HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kaberle to NYR

Old
01-19-2011, 11:46 AM
tankotopgun

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by htpwn View Post
To be honest, Burke just doesn't strike me as the type of General Manager to trade a player and then sign him again in the off season. It certainly could happen but I don't see it.

Great, capgeek says it fits. Now, where is the value for Toronto? I would hope that Burke is not as stupid as Gainey was in taking another one of your big contracts off your hands.

Doesn't benefit Toronto. We are not interested in solely second round picks. We either need a decent-good prospect coming along with the pick or a first rounder.

Grachev + 2nd intrigues me though. Can anyone say how NHL ready he is?
i agree to a certain point that getting a young prospect is a good goal but it really depends on when this trade goes down too. if its closer to deadline and what position leafs are in at the time. plus theres always the sign and trade factor as well. so lots of veriables. i really believe he would resign with NYR if they got him so the leafs would end up with a 1st and 2nd plus cap space

tankotopgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:47 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
To Rangers : Kaberle

To Leafs: a 2nd and any D man not named Staal-Girardi-Sauer-McDonagh, another 2nd if he signs with NYR

Never under estimate the skill of Glen Sather when it comes to trades.

If Sather wants Kaberle you my friend will have to give up more then junk.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:49 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Then switch it to Grachev + later 2nd with a conditional first if Kabs re-signs and Toronto sends a 3rd/4th back if Kabs re-signs (with NYR).
Sounds more plausible, just don't know how Burke will feel about Grachev with him being not ready to step up right away.

Old
01-19-2011, 11:52 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngbloodhockey View Post

2nd - Gilroy - and a 2nd if he signs -

Watch and learn.

If Burkie gets a better deal so be it, but that's pretty close to what you will get from Sather. Maybe Glen picks up the check on the fishing trip. Maybe

01-19-2011, 11:52 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Christensen is a stop gap - he's like Bozak for the Leafs - plays there becuase there is no true number one center.

Gilroy is a bottom pair dman that has struggled to find his game.

2nd round picks do not get you top 10 scoring dman.

Am I leaving something out here?
Shea Weber is waving at you.

By that I mean he was picked in the 2nd round. Not that a 2nd rounder would acquire him

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:55 AM
Nedved1*

Perhaps the Flyers take him for Zherdev

Thats seems about right. Both are rentals.

Nedved1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:55 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Shea Weber is waving at you.

By that I mean he was picked in the 2nd round. Not that a 2nd rounder would acquire him
Why don't you figure out the odds of the happening with 30 picks each year. It's like winning a lottery. And frankly trading Kaberle for a lottery ticket is a dumb idea.

Why don't you trade Staal for a 2nd rounder - you might get another Shea Weber out of the deal - seems like a reasonable risk to take.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:56 AM
Nedved1*

Quote:

Or all the teams watch the leafs eat Kaberlae and get nothing for him, just like Sundin

Old
01-19-2011, 11:57 AM
birddog*

Quote:

Watch and learn.

If Burkie gets a better deal so be it, but that's pretty close to what you will get from Sather. Maybe Glen picks up the check on the fishing trip. Maybe
If that was the price - and not just fantasy - Kaberle would be in NY right now.

Ranger fans are way off on this.

Old
01-19-2011, 11:58 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:

Watch and learn.

Toronto doesn't need a lesser dman and a 2nd round pick in a very weak draft coming back for Kaberle. It doesn't address Toronto's needs to begin with and it certainly is not anywhere close to the value of a 50-60 point PMD.

The price for Kaberle is the same to every GM who wants him, it doesn't change because his name is Sather.

Old
01-19-2011, 11:59 AM
pld459666

Honestly, At this stage of the game for the Rangers org. Kaberle is not worth acquiring.

He's not the missing piece to get the Rangers over the hump to being a true and legit contender and if he's not that guy, then he's not the right guy to taget today.

I'd prefer that they focus on a long term option if they are moving any of the assets that have been mentioned in this thread.

Old
01-19-2011, 12:01 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Why don't you figure out the odds of the happening with 30 picks each year. It's like winning a lottery. And frankly trading Kaberle for a lottery ticket is a dumb idea.

Why don't you trade Staal for a 2nd rounder - you might get another Shea Weber out of the deal - seems like a reasonable risk to take.
I don't want Kaberle, so I'm not interested in trading anything for him.

He may serve a short term need, but he's not the answer long-term for the Rangers and is not someone I want to waste any assets on.

Old
01-19-2011, 12:01 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

Watch and learn.

Can't see Gilroy having much value. He'll be a RFA this summer but he's not worth his QO.

This doesn't get it done.

01-19-2011, 12:02 PM
Gardner McKay
Cupcake schedule.

vCash: 2679
Quote:
If NYR wants one of the best PMD's in the game the conversation starts with Kreider.
I sincerely hope this is a joke. A 32, soon to be 33 year old PMD. If Kaberle was 27 or 28, then it would be an absolutely understandable starting point and I do mean starting point. Kaberle of 5 years ago I would easily be willing to give up a prospect like Kreider + Del Zotto and so on. But sorry, to ask for a prospect I am assuming you know little about and just know hes high on our list for a pending UFA is lunacy.

I wouldnt even part with Del Zotto for Kaberle and Im not that big of a fan of Del Zotto any more.

Id would only do this deal IF and ONLY IF he is guaranteed to re-sign. Something like Valenteko+Grachev+2nd? Young D + Young forward + pick. Wolski essentially kicks Grachev down our depth chart a bit and we do have a plethora of young defenseman.

And before any TO fans say Valentenko is junk, he nearly made the team out of camp this year and was surprised McD got the call up instead of him.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 12:02 PM
Nedved1*

What do I honestly think a healthy and producing Kaberlae is worth?

Considering he is a strict rental for this year only, its less.

i would say a mid level prospect and second rounder, or a 1st rounder in this weaker draft down around 25.

If the Leafs somehow want more , then how about they keep the guy and he walks a UFA

Old
01-19-2011, 12:04 PM
Gardner McKay
Cupcake schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved1 View Post
Or all the teams watch the leafs eat Kaberlae and get nothing for him, just like Sundin
Exactly, the leafs did really well getting something for Sundin... the guy who came back to play for Vancouver, you remember him right?

Old
01-19-2011, 12:05 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I don't want Kaberle, so I'm not interested in trading anything for him.

He may serve a short term need, but he's not the answer long-term for the Rangers and is not someone I want to waste any assets on.
Well trade Staal for a 2nd rounder - Shea Weber is waiting for you -

Old
01-19-2011, 12:07 PM
pld459666

Quote:

Just to show you how full if it you are.

Of the current top 10 scoring defenceman, ONLY ONE HAS BEEN A 1ST ROUND PICK.

Jack Johnson

Lidstrom - 3rd
Buff - 8th
Tobias - 8th
Letang - 3rd
Vish - 4th
Yandle - 4th
Liles - 5th
JJ - 1st round
Boyle - FA signing
Wiz - 5th

You sir are full of shatt

Old
01-19-2011, 12:08 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Well trade Staal for a 2nd rounder - Shea Weber is waiting for you -
see above

Old
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolskii View Post
I sincerely hope this is a joke. A 32, soon to be 33 year old PMD. If Kaberle was 27 or 28, then it would be an absolutely understandable starting point and I do mean starting point. Kaberle of 5 years ago I would easily be willing to give up a prospect like Kreider + Del Zotto and so on. But sorry, to ask for a prospect I am assuming you know little about and just know hes high on our list for a pending UFA is lunacy.

I wouldnt even part with Del Zotto for Kaberle and Im not that big of a fan of Del Zotto any more.

Id would only do this deal IF and ONLY IF he is guaranteed to re-sign. Something like Valenteko+Grachev+2nd? Young D + Young forward + pick. Wolski essentially kick Grachev far down our chart and we do have a plethora of young defenseman.

It's not a joke at all, Kaberle will not be traded as a 2 month rental as the return would not bring anything back that would satisfy Toronto needs.

We will just re-sign him.

Old
CF Punk
Le Magnifique

Burke will probably ask for far too much and the deal would fall apart. I.E. The Wolski deal and any other deal that Burke throws out there.

CF Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 12:09 PM
Miller Time NYR

Quote:

I forgot you were Burke right? Your the one making the deals?

If all your your going to do is lurke around here and saying no no no, not enough, the leafs will get more, kaberle is worth more. Why don't your find something better to do because I'm pretty sure everyone in here doesn't want to hear your leaf biased opinions about how much kaberle is worth and how ****** everyones trade proposals are.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 12:10 PM
Nedved1*

If the leaf fans honesty want to get max value, go ask Kaberlae where he wants to play.

If its Toronto, then there is no point. League frowns upon rental then back to same team right away.

But lets say Kaberlae wants to go to the Flyers, then Burkie can go to Holmgren and allow him to talk to Kaberlae about a contract in hypothetical.

Once they do so, Burke signs him to that extension and then trades him to the flyers.

Now he will be going to a team that wants him and will be there for a while.

What would he be worth then?????

To philly

Kaberlae

2nd

To Toronto

John Van Riemsdyk

Old
01-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Jules Winnfield
Top 6 wing please...

Wow. Some people are seriously delusional with what they think the value of 20 games of Kaberle is.

Also, Kaberle is not a top NHLer. He's not going to bring you a Pronger'esque return.

Sorry, but you missed your chance on acquiring Jeff Carter for him.

Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 12:15 PM
Gardner McKay
Cupcake schedule.

Quote:
It's not a joke at all, Kaberle will not be traded as a 2 month rental as the return would not bring anything back that would satisfy Toronto needs.

We will just re-sign him.
Right, so a team thats in the bottom of the NHL will use a soon to be 33 year old PMD to help them climb out then when they are out of the basement, he retires and they are left with a hole to fill, rather then getting what they can for him right now. Or does that make too much sense?

I fail to see how an offer of Grachev + Valentenko +2nd wouldnt garner Kaberle. Its not like im saying

Matt Girlroy(intentional) for Kabs. Grachev has been on a tear lately down in HFD, Valentenko will be ready to play in the NHL next year, and its not like we are saying hey heres a 7th, two of our top forwards Anisimov and Dubinsky were picked in the 2nd so a 2nd rounder isnt just garbage...