HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

There has been no Islander with LESS HEART than Blake Comeau

Old
01-18-2011, 05:58 PM
majormet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by periferal View Post
Damn. I sure wish Comeau had some heart. If only he tried harder like Colliton, Joensuu, Gillies, and Konopka he'd produce more. Really stinks....
I actually think he gives solid effort, his problem is that he has a very low hockey IQ with solid skills which makes for a streaky player. If he had Okposo's brains he would be a first line stud, but since he is Blake Comeau he will often skate end to end on the periphery and around the net and lose the puck.

It is almost like you wish Capuano could control him like a remote control toy car.

majormet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 06:19 PM
Groin Of Bates

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormet View Post

It is almost like you wish Capuano could control him like a remote control toy car.
It shouldn't be too hard considering Capuano is controlled that way

Groin Of Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 06:59 PM
BillD

Quote:
I actually think he gives solid effort, his problem is that he has a very low hockey IQ with solid skills which makes for a streaky player. If he had Okposo's brains he would be a first line stud, but since he is Blake Comeau he will often skate end to end on the periphery and around the net and lose the puck.

Majormet, I know Comeau gets bashed for this, but I only see that happen when he comes down the left wing boards, not the right side. On the left he can not sheild the puck because he is a righty shot.
What always bothered me is that the other Islanders do not make themselves available for him or any other skater coming down the wing to get the puck to them. Since it is usually Comeau because he is one of the few Isles forwards with enough speed and size to make a good enrty into the zone, he gets bashed when he has nowhere to go with the puck.
A defender is pinching behind him, and maybe the other winger is trying to set up in the corner of behind the net, but is not fast enough to get there.
I always wanted to see some support for the puck carrier out by the dot or hash mark where he could make a pass, but that is never open because the center is either playing high or on the right side.
They need a better play when he (or any other winger) carries the puck in the zone along the wall.

BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 07:29 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
Comeau last 22GP 10G 20Pts
impressive stats, i just hate watching him when he doesnt put up points

its maddening. you know he has all these abilities but he makes all these boneheaded plays!

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Brain Hemorrhage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaljudge View Post
Majormet, I know Comeau gets bashed for this, but I only see that happen when he comes down the left wing boards, not the right side. On the left he can not sheild the puck because he is a righty shot.
What always bothered me is that the other Islanders do not make themselves available for him or any other skater coming down the wing to get the puck to them. Since it is usually Comeau because he is one of the few Isles forwards with enough speed and size to make a good enrty into the zone, he gets bashed when he has nowhere to go with the puck.
A defender is pinching behind him, and maybe the other winger is trying to set up in the corner of behind the net, but is not fast enough to get there.
I always wanted to see some support for the puck carrier out by the dot or hash mark where he could make a pass, but that is never open because the center is either playing high or on the right side.
They need a better play when he (or any other winger) carries the puck in the zone along the wall.
+100000

Brain Hemorrhage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2011, 08:28 PM
BelovedIsles

Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
Quote:
I don't know if I want Jack Capuano as the man behind that control.

Regardless, Comeau finally looks like a legitimate NHL'er. Wondering if Garth can swing a Neilsen/AMac-esque deal with him.

BelovedIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 10:35 AM
majormet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaljudge View Post

I agree with your points, I am a Comeau fan myself, I do think he does not look up though. It is like a point guard in basketball that can dribble fast with his head down but much slower with his head up, almost wish Comeau could come into my basketball gym and work on his coordination with his head up.

He is surrounded with little talent, underdeveloped Bailey, invisible Schremp, 5th liner Sim, .. not exactly what he needs, he needs his buddy Brooks Laich here.

majormet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:42 AM
BillD

Quote:
I agree with your points, I am a Comeau fan myself, I do think he does not look up though. It is like a point guard in basketball that can dribble fast with his head down but much slower with his head up, almost wish Comeau could come into my basketball gym and work on his coordination with his head up.

He is surrounded with little talent, underdeveloped Bailey, invisible Schremp, 5th liner Sim, .. not exactly what he needs, he needs his buddy Brooks Laich here.
Agree. He is not a perfect player but his skillset is no enticing that I just want to be sure he is getting all the coaching he can to make the most of his abilities. We don't have many with his skills and they are hard to get. He could be a very valuable player if it all ever clicks.

BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:51 AM
Moosie

To pick Comeau out as the Islander with the least heart all-time is ridiculous. We've had some the world's most heartless players. Comeau seems to be a little reserved, but he doesn't even come close to Yashin, Kvasha, Travis Green, and some of the other heartless wonders around here.

Moosie is offline   Reply With Quote