with Richards.

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:19 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
Apparently the NYI boards seem to think Matt Moulson is available.

He would look pretty nice next to Carter, imo. A mucker/grinder with a nose for the net willing to crash.
I would give anything to have him on the team. He's a great player to have. Scores all his goals from within 5 feet of the crease. Would be perfect for the play-offs.

Any idea what the isles would want for him. He could easily replace nodl.

Moulson - Richards - JVR would look mighty fine.

Last edited by Spongolium*: 01-19-2011 at 05:52 AM.
Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:20 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Negative, JVR is a Rangers/Yankees fan.
Yes, I remember JVR saying he 'was a Ranger fan, until today' on his draft day.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 08:50 PM
rWoHockeyman88

Hey guys, they just had Timmy P. on NHL on the Fly to discuss the Holmgren extension. At the end of the piece they discussed possible trades before the deadline, and Timmy P. advised the Flyers are interested in Daniel Alfredson if the Senators will be willing to part ways with him.

rWoHockeyman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 09:01 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by rWoHockeyman88 View Post
Hey guys, they just had Timmy P. on NHL on the Fly to discuss the Holmgren extension. At the end of the piece they discussed possible trades before the deadline, and Timmy P. advised the Flyers are interested in Daniel Alfredson if the Senators will be willing to part ways with him.
Alferdson is a great player, and I respect him tons, but I just don't see why we would need him. 2yrs of a 35+ contract, hasn't played a full season since 96 (although he has been relatively healthy) and has been decreasing point totals for the past 5 going on 6 years.

I would love him, but what would we have to move and is it worth it?

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 09:10 PM
captainpaxil

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
If we trade for Kaberle or give up our first rounder or prospects for another d, I will be very pissed. Like seriously, how many quality D do you need. If Matt Carle or Braydon Coburn or Shaun Odonell or Andrej Meszaros are sitting in the pressbox watching games in the playoffs, well, that is simply unacceptable IMO. And none of those guys deserve to be traded at this time. If they were, they should return someone in a position of need such as a first line winger to play with Richards, or a stud goalie, or something.

I say stand pat. No trades would be my preference or a minor one not involving a major prospect or high draft pick.
i will say this about carle, he seems to have been playing better since the boys started talking nice about him in the media but id do a deal for kaberle around him in a heartbeat. im a carle fan buts hes simply not the puckmover kaberle is and if you can improved this team at any position at that kind of value, you gotta do it.

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 09:10 PM
i am dave

Cannot afford Alfredsson without moving at least a Coburn/Carle level salary in return.

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 11:09 PM
BernieParent

Looking up and down Ottawa's roster, there's nobody there in whom I'd be interested. I hate Ruutu's game, and none of the others with skill are affordable.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 11:47 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonen View Post
I think Moulson would do better playing with Richards.
I wouldnt mind Moulson. Not sure if hes suited for Richards wing, but he would be a good addition and no offense to Nodl whos performed well since getting off the goal scoring schnide has much better hands. Which brings us too what would you have to give up for a guy who is likely headed for 25 goals again. Plus he is willing to go to the net and get those ugly goals needed in playoff hockey.
I am willing to bet if Moulson is moved, hes moved for something we dont have.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 11:50 PM
bretzky29ca*

There are only two acquistions I see the Flyers making this year at the deadline. For starters, don't be surprised if we see a futures swap with the phone lines swirling. I'm expecting to see Nikita Filatov in a Flyers sweater at the deadline, with the deal obviously not made for now, but for the years to come.Nodl +Blidstrand +4th for Filatov is what I'm expecting.

Secondly, in a deal more suited for this current playoff push, the Flyers will send Dan Carcilllo to the Island for Matt Moulson. Philly may have to chip in a draft pick to make this work.

bretzky29ca* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 05:54 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

If the flyers got moulson for carcillo, i would fly to philly to shake holmgrens hand.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 06:26 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
Originally Posted by rWoHockeyman88 View Post
What he said was he was thinking Alfie would be a good fit if the Flyers had any interest/Ottawa was selling. He in no way said the Flyers were "interested" in Alfie. It was more his opinion on who he thought the Flyers should go after.

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 06:27 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Alfie is awesome, but we can't afford to take on any money for next year

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:44 AM
phillyfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Alfie is awesome, but we can't afford to take on any money for next year
I love Alfie, but I have to agree. Bryan Murray will NEED to get a kings ransom for Alfie as Ottawa sportsradio leads off every show with "Praise Alfie". He is king around here and to ship him out of town, man, they would be looking for JVR or comparable. And no, I wouldn't do that.

As for Tim, he is best buds with Bruce Garrioach and he is the king of pulling names out of a hat as possible trades. So, No chance we get Alfie. And Hover is right, no chance we can afford him next year anyway.

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 10:14 AM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretzky29ca View Post
There are only two acquistions I see the Flyers making this year at the deadline. For starters, don't be surprised if we see a futures swap with the phone lines swirling. I'm expecting to see Nikita Filatov in a Flyers sweater at the deadline, with the deal obviously not made for now, but for the years to come.Nodl +Blidstrand +4th for Filatov is what I'm expecting.

Secondly, in a deal more suited for this current playoff push, the Flyers will send Dan Carcilllo to the Island for Matt Moulson. Philly may have to chip in a draft pick to make this work.
Filatov? Really?

Because Zherdev doesn't piss us (and Lavi) off enough?

Old
01-19-2011, 10:41 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Filatov? Really?

Because Zherdev doesn't piss us (and Lavi) off enough?
Filatov might actually be a better fit. Let's not forget that when he has played in Columbus, he's had the "luxury" of playing with the likes of Jared Boll and Derek Dorsett. Put Filatov on a "third" line with Carter and whoever or on a line with Richards and Giroux and watch him find his game very quickly.

Fact is, Columbus messed up his development big time. This was a player that needed to play in either junior hockey or the AHL for the full season and they thought he would be better served by playing 4 to 7 minutes a night under the watchful eye of Hitch....

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 10:50 AM
DPyro

Quote:
Part of my case was that maybe Kaberle can be had cheaper than you would think since Toronto's trade deadline shenanigans with him have all but become a league wide joke.
Your forgetting that Philly originally wanted to trade Carter for Kaberle and Kaberle refused to waive.

IMO, barring a miracle, Kaberle will retire a Leaf.

DPyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:24 AM
phillyfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPyro View Post
Your forgetting that Philly originally wanted to trade Carter for Kaberle and Kaberle refused to waive.
Homer stated publicly that he has "Never Tried to Trade Jeff Carter". Are you sure that rumour is true?

"Holmgren sat down with Comcast Sportsnet Philadelphia’s John Boruk and stated that not only have the Flyers never tried to trade center Jeff Carter, also took it further, saying, I can’t foresee (Carter) on another team”

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 01:06 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
That never happened.

Quote:
IMO, barring a miracle, Kaberle will retire a Leaf.
Even if Kaberle wants to stay with the Leafs to ensure he gets longer vacations every year, I highly doubt Burke wants him back.

Old
01-19-2011, 04:40 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

In case anyone cares, and this seems to be the Eklund thread, Eklund has Giggy coming here as an E3.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 04:42 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
giggy is worse, and more expensive than Vokoun. He is almost worse than Boucher at this point with his injuries

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 04:44 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
giggy is worse, and more expensive than Vokoun. He is almost worse than Boucher at this point with his injuries
Agreed. Not his biggest fan. Him and that contract.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote