HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NSH@PHX 1/18/2011 The "Backstreet's Back" Edition

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-19-2011, 12:26 PM
  #101
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
The spirit of John Paul Jones, David Farragut, and Dan Daly is obviously lacking in you.
Did an army guy JUST look for inspiration from a naval commander and a naval admiral????

Wow, 101st must be drunk.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 12:29 PM
  #102
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 14,337
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
You've got to love JP perseverance despite Trotz's best effort to bury him. What other coach takes their best points producer for two years in a row and puts him on the 4th line. It goes to show you that sometimes goal scorers irritate coaches because they want the grinders who work hard with no results on the scoresheet to get credit and minimize the ability of the scorer. Because you can't teach someone how to score they have it or they don't
well, JP has continued to get PP time despite being on a "lower" line, so its not like Trotz is totally shafting him. For whatever reason JP has not been able to be effective when on a line with our other "scorers" and so he was the "extra' player and had to just be fit in wherever he could.

Good players make the best of such situations, and lets hope this isnt a fluke and he picks up his scoring touch now.

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 12:31 PM
  #103
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,240
vCash: 500
Ok, I think Predschik has won the starting job for the GDT's. Token, backup and slump buster.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 01:19 PM
  #104
Adz
Eudora Wannabe
 
Adz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hermitage TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Did an army guy JUST look for inspiration from a naval commander and a naval admiral????

Wow, 101st must be drunk.
Naval admirals are cool.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 01:25 PM
  #105
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Did an army guy JUST look for inspiration from a naval commander and a naval admiral????

Wow, 101st must be drunk.
They're easily quotable. Would you have preferred Frederick the Great, Ferdinand Foch, and Blackjack Pershing?

I wasn't looking for inspiration ... I was pointing out someone else's disturbing lack of faith in our team.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 01:30 PM
  #106
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
They're easily quotable. Would you have preferred Frederick the Great, Ferdinand Foch, and Blackjack Pershing?

I wasn't looking for inspiration ... I was pointing out someone else's disturbing lack of faith in our team.
Oh, so you are an Army guy using Naval guys as examples for other people's weaknesses. OK the world is right again. Please continue.

As for my philosophy, Naval admiralty peaked at the age of sail and dropped considerably in WW2. Mystique wise. It's no the age of ground and pound and air.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 02:00 PM
  #107
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Oh, so you are an Army guy using Naval guys as examples for other people's weaknesses. OK the world is right again. Please continue.

As for my philosophy, Naval admiralty peaked at the age of sail and dropped considerably in WW2. Mystique wise. It's no the age of ground and pound and air.
You overlooked the Marine NCO. Feel shame.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 02:06 PM
  #108
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
You overlooked the Marine NCO. Feel shame.
I didn't see a Chesty Puller there. Everyone else is a cheap knock off.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 02:41 PM
  #109
Milly79
Registered User
 
Milly79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Columbia, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
Any hats on the ice? I'm listening to the radio.
Apparently Lindback's was the only one on the ice.

Milly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 04:04 PM
  #110
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19
 
gopreds19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milly79 View Post
Apparently Lindback's was the only one on the ice.
Lindback threw his hat! That's awesome if it was the only one.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 06:25 PM
  #111
token grinder
formerly sirryan189
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Franklin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Ok, I think Predschik has won the starting job for the GDT's. Token, backup and slump buster.
I am a back up nothing...Hockey diva stole my screen name......

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:00 PM
  #112
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I didn't see a Chesty Puller there. Everyone else is a cheap knock off.
You need to work on your cause/effect relationships. Taking of the "Bois de la Brigade de Marine" led to Puller joining. (The spot was an eerily quiet and beautiful piece of woods when I visited in '01.)

The team could really use a few military history lessons focusing on Chamberlain, Daly, Smith, and others to reinforce the need for small group camaraderie and never giving up no matter the odds. It fits the way they need to play every single game.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:53 PM
  #113
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Idahoan in Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Ok, I think Predschik has won the starting job for the GDT's. Token, backup and slump buster.
Agreed. I'll be #3 in line just in case.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 10:41 PM
  #114
kivaerijo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: EastNashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
I am so thrilled for JP. He has done so much for the organization off the ice, adopted Nashville as home and has not complained about getting shuttled around from line to line. And he is with linemates who seem to know how to get him to shoot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
You've got to love JP perseverance despite Trotz's best effort to bury him. What other coach takes their best points producer for two years in a row and puts him on the 4th line.
absolutely! Very happy for JP..giving my wife credit for this. on sunday during the hawks game she said, "I hope JP starts to get a few goals soon..Looks like he needs it". then he scored a few minuted later.

not sure why he doesnt deserve his own thread for his last two games...and i dont really start threads.

But I have always like him, and felt bad for him going down the lines..but good to see, and hope he keeps it up.

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 01:34 PM
  #115
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
You need to work on your cause/effect relationships. Taking of the "Bois de la Brigade de Marine" led to Puller joining. (The spot was an eerily quiet and beautiful piece of woods when I visited in '01.)

The team could really use a few military history lessons focusing on Chamberlain, Daly, Smith, and others to reinforce the need for small group camaraderie and never giving up no matter the odds. It fits the way they need to play every single game.
Well, I can't seem to get a job anywhere so I am tempted to go back to school and study history. I'm too physically freakish for the army to take me. I would kill for a chance to study at West Point.

Edit: Yes, I just realized that I WOULD have to kill to study at West Point.....

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.