HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Value of Doughty

Old
01-19-2011, 11:02 AM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

vCash: 500
Value of Doughty

Doughty is a generational player. To me one player does not make or break a defense. The value he could give in a trade would be huge. We have a very formidable Defense with out him. He would bring a top 5 forward in the league possible more. Would you trade him.

Johnson
Mitchell
Green
Scuds
Martinez
Voynov
Hickey
Forsbert
Tuebert
Campbell

flame away

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:12 AM
Dave33
Still smiling

Trading him would be the dumbest thing I've ever seen this org do.

Dave33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:17 AM
kingpest19

Look at the difference Pronger made in EDM, Anaheim and Philly. In the last 5 years Prongers been in the Finals 3 different times. Id say he makes or breaks a defense. You dont trade guys like Doughty unless you absolutely have to.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:23 AM
Kings man 4 life

Doughty is the difference between a good defense and a great one. Makes the goalies job that much easier and makes the offense that much better. Only player I would see Doughty being moved for is Crosby, other than that GTFO.

Kings man 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:37 AM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave33 View Post
Basically. Trading Brayden Schenn would be the 2nd dumbest thing.

xavi4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:44 AM
no name

This is nuts.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:58 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I agree with the notion that Drew's value is so high that dealing him would return us a ton of value but I still wouldn't do it.

You can use a few different comparisons and get similar results but you don't need to look too far. 99 was dealt to us after winning a heavy hand full of cup rings for one of the best up and coming centers in the game and a ton of other pieces that should have set the Oilers up for another decade but it was one and done.

Then we dealt 99 for the Vopat et al and we all know how that worked out.

As an org we have pretty much always (with a few exceptions) dealt away our most talented players with the same notion that one exceptional proven player will help us fill several holes. Thank god we have learned from that mistake.

Doughty for Crosby? Sure I would but after that the list gets pretty thin.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 12:03 PM
damacles1156

I feel like I am in the Twilight zone. Dave Taylor is that you?

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 12:13 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave33 View Post
But if it could get ya a Stamkos, Crosby or Ovie, Malkin + you cant balk at the value. I just think we are really loaded on D. I happen to like JJ just as much or if not more than Doughty. Both would be nice but to me not necessary for a great D which we surely will have.

Old
01-19-2011, 12:19 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsnsoldiers View Post
But if it could get ya a Stamkos, Crosby or Ovie, Malkin + you cant balk at the value. I just think we are really loaded on D. I happen to like JJ just as much or if not more than Doughty. Both would be nice but to me not necessary for a great D which we surely will have.
Drew would not bring any of those people you just named.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 12:20 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I also am a fan of JJ and have taken heat for saying that I see potential for him becoming a hall of fame type of defenceman since he made the team and while he is an exceptionally talented young dman I would deal him a dozen times before I would consider moving Doughty. He is that special and that much better. Consider this, Crosby was Crosby the day he first took to the NHL but Doughty is a defenceman who won't come close to reaching his true potential until he is 28 to 30 years old.

He hasn't even scratched the surface of his abilities yet.

Old
01-19-2011, 12:26 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I also am a fan of JJ and have taken heat for saying that I see potential for him becoming a hall of fame type of defenceman since he made the team and while he is an exceptionally talented young dman I would deal him a dozen times before I would consider moving Doughty. He is that special and that much better. Consider this, Crosby was Crosby the day he first took to the NHL but Doughty is a defenceman who won't come close to reaching his true potential until he is 28 to 30 years old.

He hasn't even scratched the surface of his abilities yet.
Good point, I just hope he wants to reach his potential here in LA. Just some red flags this year with him, kinda question character ya know.

Old
01-19-2011, 12:28 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Yep but remember, he is a kid and if you were in Canada you would see how highly regarded he is. He knows he is going to be a wealthy man and is seen as a sports celeb in a big way. Its gotta mess with your head a little. He'll turn it back around, he is a character guy.

Old
01-19-2011, 12:33 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Lol, Is This Thread Serious?

EDIT: Saint . . you know that from now on, you will be known as the poster who wanted to trade Doughty . . .

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 12:36 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

@ cutty shark
Yup, just trying to get a feel for some thoughts is all. Why don't you tell me why Doughty is untradeable.

Old
01-19-2011, 12:40 PM
jeffl97

vCash: 50
Traded Visnovsky and Sbisa for him in NHL11

jeffl97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 12:41 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
@ cutty shark
Yup, just trying to get a feel for some thoughts is all. Why don't you tell me why Doughty is untradeable.
Because it's not everyday that a defenceman makes the team at 18, get's top minutes & responsibility after the first few weeks of his NHL career, gets invited to play for the IIHF World Championship and wins silver . then, smashes the competition in his sophomore season, electrifying Kings' fans and has people saying his name with Bobby Orr, helps the team make the playoffs for the first time in 7 season . . and finds time to squeeze a Gold Medal all without being old enough to DRINK. . . And you want to trade him because he's having a bad year on a team that lacks identity, leadership & a legitimate coaching staff?

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 12:48 PM
SLang

Not like it means anything to anyone but me, but trade Doughty and I'm out.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 12:56 PM
hauspaint
what? Kings WON?!

Quote:
flame away

hauspaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 01:25 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Good lord almighty. The day the Kings trade Doughty is the day this organization will have made the biggest mistake in its 44 years of existence. Who trades a 21 year old franchise defenseman? Unless the return is Sidney Crosby, it is not even something worth entertaining. I understand being upset and all up in arms over the losing streak, but this is outright irrational and illogical. Why get rid of the best players on the team? How about this novel thought. Acquire some damn talent to help support the other handful of talented players on the team.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 01:38 PM
Pucknut50

I am responding only because people here are actually trying to explain why we should not trade Doughty. No need because 99.999999% here would not do it. Even the original poster would vote against it if someone else brought it up. The only way Doughty leaves this organization is by Free agency.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 01:45 PM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Good lord almighty. The day the Kings trade Doughty is the day this organization will have made the biggest mistake in its 44 years of existence. Who trades a 21 year old franchise defenseman? Unless the return is Sidney Crosby, it is not even something worth entertaining. I understand being upset and all up in arms over the losing streak, but this is outright irrational and illogical. Why get rid of the best players on the team? How about this novel thought. Acquire some damn talent to help support the other handful of talented players on the team.
Kings do! HOF Larry Murphy at 22 for Brian Fn' Engblom

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 02:08 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
Because it's not everyday that a defenceman makes the team at 18, get's top minutes & responsibility after the first few weeks of his NHL career, gets invited to play for the IIHF World Championship and wins silver . then, smashes the competition in his sophomore season, electrifying Kings' fans and has people saying his name with Bobby Orr, helps the team make the playoffs for the first time in 7 season . . and finds time to squeeze a Gold Medal all without being old enough to DRINK. . . And you want to trade him because he's having a bad year on a team that lacks identity, leadership & a legitimate coaching staff?
Now your putting words in my mouth. Yes, he has done all that I'm just afraid it has gone to his head because he is so young and I hope he can recover from that mentality so he doesn't spoil the cream. I like Doughty and am glad he is on the team. Just trying to get people's impression. Excuse me for thinking outside the box people.

Old
01-19-2011, 02:11 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I take that as a no. hahaha

Old
01-19-2011, 04:07 PM
123slam

jesus

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote