HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Spezza and Phillips?

Old
01-19-2011, 01:46 AM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint Berry Crunch View Post
I can confirm this, yes, if you buy an Xbox 360 and NHL 11 - you can indeed make this trade go through.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 01:46 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Honestly, I would rather take Phillips out(even though I like him) and keep McDonagh and a 2nd.

Anisimov + Gilroy + 1st for Spezza + ______

Either way, I dont think Spezza would do all that well in a Tortorella system anyways. He is too soft.
I don't think you would get Spezza + unless you were swapping McD for Gilroy in that package, but then the + is gonna be pretty decent. Or that 1st is lowered to a 3rd. I don't see any team qualifying Gilroy but I guess he can still sign for below his current cap hit can't he? Can't imagine he'd get too much on the open market.

Anyways, that trade = screwed cap = bye bye RFAs. not happening. no way. no how. do not want.

Quote:
I can confirm this, yes, if you buy an Xbox 360 and NHL 11 - you can indeed make this trade go through.

hahahahaha

i love how you added the Y button image as well.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 02:30 AM
Patriks7

Quote:

Now let's tweak this a little bit... change Drury for Anisimov and Redden for McDonagh and see if the fans are still cheering in the streets.

Patriks7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 05:18 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelZottoFutureNorris View Post
Some of you don't realize how much cap space we have right now, and Gilroy's 1.75 along with Ani mean that only approximately 8 million total coming in with this trade. By my calculations, we have about 9-10 free right now. You can bash it for other reasons, but it is not out of the question cap-wise. Even if it's close, it can be tweaked a bit to work so please don't act like it's impossible under the cap, because it ISN'T.
You don't understand the cap implications of this trade.

First, we aren't using the bonus cushion. Without the bonus cushion, we will have far less than 10 mil available at the trade deadline.

And second, we can't afford to take on that much money next year, whether we buy out Drury or not.

This is really getting tiresome with everyone thinking we have all this money to spend. We don't. We can afford about a 4 or 5 mil contract at the deadline as long as the player is UFA at year's end. That's it.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 05:29 AM
Cake or Death

vCash:
Really do not want Spezza at all.

Old
01-19-2011, 05:50 AM
jniklast

I'd probably do it if there was no cap. Since there is however this just wouldn't work without Drury going back (who has a NMC and whom Ottawa wouldn't want).

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:09 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
values def there from the sens side, but:

- do you have space to add 10M in cap space?
- do you really think 'this is the year to go for it'?
good questions

Short Answer: No & No

Long answer: Noo and Noo

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:13 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Anisimov, Gilroy, McDonagh, 1st, 2nd for Spezza, Phillips

Dubinsky Spezza Gaborik
Wolski Stepan Zuccarello
Fedotenko Drury Callahan
Prust Boyle Avery

Staal Girardi
Del Zotto Phillips
Eminger Sauer
Valentenko

Muahahaha
That is a horrible deal that would set this franchise back 5 years....good going.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:15 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
Absolutely not. Stop with the spezza proposals.
I would take Spezza if they take Drury back and leave out McD, lol

so in other words won't happen

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:18 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
That is a horrible deal that would set this franchise back 5 years....good going.
While I would not do the deal and do not endorse it on any level, I'm not sure that it actually sets us back 5 years.

Gilroy was a UFA pick-up
McDonagh was a trade acquisition
We have two 2nd rounders

The major loss is Anisimov (a very veyr solid 2nd rounder) and the 1st in 2011 which if the trade was made, would be high teens, low 20's

Again, I do not endorse this deal, nor would I do it, but I do not believe it sets us back all that much.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:32 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Awful.

Can we please stop with these proposals.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:34 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
While I would not do the deal and do not endorse it on any level, I'm not sure that it actually sets us back 5 years.

Gilroy was a UFA pick-up
McDonagh was a trade acquisition
We have two 2nd rounders

The major loss is Anisimov (a very veyr solid 2nd rounder) and the 1st in 2011 which if the trade was made, would be high teens, low 20's

Again, I do not endorse this deal, nor would I do it, but I do not believe it sets us back all that much.
AA is a second line center.
McD is a second pair dman, if not a 1st pair guy
Gilroy has just started to flourish...I guess it is the perfect time to give up on him..
A first round pick...really?
Have you seen what Clark has done with his second round picks.

For Spezza who is moody, streaky, injure prone and makes 7 million a year for the next 3 years...

Phillips is 33 years and a free agent.

Now, lets look at the trade again and tell me why this is a good trade.

Old
01-19-2011, 07:36 AM
eco's bones

Beyond the cap issues that's too much future to give up for Spezza. Phillips is a rental--a UFA to be. I wouldn't do it.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:45 AM
Vitto79

I'm overall happy with the team this year but in all honestly even if they get in to the playoffs which I think they will they won't end up winning it.

BUT they are the right track. Just be patient sign the RFA's , bring in more kids and I am on the Brad Richards banwaggon. I am also now on the buy out Drury if they have to to sign Richards. He will make a huge difference if they keep this team in tact and added BR as the #1 C. Dubinsky, Richards, Gaborik 1st line is pretty sweet

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:56 AM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

It would cost us less then the OP's proposal to get Gomer & Hamrlik out of Montreal and I wouldnt want those two numbnutz either.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 08:40 AM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

If I was trading Spezza i'd want Dubinsky from a Sens POV which is non-starter for the Rags.. so this trade is moot.

Marty Straka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 08:54 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Awful.

Can we please stop with these proposals.
Agreed. Some people here should know better by now...

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:36 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

The OP is completely undervaluing Anisimov.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:39 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I would take Spezza if they take Drury back and leave out McD, lol

so in other words won't happen
Thank you Vitto.

This just wont happen. We're not going to fleece Murray. Do you think sather is going to somehow get him drunk and convince him to do something as stupid as that people?

McDonagh clearly has upside. He certainly has not been bad at all. He is still adjusting to the NHL and yet he has played well. He has held his own. Why are we dealing a raw, young defenseman with a lot of upside? I just don't get this.

AA has skill. He has the size. He is still very, very young. He is going to continue to fill out. Do you remember this guy named brandon dubinsky, only younger? Yeah a lot of people were ready to deal him in the blink of an eye a few years ago because he was lighting up the score sheet out of the gate. Now some want him to be our captain. Give AA time. He will only get better with more experience and confidence because thats when his skills and 1-on-1 moves show up.

I do not want spezza. I understand he is under 30, but he has been injury proned. His stats are not impressive I dont care who is on his wings. Gaborik didnt have much to work with last year and still managed, what, 80 something points last year? The fact that we already have made the mistake of giving out $7 million contracts to drury and gomez makes the idea of spezza even less attractive. Spezza has just enough talent in Ottawa currently that he should have a little better statistics than what is showing.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:43 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

I'd give them Gilroy and a 2nd for Spezza and thats as far as I'd go. They would never go for that and that shows you what I think of Spezza.

No need to trade away the youth that has got them where they are now. Its not the time.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 10:12 AM
Bardof425*

I would rather sell at the deadline, free up more cap space if possible and then sign Richards in the offseason keeping our picks and our young D. Why go for it this year when that team probably cannot get past the Flyers, Pens and Caps. Keep building and giving our young, talented core valuable experience. Why would you give up a 1 and a 2 and a d-man who is on the upside of his career for a d-man whose best days are likely behind him? And I agree Spezza would likely not flourish in Torts' system. We know Richards can.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 10:33 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
I would rather sell at the deadline, free up more cap space if possible and then sign Richards in the offseason keeping our picks and our young D. Why go for it this year when that team probably cannot get past the Flyers, Pens and Caps. Keep building and giving our young, talented core valuable experience. Why would you give up a 1 and a 2 and a d-man who is on the upside of his career for a d-man whose best days are likely behind him? And I agree Spezza would likely not flourish in Torts' system. We know Richards can.
But who do we sell? Avery is untradeable due to his reputation and the fact that any team would have to take his full cap hit (almost 4 mil). Drury is nearly untradeable with his NMC and 7.05 mil cap hit for 1 more year. Prospal and Frolov are both hurt, and neither is on the books for next year anyway.

Boogaard's hurt and no one would want that contract if he were healthy. I can't see us trading Wolski after just acquiring him.

There is no one to trade away, unless Prospal comes back from injury, but even then we'd probably keep him. It's not Sather's MO to sell unless we are clearly out of it, and it doesn't look like that will be the case.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 10:38 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Anisimov, Gilroy, McDonagh, 1st, 2nd for Spezza, Phillips

Dubinsky Spezza Gaborik
Wolski Stepan Zuccarello
Fedotenko Drury Callahan
Prust Boyle Avery

Staal Girardi
Del Zotto Phillips
Eminger Sauer
Valentenko

Muahahaha
97-98 to 03-04 the team never made the playoffs because of thinking like this.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 10:41 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
But who do we sell? Avery is untradeable due to his reputation and the fact that any team would have to take his full cap hit (almost 4 mil). Drury is nearly untradeable with his NMC and 7.05 mil cap hit for 1 more year. Prospal and Frolov are both hurt, and neither is on the books for next year anyway.

Boogaard's hurt and no one would want that contract if he were healthy. I can't see us trading Wolski after just acquiring him.

There is no one to trade away, unless Prospal comes back from injury, but even then we'd probably keep him. It's not Sather's MO to sell unless we are clearly out of it, and it doesn't look like that will be the case.
The only "vet' guy they can get value for is Emminger...but I doubt that happens...he has been too valuable unless they trade him and claim Commodre but his contract even on re-entry is too long.

Old
01-19-2011, 10:50 AM
Rangerfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
god no, please no !

I like NY the way it looks now. Rozi just left town, lets see if Gabby can get back on track and if Wolski can produce down the stretch.
No kidding.

But of course, New York Rangers are 5-4-1 in our last 10, and "barely holding on" to a playoff spot and lost 2 in a row. Therefore, we should make crazy changes and sign some crazy salaries because of it.

Like you said:

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote