HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Minnesota @ Edmonton - 8:30 PM CST (Russian Dervish in net!)

Old
01-19-2011, 07:32 AM
MK9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford0016 View Post
I kinda wish we would ride the hot goalies like the flyers did with bobrovsky. Let khudobin try and prove himself I say. It sucks that he gets 2 wins with just one goal allowed with 60+ saves combined and he gets sent down. If it were a different position we'd be playing that player every night so why not stick with the hot hand in net?
And then when he gets completely shelled in a game and his confidence shattered, he'll be ruined. Some guys never recover from that. They're doing the smart thing. Let him get some wins at this level, keep his confidence high. Then, let him go back down to Houston. He can work on his game. Regardless of how he's playing, he needs to clean up a lot of things. Consistency is a big one. So is positioning.

Look, I like the kid. He's goofy and entertaining as hell to watch. But, you get a very good team on a night when they're firing on all cylinders and he probably let's in quite a few more goals. The Wild caught Vancouver playing like crap on a bad night and the 2nd worst team in the league. I wish that didn't look like I was trying to undersell Khudobin. I think he's decent, but really lucky. Kid had a horseshoe up his a** the past 2 games. He's kind of got that weird Dominik Hasek aspect to him.

MK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 08:35 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by SphinX View Post
People on youtube is calling Burnsie a ***** after last nights "fight"

i really don't think they know what he is capable of..
Meh, it's the youtube comment section. Clownshoe after clownshoe inhabit that place. Wouldn't put much credence into it.

I fell asleep before all the interesting stuff happened last night. Not surprised by Peckham and Stortini. Especially Stortini and his "fights." Dude is supposed to be a fighter and at his frame, he's a heavy. Yet he ducked Boogaard all those years even while Boogaard took liberty after liberty with Oiler players. Simple problem to fix next game, however, if Peckham and Stortini want to continue. Bring up Kassian and Stortini will go away. Peckham will be kept in check. Problem solved.

I'd assume we see Almond tonight in Calgary?

Also, Spurgeron looked awful last night. Hopefully Scandella can get back out there soon. If not, they have to try something else. He's run his coarse up here.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 08:53 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Simple answer for Peckham is having Nystrom focused on roughing up Hall or MP all night. Stortini? Yeah, that would be Staubitz job if you could get Stortini to actually fight him. He (Storts) is a mix of Ott and Boogaard. He's an agitator without the hitting/playing ability and a fighter without the fighting ability. Total spot picker. Fight an all-star? sure. Fight a fourth line tough guy? eeerrrrmmmm....

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:09 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Unfortunately, I had life happen, so couldn't watch the whole game, got in right before the Bouchard goal.

Who is that Petry kid? He looked amazing. A lot like Scandella really, at least with the puck.

If Khudo's confidence wasn't shattered by letting it a bouncer from the blue line, it won't be shattered by getting shelled. I almost wonder if he could be an NHL backup goalie, at least short term.

Bouchard's goal...wow. Those are the highlight reel plays I was watching last year when everyone was hoping he'd retire.

Good to see Cullen get on the board again...guy needs to get it going.

Strong win. Just because the Oil is last in the standings doesn't mean they're always going to lose.

Also glad to see the team respond to the extra shots and what not that the Oil was giving out. Last time they just bent over and took it, this time they actually responded and stood up for each other. Although having Havlat, Clutter, Brodziak, Burns, and whoever else on the ice was just asking for trouble as those guys either can't, won't, or shouldn't fight.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 01:39 PM
Spawnisen
Believe.

And I won some vCash too! Let's hope they can keep this going and not make another mid-winning-streak-horrible-game game

Spawnisen is offline   Reply With Quote