HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl - Edm

Old
01-19-2011, 11:39 AM
Live Breathe Hockey

vCash: 500
Mtl - Edm

With Cammalleri separating his shoulder, and tons of other injuries in the Canadiens lineup, and the need to have another strong playoff performance, does it make sense for the Oilers and Canadiens to make a trade?

To MTL
Hemsky

To EDM
Eller
Tinordi

or

To MTL
Hemsky

To EDM
Subban
Leblanc

Reason I say Subban, is not too sure if there is anything going on with him in Montreal, but being a healthy scratch numerous times and fighting with teammates leads me to believe he may be an issue in their locker room? maybe just doesn't fit well with that team?

Live Breathe Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:40 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

I won't flame you and protect you if you give me the girl in your avatar for a day.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:40 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

/thread

hemsky out with a concussion as of last night

King Woodballs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:45 AM
Live Breathe Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
/thread

hemsky out with a concussion as of last night
doesn't have to be today bud, i'm thinking more as a deadline deal

Old
01-19-2011, 11:54 AM
Ghostbuster
#FireEakins

vCash: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Breathe Hockey View Post
Out Indefinitely isn't a short term deal.

Ghostbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:55 AM
FanHabtic

No thanks.

ps: Subban has been playing more minutes than any of our d-men in the past month. 27+ minutes per game and playing well on both ends of the ice. The over-hyped benching seemed to yield the results.

There is no way the Habs will trade Subban. Especially for Hemsky.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 12:07 PM
Pepin le bref

Quote:
Cammalleri is out only for a month...not worth giving up our top prospects. Beside, I don't even think it would work salary cap wise. Oh, and value is off...Montréal wouldn't deal Subban straight up for damaged goods Hemsky.

Pepin le bref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 12:20 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 448
Cammy is probably back before the deadline so I don't think this move really happens. Plus I doubt Montreal gives that much up.

joestevens29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 12:37 PM
barneyg

Quote:
Reason I say Subban, is not too sure if there is anything going on with him in Montreal, but being a healthy scratch numerous times and fighting with teammates leads me to believe he may be an issue in their locker room? maybe just doesn't fit well with that team?
Maybe it's because he's a rookie? I wouldn't be worried about Subban's future with the Habs.

For the Habs, there has to be a cheaper short-term/rental option than Hemsky out there. And I quite frankly don't understand why the Oilers would need to trade him to get younger. They're already young enough.

barneyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 12:46 PM
rockinghockey

I think Penner makes more sense for Mon. Tinordi for Penner

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 01:09 PM
oilers92

vCash: 788
hemsky'svalue is low right now due to his injuries why trade him when you wont get a decent return...as for the OP its pretty bad subban is playing well and all roockies have to find their way into the nhl

penner on the other hand is something mon. might like a big body upfront who can score 25+

oilers92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 01:14 PM
FanHabtic

The other strange thing about the proposal is that he is basically saying that:

Eller + Tinordi = Subban + Leblanc

Also in the last 5 games Subban has lead all Habs d-men in minutes with an average of 23.5 minutes/game. That's a whole minute more than the next highest total (Hammer). He is currently our best defenseman on the active roster.

Old
01-19-2011, 01:44 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Sorry but even if Hemsky wasn't injury prone, I don't think Edmonton does either of these deals.

I don't think Montreal wants to do the 2nd one, either.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 01:45 PM
vico555

To MTL
Hemsky

To EDM
Subban
Leblanc

Any day of the week

vico555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 01:56 PM
Forsead

I wouldn't trade Subban for Hemsky so imagine giving Leblanc....

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 01:57 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by vico555 View Post
To MTL
Hemsky

To EDM
Subban
Leblanc

Any day of the week
From the Oilers perspective? No Kidding!

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 02:19 PM
Live Breathe Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
The other strange thing about the proposal is that he is basically saying that:

Eller + Tinordi = Subban + Leblanc

Also in the last 5 games Subban has lead all Habs d-men in minutes with an average of 23.5 minutes/game. That's a whole minute more than the next highest total (Hammer). He is currently our best defenseman on the active roster.
i was going with 1 roster player to make the cap work, and 1 prospect since hemsky is already a proven elite player, not saying super stud, but elite top 3 F - which in my mind deserves a roster player and top tier prospect to be considered in being moved

as for the 2 types, I was going for C's and D's, Eller with possible greater potential than Tinordi, and vice versa with Subban / Leblanc

Main reason why I threw Subban out there, is mainly because I don't follow the Habs as closely as other important teams, like the Oilers, and just hearing all the issues in the press, just sounded like maybe there could be some issues there. If Subban is definitely not in consideration, thats fine, then it doesn't work.

Hemsky isn't really a short term rental, as he has 1 more year after this on his contract, so its something the MTL org can work with for 1+ years and PO's to see if they'd like to keep Hemsky longer term and have basically first dibs at re-signing him to a contract.

Old
01-19-2011, 02:43 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Wow dude, are you serious? I'm not even sure that I would give Leblanc for Hemsky. Imagine giving one of Subban/Tinordi/Eller along Leblanc for Hemsky?

Bahaha.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Live Breathe Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by samos View Post
Wow dude, are you serious? I'm not even sure that I would give Leblanc for Hemsky. Imagine giving one of Subban/Tinordi/Eller along Leblanc for Hemsky?

Bahaha.
and Leblanc and Tinordi have proven they have done.... what??.. at the NHL level... answer: nothing.

and Eller has done...... 9pts in 50 games....

I'm sure normal habs fans would be happy to see Hemsky on their team and wouldn't mind throwing some "potential" out the door for him, especially considering Hemsky is 27 with 1 year left on his contract.

Old
01-19-2011, 03:19 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
and Leblanc and Tinordi have proven they have done.... what??.. at the NHL level... answer: nothing.

I'm sure normal habs fans would be happy to see Hemsky on their team and wouldn't mind throwing some "potential" out the door for him, especially considering Hemsky is 27 with 1 year left on his contract.
You forgot to add that Hemsky has been oft-injured and hasn't played a full season since 2005/2006. He's also not exactly a gritty forward - something we need. I like Hemsky but he's not someone i would sell the farm on.

Old
01-19-2011, 03:22 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:

I'd be inclined to do the Eller and Tinordi for hemsky. No way I do the Subban and Leblanc deal. Listen people Subban is not being traded. He was scratched back in december for a couple games but has gone back to playing lights out. And Leblanc will not be moved either.

So yes I'd do Eller and Tinordi for Hemmer, but doesn't work with our cap situation unless you take Spacek back.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 03:26 PM
FanHabtic

I would be inclined to do Kostitsyn + Tinordi for Hemsky. Maybe.

Old
01-19-2011, 03:44 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
Out Indefinitely isn't a short term deal.
Out indefinetely means they don't know how long he will be out for. That said, concussions can be devastating, and any team interested in making a move for Hemmer will definetely wait to see how he plays when he recovers.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 03:48 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
With Cammalleri separating his shoulder, and tons of other injuries in the Canadiens lineup, and the need to have another strong playoff performance, does it make sense for the Oilers and Canadiens to make a trade?

To MTL
Hemsky

To EDM
Eller
Tinordi

or

To MTL
Hemsky

To EDM
Subban
Leblanc

Ummm no

Subban is a stud and I would nt trade him straight up for Hemsky let alone give up Leblanc too. Subbans troubles were not much of an issue here in MTL, thats the media from other cities starting trouble.....

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 03:57 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

Quote:

I hate this argument.

Hall only has 27 points this season which means that his value is of any other player who's scored 27 points? I don't think so.

There's value in potential so don't use that "they've proven nothing" crap argument.

Stjonnypopo is online now   Reply With Quote