HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kaberle to NYR

Old
01-19-2011, 11:05 AM
FanHabtic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Kaberle for Drury still makes sense for both teams.

TML is desperate for forwards and particularly a center
TML has spare defenders to move to acquire a center.
Burke and Wilson chose Drury for Olympics.
TML gets Drury's services next year when Drury only makes 5m.
TML has cap space to fit Drury.
Tonight is the last game of the regular season between TML and NYR.

Drury has slipped down NYR's lineup as the organization wants to give younger players more opportunities. Sometimes he moves up but the Rangers are stacked with a full throttle youth movement and are committed to it so he gets pushed back down.
I can see Drury waiving his NMC for a chance to play on a top6 line in Toronto. He's met with NYR coaching staff about playing a bottom role in NYR already and has kept quiet about it. He obviously wants to play more. Besides that, Buffalo and Toronto aren't that far apart regionally and his best years were in Buffalo where he played on a team with smallish forwards with speed.

Drury - Kaberle straight up. TML gets Drury for another year.

Then there's the Wolski factor where I think adding Wolski for Bozak and a high pick in 2012 or a high prospect would aslo be a nice deal.

Burke wants to add size.

Drury, Wolski for
Kaberle, Bozak, 2012 2nd unless you acquire a 2011 2nd.

or

Drury, Wolski, 2011 2nd for
Kaberle, Bozak, 2012 1st

Capgeek says it all fits.
Is this a joke? Did you forget the indicator?

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:05 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
For a UFA to be, it doesn't.
Conversation over. Burke hangs up and says keep your third liners.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:06 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
If Kaberle gets a prospect or return as good as Kreider I'd **** my pants.

No way in hell.
No way in hell you get Kabs for a pile of spare parts.

Old
01-19-2011, 11:06 AM
scoots 70

Burke , and hell , even Fletcher and possibly baby Fergie all said the same thing....Kaberle goes nowhere unless it's a first and a high prospect back. So after all the " I won't waive " , " I'll give you a list of 3 teams " , " I'll give ya a list of 10 teams" , " I don't wanna be traded " , Well maybe I will because I don't like Wilson " ," I wanna retire a Leaf " .....and the chance to move him two years in a row without his permission and not doing it..............
Anything less than what the origional asking price was makes Burke look like a tool.....well , a bigger tool .

scoots 70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:07 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
Grachev + 2nd or just two 2nds is fine by me for Kaberle. Anything more and I'd look elsewhere and tell Burke good luck.
Start looking elsewhere. It's a first plus a good young player minimum.

Old
01-19-2011, 11:07 AM
Edgeworth*

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Conversation over. Burke hangs up and says keep your third liners.
(~._.)~ SOMEONE DOESNT WATCH THE RAAAANGERS~~~

Edgeworth* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:08 AM
grabo84

Grachev + 2nd is a fair return. Ultimately, it probably depends where Toronto is and what Burke's opinion of Grachev is though.

I'm a bit surprised that people are expecting more than what we would have received last year for Kaberle. You won't get a first and a great prospect for him.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:09 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Hahahaha. This thread is hilarious. You Leafs fans are going to be sorely disappointed.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:10 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Kaberle for Drury still makes sense for both teams.

TML is desperate for forwards and particularly a center
TML has spare defenders to move to acquire a center.
Burke and Wilson chose Drury for Olympics.
TML gets Drury's services next year when Drury only makes 5m.
TML has cap space to fit Drury.
Tonight is the last game of the regular season between TML and NYR.

Drury has slipped down NYR's lineup as the organization wants to give younger players more opportunities. Sometimes he moves up but the Rangers are stacked with a full throttle youth movement and are committed to it so he gets pushed back down.
I can see Drury waiving his NMC for a chance to play on a top6 line in Toronto. He's met with NYR coaching staff about playing a bottom role in NYR already and has kept quiet about it. He obviously wants to play more. Besides that, Buffalo and Toronto aren't that far apart regionally and his best years were in Buffalo where he played on a team with smallish forwards with speed.

Then there's the Wolski factor where I think adding Wolski for Bozak and a high pick in 2012 or a high prospect would aslo be a nice deal.

Burke wants to add size.

Drury, Wolski for

or

Kaberle, Bozak, 2012 1st

Drury is a non-starter and mentioning his name makes Burke and every GM in the league hang-up. Paid 7 million and he plays like a 2 million dollar player.

Old
01-19-2011, 11:12 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Capgeek says it fits... there is no evidence thus far that Drury can return to being a top 6 forward, which is what Toronto would want.

He is being outplayed on the offensive depth chart by Brandon Prust, a 5 foot 7 rookie, the list goes on and on.

In a Drury for Kaberle swap, you're adding, not asking for more. And then there is that pesky NMC to deal with.

I dont deny that Burke like Drury. I just dont think he likes him that much.
I would deny that Burke likes Drury. Drury has been a bust for a guy making 7 million and is a worse risk than Simon Gagne because he gets paid more and has another year left.

Any conversation that includes the name Drury would be a non-starter. Think about it you trade for Drury and completely take yourself out of the upcoming UFA market.

Old
01-19-2011, 11:13 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
Hahahaha. This thread is hilarious. You Leafs fans are going to be sorely disappointed.
We don't accept junk offers for one of the leagues best PMD's. We'll gladly re-sign him, we have the money and he wants to stay.

Hardly disappointing.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:15 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by spozm View Post
(~._.)~ SOMEONE DOESNT WATCH THE RAAAANGERS~~~
Christensen is a stop gap - he's like Bozak for the Leafs - plays there becuase there is no true number one center.

Gilroy is a bottom pair dman that has struggled to find his game.

2nd round picks do not get you top 10 scoring dman.

Am I leaving something out here?

Old
01-19-2011, 11:16 AM
htpwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Kaberle's price may be a 1st rounder, but it will not be coming from the Rangers. Its 20 games + the playoffs for a player who has already stated he wants to stay in Toronto and will most likely go back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
How is it so far-fetched? St Louis did it with Weight and Tkachuk a couple of times. Instead of just throwing out unsubstantiated absolutes, how about offering some actual reasoning?
To be honest, Burke just doesn't strike me as the type of General Manager to trade a player and then sign him again in the off season. It certainly could happen but I don't see it.

Quote:

Burke wants to add size.

Drury, Wolski for

or

Kaberle, Bozak, 2012 1st

Great, capgeek says it fits. Now, where is the value for Toronto? I would hope that Burke is not as stupid as Gainey was in taking another one of your big contracts off your hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankotopgun View Post
yup understand NYR fans want to spend as little as possible to add but really is kaberle worth that little? 29 points in 44 games is worth that little even as ufa? I dont think the leafs resign him because they have so much cap on D and they will look to use his and giggys cap hit to aquire some help up front. plus he will not sign at his rate especially when gonchar gets paid 5.5 to do nothing in ottawa. teams spend on pending UFAs to help push deep into the playoffs. how about this

kaberle for contional picks
NYR goes past 1st round of playoffs leafs get a 2nd in 2011 and 2012 if he resigns with NYR it becomes 1st round 2011 and 2nd 2012

leafs get rid of more cap to possibly make other move for a forward now especially with some of the teams selling cap players. plus they get a first for next year

NYR gives up what will probably be a late first or 2nd depending resign and get a PMD with solid point production to help them push into the playoffs and bring experience to their younger d core. also doesnt hurt their run for this year. counters thoughts?
Doesn't benefit Toronto. We are not interested in solely second round picks. We either need a decent-good prospect coming along with the pick or a first rounder.

Grachev + 2nd intrigues me though. Can anyone say how NHL ready he is?

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:23 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
I don't think Leaf fans will be disappointed at all with keeping Kaberle.

Old
01-19-2011, 11:25 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
Grachev + 2nd is a fair return. Ultimately, it probably depends where Toronto is and what Burke's opinion of Grachev is though.

I'm a bit surprised that people are expecting more than what we would have received last year for Kaberle. You won't get a first and a great prospect for him.
Grachev is not producing in the minors and projects to be a third liner at this point. Not sure how you trade your best defenceman for a possible third liner and a 2nd round pick that has a 30% chance of turning into a player; and somehow this is good?

Leafs need top 6 players - they have a ton of players and prospects that fill the bottom 6.

Old
01-19-2011, 11:25 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
you don't trade a 20 yr old that is a key part of the future for a UFA so no it's not that simple

In the end Leaf fans over value Kaberle. UFA rentals do not hold that much value. He will get back a good pick and a descent prospect not much more than that

as for the Rangers they could use him on the PP but he would not be resigned next yr given the cap
Don't make ridiculous proposals unless you're prepared to offer anything of value. The Leafs will gladly keep Kaberle than trade him for your scraps. + don't you think Kaberle would have been traded by now if that's what he was getting flipped for?

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:28 AM
Edgeworth*

Quote:
Christensen is a stop gap - he's like Bozak for the Leafs - plays there becuase there is no true number one center.

Gilroy is a bottom pair dman that has struggled to find his game.

2nd round picks do not get you top 10 scoring dman.

Am I leaving something out here?
Well you left out Anisimov, Stepan, Dubinsky, Callahan, Gaborik, etc.

The rangers aren't exactly all third liners, they just lack a first line center which could change with how well Dubinsky has been. And as far as D-men they don't need to rush and try and waste anything when you got guys like Kaberle, Ehrhoff, Pitkanen all going UFA this offseason. Wanting Kaberle is a stupid idea, it's not like the Rangers have anyone important retiring..they can wait another season before making a serious push at the cup.

Edgeworth* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:31 AM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post

I was thinking Grachev + 2nd which becomes a 1st if he re-signs.

I'd probably do that. Helps compensate the Leafs if he doesn't go back to TO.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:35 AM
beastly115

Quote:
Kaberle is better than Rozival...so start with a good young forward and add.
LOL

Wolski asked for a trade.

Rozsival has another year on his contract with a salary well below his cap hit.

Rozsival and Kaberle are not comparable at all.

You might get a young roster player. But it will not be a top 3. You might get a guy like Versteeg who puts up decent numbers and is a 2nd/3rd liner. You won't get any sure things for Kaberle as a UFA.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:36 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
Not saying I'd do this but going by whats been said in this thread and not knowing much about what kaberle wants to do with his future and where to sign, how about the rangers tag on a conditional first round pick if kaberle resigns, this potentially gets Burke a second+ and the chance at a first if he looses kaberle. And if kaberle does in fact want to stay in Toronto so badly he can go back nobody's forcing him to sign in ny.

To TOR
Ryan bourque
Better of NYs two 2nd round draft picks
Conditional 1st if kaberle resigns with NY

To NY
Kaberle
That seems good value, maybe if it's a better prospect then TOR gets the later 2nd.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:38 AM
noway

I think I'd rather re-sign than trade Kabs. He would be very hard and expensive to replace and where we are in the re-tool, we don't have the resources to replace him.

noway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:40 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
That seems good value, maybe if it's a better prospect then TOR gets the later 2nd.
Ryan Bourque would not interest Burke at all, the prospect would have to be much better then that.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:43 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

To Rangers : Kaberle

To Leafs: a 2nd and any D man not named Staal-Girardi-Sauer-McDonagh, another 2nd if he signs with NYR

Never under estimate the skill of Glen Sather when it comes to trades.

01-19-2011, 11:43 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngbloodhockey View Post
Ryan Bourque would not interest Burke at all, the prospect would have to be much better then that.
If Sather wants Kaberle, you my friend are not going to be a happy Leafer

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:45 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngbloodhockey View Post
Then switch it to Grachev + later 2nd with a conditional first if Kabs re-signs and Toronto sends a 3rd/4th back if Kabs re-signs (with NYR).

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote