HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

4 proposals

Old
01-19-2011, 08:48 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 500
EC for a 6th is the only trade that could possibly happen outta these 4, but why would that happen?

Nobody wanted him off waivers last year, and why would someone want him as a rental now? There's no shootout in the playoffs.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:16 AM
Rangers44*

Girardi, Christensen, and Drury for Jovocop and Hanzal.

Last edited by Rangers44*: 01-19-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Rangers44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:17 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
grachev had 0 points in 6 games... And? Detroit is going to clear some caps ace at the deadline. Be so sure. This could be a quite nice opportunity as we know the max level Hudler could produce...
Hudler is 27. Grachev is 20 and has only played 6 career games.

You don't see the difference there?

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:30 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Gilroy has not been all bad - agreed
He is not young - agreed
Jovocop is not the optimal solution - agreed

But I think this is the road Glen Sather will take - pls read my OP
So, you're trading a 2nd round pick, a 26 year old dman who's just starting to get it and is, at this point, our only PMD, and a promising 21 year old dman for a player you admit is not the optimal solution. Good idea.

Just out of curiousity, what in Glen Sather's recent history makes you think that any of these deals are ones he would make?

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 10:24 AM
Bulls9220

Let's trade the only guy that Gaborik can play with. We should put EC back with Gabby when he gets back I couldn't care less what anyone says

Bulls9220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 10:32 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers44 View Post
Girardi, Christensen, and Drury for Jovocop and Hanzal.
This almost worse than the drury proposal by the OP. Only thing separating this one from the drury one is that one is completely unreasonable. This one is a few steps below that.

Drury isn't going anywhere. Get over it. Not happening. Why would phoenix take on his salary? Because they like us? Because Maloney is there? LOL. Do you people think these through? Phoenix have struggled on the economic side of things, and granted their situation is better, there is no way this would look good if they took on drury. Nor do they actually have any need for him.

And we're also going to deal arguably our most reliable defenseman for the over the hill Jovanovski. He isnt "Jovocop" anymore, just an average defenseman. But I know how much people love the marquee name and their past success as opposed to what they're doing lately.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Vitto79

Chris Drury for Thomas Fleishmann and Jonas Holos...Drury won't waive and the Avs just got TF

Ranger 2nd + Matt Gilroy + Thomas Kundratek for Jovocop....waaaay to much and Yotes are going to try and make the playoffs so I doubt he moves

Evgeny Grachev + future considerations for Jiri Hudler...Hudler adds cap space and well he stinks this year so no.

Erik Christensen for a 6th somewhere..........they won't give him a way. Maybe in the offseason to clear cap space but with Gabby not scoring EC may get another chance.........I would package him in a deal at the deadline cause I think he has value with one more year left at just over a million but it will be a 2nd/3rd rounder plus EC for a rental Dman to play the PP alla McCabe

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:27 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Hudler is 27. Grachev is 20 and has only played 6 career games.

You don't see the difference there?
The biggest difference I've seen so far is that Hudler has impressed me at times and doesn't look out of place at the NHL level. Grachev might someday, but so far he hasn't. Not even a little bit.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:35 AM
Ian
Mike York fan club

Usually that's the case when you're comparing a 26 yr old to a 20 yr old, unless that younger player is a superstar.

Hudler has had one "good" year, and even that is used lightly when you consider the quality of the team he's on, and the fact he's making $2.85 mil.

Majority of this board has soured on Grachev because he's not the shiny new thing anymore, but there's no reason he can't be a 30 point player in a year or two at 1/3 the cost of Hudler.

Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 01:11 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

vCash: 50
Drury doesn't bring in Flash. one can wish tho.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 01:32 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Usually that's the case when you're comparing a 26 yr old to a 20 yr old, unless that younger player is a superstar.

Hudler has had one "good" year, and even that is used lightly when you consider the quality of the team he's on, and the fact he's making $2.85 mil.

Majority of this board has soured on Grachev because he's not the shiny new thing anymore, but there's no reason he can't be a 30 point player in a year or two at 1/3 the cost of Hudler.
If Grachev is to be a 30 point player in a year or two, than he is worth nothing, unless he becomes a defensive whiz. If 30 points in a few years is his upside, deal him now, if someone still has higher hopes.

Stepan is a legit NHLer. I'll be surprised if Kreider isn't one, so we are ahead of the normal curve around here.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 01:34 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Chris Drury for Thomas Fleishmann and Jonas Holos.
Ranger 2nd + Matt Gilroy + Thomas Kundratek for Jovocop
Evgeny Grachev + future considerations for Jiri Hudler
Erik Christensen for a 6th somewhere
There's no scenario in which Colorado trades Fleishman for Drury straight up let alone add someone to the deal. Drury has done nothing to indicate that he's worth Flash right now. That's a pipe dream.

I doubt that Phoenix bites on that offer. Jovo is more important to that team right now than Gilroy could ever be and Kundratek is not going to crack that defence soon.

Hudler is having an off season, he's still worth a pretty penny. Wings would want more.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 01:40 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:

And next year we sign Richards and another D...
1) No one wants Drury...for anything, or any reason. I'd be surprised if you could get 5th round draft pick fro Drury today.

2)Kundratek alone would be an overpayment for Jovocop (in my opinion), I would consider Gilroy and a 2nd (Jovo turns 35 this summer, he's a ufa, not a guy we awant to resign)

3)I'd jump on Grachev for Hudler....would detroit? (possibly because he's a UFA, but can we afford to resign him?)

4)I am a known EC HATER...., but he is a cheap NHL player, why move him for a 6th rounder??

Yes to Richards and a D if we can afford it.

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 01:42 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
Hudler is not even a question of talent (well he kind of is) but the higher question is can he even be trusted? He bolted from the best team in hockey at the time to play in the KHL because they we're willing to give him the money he oh so desired, Then his KHL team met the kaibosh and he came crawling back to the wings and is not doing himself any favors these days, Why even bother with him?
Crawling back to the wings is not an accurate statement at all.

He had no choice but to play for Detroit if he wanted back in the NHL due to the Arb. Award. The Wings owed his rights.

As a young man, you have a choice. You can play the next 2 years here for 5 million? OR play the next 2 years in your home country for 10 million?

Even if he only played one year back home, he still made as much there in that one year than the Wings were going to pay him over two years here.

I do not begrudge him that. I applaued him for it. It was a smart move for him.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 01:43 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:

Thoughts?
And I am a big fan of Grachev!

Just think this is Sather kind of deals...

hudler- anisimov - Gabby
fleishmann - Dubinsky - Callahan
Feds/Avery - Boyle - Prust.
Wolski - Stepan - MZA

save Torts line changes and numbers

Staal - Girardi
McD/Eminger - Jovocop
MDZ - Sauer/Eminger

And next year we sign Richards and another D...
The butchering everyone is doing more than makes up for how this is.

Just throwing random proposals no matter how bad they are is one thing but I can't believe you're actually defending these.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 01:49 PM
UAGoalieGuy

The Avs and Yotes would not move Flash or JovoCop, respectively because both are in the playoffs right now and would not want to shed any of their veteran players.

Not to mention the value is not there for either.

I did get a laugh out of the "future considerations" part of the Hudler deal. lol

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 01:56 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
The Avs and Yotes would not move Flash or JovoCop, respectively because both are in the playoffs right now and would not want to shed any of their veteran players.

Not to mention the value is not there for either.

I did get a laugh out of the "future considerations" part of the Hudler deal. lol
Glad to be of assistance

Btw - if I had proposed the Gomez for Higgins plus deal, The Higgins/kotalik for Jokinen/Prust deal or The Rozy for Wolski deal - I imagine similiar reactions would abound around here...just saying...

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote