HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect trade with Edm

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-16-2011, 12:02 PM
  #1
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,404
vCash: 500
Prospect trade with Edm

Your best prospects are dmen and our's are fowards. Of course we are not going to trade Hall or Eberle as they are playing on our team already. The dman that I am interested in is Roussel, and Josi. Obviously Roussel would be my first choice. Is there any way that we could get both. Players we have are:

Hemsky
Penner
Brule
Cogliano
PRV
Omark
Chorney
Omara
Smid
Gilbert

Let me know if something interest you. It can obviously be a package or individual.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 01:40 PM
  #2
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,122
vCash: 500
i would swap roussel and josi for paajarvi and omark

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 01:48 PM
  #3
tserberis*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
Penner and Hemsky for both easy...

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 02:06 PM
  #4
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Penner and Hemsky for both easy...
You are not going to get Penner and Hemsky for both of them.

What about
Penner and Omark

For
Roussel
Josi

Would that work

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 08:14 AM
  #5
MattPreds37
Registered User
 
MattPreds37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Goodlettsville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 262
vCash: 500
I love how teams want our good prospects but we are supposed to take Dustin Penner and his inflated salary. MPS and Omark would be fine, but certainly not Penner.

MattPreds37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 02:48 PM
  #6
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,970
vCash: 500
MPS for COR

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 02:51 PM
  #7
predfan24
Registered User
 
predfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
MPS for COR
COR's value has dwindled I think. Hasn't dominated (At least statistically) the way he should be in the Q.

I would do one of Josi/Blum/Ellis for Paajarvi.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 02:56 PM
  #8
OilerOlli*
 
OilerOlli*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 8,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
You are not going to get Penner and Hemsky for both of them.

What about
Penner and Omark

For
Roussel
Josi

Would that work
No, it wouldn't.

OilerOlli* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 02:57 PM
  #9
OilerOlli*
 
OilerOlli*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 8,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
COR's value has dwindled I think. Hasn't dominated (At least statistically) the way he should be in the Q.

I would do one of Josi/Blum/Ellis for Paajarvi.
Of course you would. But the Oilers wouldn't.

OilerOlli* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 03:04 PM
  #10
predfan24
Registered User
 
predfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerOlli View Post
Of course you would. But the Oilers wouldn't.
An Oiler fan started this thread saying Oiler had plethora of F and we had plethora of D. Blue chip player for Blue chip player is what that trade would be.

I don't pretend to know the needs to the Oilers I'm just going by what OP said. We aren't going to be trading our blue chip Dmen for overpaid or underachieving forwards and obviously Eberle and Hall are the cream of the crop their now. Paajarvi is a great prospect in his own right but ATM behind those two.

In that case a blue chip Dman for a blue chip F makes sense from a Preds perspective. Mabye not from the Oil perspective. I don't know if you guys need a Ellis or Josi because once again I'm not familiar with EDM's D depth.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 03:45 PM
  #11
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19
 
gopreds19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,188
vCash: 500
What about Josi and COR for Eberle?

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 04:22 PM
  #12
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobears19 View Post
What about Josi and COR for Eberle?
A BIG no from Nashville on that one IMO...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 05:20 PM
  #13
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,122
vCash: 500
how about we just let edmonton continue to occupy the cellar? we keep our d-men because they ultimately will not all be jewels. Do you people not remember the years when we had suter-weber-klein-sulzer-laakso-parent-franson in the pipeline? Two have worked out, and two are growing into their role, 1 is 1 7th now, and the other has a weaker back than grandma. We need good young d-men on cheap contracts to continue being successful.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 11:55 AM
  #14
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19
 
gopreds19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
how about we just let edmonton continue to occupy the cellar? we keep our d-men because they ultimately will not all be jewels. Do you people not remember the years when we had suter-weber-klein-sulzer-laakso-parent-franson in the pipeline? Two have worked out, and two are growing into their role, 1 is 1 7th now, and the other has a weaker back than grandma. We need good young d-men on cheap contracts to continue being successful.
Yeah, but we have Ellis, Blum, and Ekholm as well. Someday we should package a few of them to get a young, offensive player on a cheap contract. Why not do it while all of their values are high...

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 01:11 PM
  #15
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobears19 View Post
Yeah, but we have Ellis, Blum, and Ekholm as well. Someday we should package a few of them to get a young, offensive player on a cheap contract. Why not do it while all of their values are high...
i think their values are higher on hf than anywhere else

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 02:39 PM
  #16
predfan24
Registered User
 
predfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
i think their values are higher on hf than anywhere else
I'd argue there values are higher in real life than on HF where prospects values are largely determined by the hype they receive from larger fanbases. Prospects like MPS, Kadri,Hodgson, and others get huge amount of hype on HF whereas somebody like Ellis who was highly regarded when he was drafted and since then has only become one of the better Defenseman in junior hockey history constantly gets lambasted in Trade threads and the prospect section.

I'd say, disregarding team needs, Josi/Ellis for MPS is close value wise.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 04:51 PM
  #17
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobears19 View Post
What about Josi and COR for Eberle?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
A BIG no from Nashville on that one IMO...
Even bigger no from Edm as Eberle has already proven himself in the NHL to be a top 6 player.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2011, 05:50 PM
  #18
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Even bigger no from Edm as Eberle has already proven himself in the NHL to be a top 6 player.
how is he looking right now? in his first year? established? good minutes? top 30 league scorer? plenty of fanboys on HF?

well, i suspect one is true...

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 04:56 PM
  #19
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,404
vCash: 500
Of course we are not going to trade away Hall, Eberle and MPS. Your team is doing very well this year but are lacking a scorer. That is why I was thinking a trade with your team and ours. I thought Penner would be a good fit. If you haven't watched him play don't bother saying he is lazy blah blah blah. Penner is a big body that can't be moved from in front of the net and be moved off the puck.

Your team is deep in the dman prospect side and on your NHL club. You need a big body scorer and that is why.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2011, 10:29 PM
  #20
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Of course we are not going to trade away Hall, Eberle and MPS. Your team is doing very well this year but are lacking a scorer. That is why I was thinking a trade with your team and ours. I thought Penner would be a good fit. If you haven't watched him play don't bother saying he is lazy blah blah blah. Penner is a big body that can't be moved from in front of the net and be moved off the puck.

Your team is deep in the dman prospect side and on your NHL club. You need a big body scorer and that is why.
i get the sentiment, but why not take bouillon and o'reilly for penner then? you get a young center and a decent vet. we get a scorer and take on some salary.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 09:12 PM
  #21
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
i get the sentiment, but why not take bouillon and o'reilly for penner then? you get a young center and a decent vet. we get a scorer and take on some salary.
We need dmen prospect, that is why I said that in the beginning, we don`t care abou the salary as we are 13mil under the cap and even though we are last right now every game is sold out so money is not the problem.

We have either Penner or Hemsky that we can trade but we require a dman prospect and not a low tier one. If you don`t need either of them then that is fine.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.