HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs/Wheeling Nailers 2010-2011

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-13-2011, 05:42 PM
  #976
Thinkbig
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,366
vCash: 500
How is Avtsin playing?

Thinkbig is offline  
Old
01-15-2011, 08:32 AM
  #977
habspinner
Registered User
 
habspinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
How is Avtsin playing?
Can't really tell you how he's playing, but statistically speaking for the amount of games he's played, the fact that this is his first year in NA, I would have to say he's been pretty decent.

He has been pretty dynamite in the shootout though. Last night him and Engqvist were the shootout scorers.

habspinner is offline  
Old
01-15-2011, 09:31 AM
  #978
ruski17
Registered User
 
ruski17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 855
vCash: 500
How are Dumont and Fortier doing? Any good or do they seem like career AHLer`s?

ruski17 is offline  
Old
01-15-2011, 10:15 AM
  #979
AllCanadienFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
How is Avtsin playing?
He is still learning the NA game and from watching him he has a long way to go. Got to remember he is 19 and also some of the problems may be due to injury. Last night he scored with a lazer to win the shootout but during the game he consistently gave up or was knocked off the puck and never is good position in his end. Fans in my section agreed he is struggling and should be in junior but that can't happen. Only solution is to keep playing him to see if he can adjust.

AllCanadienFan is offline  
Old
01-15-2011, 10:16 AM
  #980
AllCanadienFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habspinner View Post
Can't really tell you how he's playing, but statistically speaking for the amount of games he's played, the fact that this is his first year in NA, I would have to say he's been pretty decent.

He has been pretty dynamite in the shootout though. Last night him and Engqvist were the shootout scorers.
Actually it was Maxwell and Avstin who scored.

AllCanadienFan is offline  
Old
01-15-2011, 10:22 AM
  #981
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,714
vCash: 500
1st time posting in here; are the Wheeling Nailers a farm club in the Habs organisation?? I'm asking cause every time i see this thread's title, all i read is "Kneeling Whalers" and not Wheeling Nailers. (dont know why exactly...)

Ice Poutine is offline  
Old
01-15-2011, 10:54 AM
  #982
Bacchus1
Registered User
 
Bacchus1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Seoul, Korea
Posts: 886
vCash: 500
So how has Festerling being looking after 6 games to settle in?

Bacchus1 is offline  
Old
01-15-2011, 12:29 PM
  #983
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 24,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
How is Avtsin playing?
he has had his ups and downs, you can see he's got some skills but you can also see he's very raw. He doesn't get a lot of ice time, but needs a lot of work on his play without the puck. Has been fun to watch in the SO though, what a shot he has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski17 View Post
How are Dumont and Fortier doing? Any good or do they seem like career AHLer`s?
Both work hard but haven't been very impressive. Fortier has surprised me a bit as he's got some PP time and hasn't looked bad. His speed helps him in the defensive zone, and he's usually on the 4th line with Bonneau and Schultz (who are both pointless)

Dumont I thought he'd be better, has struggled to produce or create much offense. Works hard though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
1st time posting in here; are the Wheeling Nailers a farm club in the Habs organisation?? I'm asking cause every time i see this thread's title, all i read is "Kneeling Whalers" and not Wheeling Nailers. (dont know why exactly...)
No, I just thought people would be interested in reading about the Wheeling Nailers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus1 View Post
So how has Festerling being looking after 6 games to settle in?
not overly noticable, good or bad. Has a good frame, moves well and seems solid at both ends of the ice.

montreal is online now  
Old
01-15-2011, 01:15 PM
  #984
katatoniak
Registered User
 
katatoniak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jonquiere, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
he has had his ups and downs, you can see he's got some skills but you can also see he's very raw. He doesn't get a lot of ice time, but needs a lot of work on his play without the puck. Has been fun to watch in the SO though, what a shot he has.



Both work hard but haven't been very impressive. Fortier has surprised me a bit as he's got some PP time and hasn't looked bad. His speed helps him in the defensive zone, and he's usually on the 4th line with Bonneau and Schultz (who are both pointless)

Dumont I thought he'd be better, has struggled to produce or create much offense. Works hard though.



No, I just thought people would be interested in reading about the Wheeling Nailers.



not overly noticable, good or bad. Has a good frame, moves well and seems solid at both ends of the ice.
Any way to watch it ?

katatoniak is offline  
Old
01-15-2011, 01:52 PM
  #985
shamrun
Registered User
 
shamrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
Any way to watch it ?
http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/vide...autostart=true

at about the 3:19 mark you can see the shootout goal.

shamrun is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 07:23 PM
  #986
Habsfan18
Registered User
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,692
vCash: 500
5-0 Dogs over Amerks with 6 minutes remaining in 2nd period.

Goals to Palushaj, Fortier, Russell, Wyman and Engqvist.

Avtsin with 2 assists.

edit: 7-0 now. St.Denis and Carle.


Last edited by Habsfan18: 01-18-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Habsfan18 is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 07:41 PM
  #987
DieHeartRedWingsFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 226
vCash: 500
Goal and Assist to Palushaj.

DieHeartRedWingsFan is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 09:27 PM
  #988
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,762
vCash: 500
Some (if not all not sure) 1991 born players in the AHL:

Kyle Palmieri: 25gp 10g 6a 16pts
Brandon Pirri: 35gp 5g 10a 15pts
Jeremy Morin: 22gp 8g 4a 12pts
Alexander Avtsin: 27gp 4g 8a 12pts
Nick Leddy: 22gp 2g 8a 10pts
Jerry D'Amigo: 34gp 4g 6a 10pts

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 09:39 PM
  #989
JHabs
HFB Partner
 
JHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,360
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Some (if not all not sure) 1991 born players in the AHL:

Kyle Palmieri: 25gp 10g 6a 16pts
Brandon Pirri: 35gp 5g 10a 15pts
Jeremy Morin: 22gp 8g 4a 12pts
Alexander Avtsin: 27gp 4g 8a 12pts
Nick Leddy: 22gp 2g 8a 10pts
Jerry D'Amigo: 34gp 4g 6a 10pts
Wow that makes me very happy to know Avtsin is doing just aswell as others, considering he has to face other adversities aswell.

JHabs is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 09:50 PM
  #990
SeriousFan09
Registered User
 
SeriousFan09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,164
vCash: 500
We have a 19 year old 6'3", natural wing, RH shot Russian-born player who's never seen NA ice before and he's keeping pace with the rest of the guys his age.

I love draft steals.

SeriousFan09 is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 10:05 PM
  #991
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousFan09 View Post
We have a 19 year old 6'3", natural wing, RH shot Russian-born player who's never seen NA ice before and he's keeping pace with the rest of the guys his age.

I love draft steals.
As long as he doesn't go home.

googlymoogly is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 10:11 PM
  #992
Analyzer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,807
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Some (if not all not sure) 1991 born players in the AHL:

Kyle Palmieri: 25gp 10g 6a 16pts
Brandon Pirri: 35gp 5g 10a 15pts
Jeremy Morin: 22gp 8g 4a 12pts
Alexander Avtsin: 27gp 4g 8a 12pts
Nick Leddy: 22gp 2g 8a 10pts
Jerry D'Amigo: 34gp 4g 6a 10pts
Including tonights game too ?

I wonder how many of them seem to play with Conboy, Bonneau type players.

When I catch a dogs game that's who AA seems to be playing with.

Analyzer is online now  
Old
01-18-2011, 10:14 PM
  #993
SeriousFan09
Registered User
 
SeriousFan09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
As long as he doesn't go home.
For him to break his KHL contract and hop over here at 19, seems to indicate he's pretty committed to making the NHL. Trunev and Yemelin, much more dubious about ever seeing them.

SeriousFan09 is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 10:15 PM
  #994
AllCanadienFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousFan09 View Post
We have a 19 year old 6'3", natural wing, RH shot Russian-born player who's never seen NA ice before and he's keeping pace with the rest of the guys his age.

I love draft steals.
Avstin had a great night tonight. The two goals he set-up were fantastic, great hands and vision. But lets remember we blew out the 2nd worst defensive team in the AHL, our forwards did pretty much what they wanted. What we saw was if Avstin gets space he has got great skill but against the better tighter checking teams he struggles. He will be good but let him get older and adjust to the the NA pace.

AllCanadienFan is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 10:15 PM
  #995
Analyzer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,807
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousFan09 View Post
For him to break his KHL contract and hop over here at 19, seems to indicate he's pretty committed to making the NHL. Trunev and Yemelin, much more dubious about ever seeing them.
He didn't break it. Both he and the team agreed to end it.

However, it did come over for the draft. TBH, I never heard of him before the draft, so he wasn't expected to be a first round pick, or even a 2nd round pick. To me, that tells me he wants to make it here.

Analyzer is online now  
Old
01-18-2011, 10:34 PM
  #996
SeriousFan09
Registered User
 
SeriousFan09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCanadienFan View Post
Avstin had a great night tonight. The two goals he set-up were fantastic, great hands and vision. But lets remember we blew out the 2nd worst defensive team in the AHL, our forwards did pretty much what they wanted. What we saw was if Avstin gets space he has got great skill but against the better tighter checking teams he struggles. He will be good but let him get older and adjust to the the NA pace.
He'll get his time in, I'm not expecting to see him get a real appearance with the Habs until maybe the 12-13 season, he needs at least two complete years in the AHL IMO.

SeriousFan09 is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 09:33 AM
  #997
TinordiandSubban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,483
vCash: 500
Anyone who needs a pick me up should watch the 'Dogs highlights.

http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/vide...autostart=true

Avtsin and Engqvist!

TinordiandSubban is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 09:42 AM
  #998
Hermamoud
Registered User
 
Hermamoud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle West View Post
Anyone who needs a pick me up should watch the 'Dogs highlights.

http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/vide...autostart=true

Avtsin and Engqvist!
Love the Bonneau fight. "Grant uses his head as a punching bag" haha

Hermamoud is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 10:29 AM
  #999
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 24,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
When I catch a dogs game that's who AA seems to be playing with.
Yes, Avstin usually always plays on a line with Conboy and Engqvist. But with Pac and DD called up, before Boyd came down, Conboy was leading the team in goals as he's been having a solid season so far (hoepfuly he's not out too long)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post
Love the Bonneau fight. "Grant uses his head as a punching bag" haha
Grant gave someone a cheap shot, (missed it as I was flipping back and forth with the Habs) Henry tuned him up and then Bonneau fed him a steady dose of fists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCanadienFan View Post
Avstin had a great night tonight. The two goals he set-up were fantastic, great hands and vision. But lets remember we blew out the 2nd worst defensive team in the AHL, our forwards did pretty much what they wanted. What we saw was if Avstin gets space he has got great skill but against the better tighter checking teams he struggles. He will be good but let him get older and adjust to the the NA pace.
Yea was impressed with his pass behind the net. He's shown he's got some nice hands and he had a nice deke to get into the zone, just needs a lot of work on his play without the puck at this point. In the pregame the Randy's had some nice things to say about him and how his game has progressed.

montreal is online now  
Old
01-19-2011, 10:41 AM
  #1000
Habs10Habs
Retired
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,634
vCash: 255
I'm closing this thread since it has now passed 1000 posts. A new thread has been posted.

Habs10Habs is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.