HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Weber on his way out of Nashville?

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2011, 05:08 PM
Nedved1*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Weber and Suter are to the Predators what the Sedins are to the Canucks. They'd have to start with Kesler to even get Poile to stay on the phone.
Why because YOU say so?

lol

call us when they win Hart trophies.

I guess art ross would be asking a bit too much .

If Polie needs Kesler to stay on the phone, then he can take weber and stick him where the sun dont shine.

We got Hamhuis for free, perhaps we can just wait and get weber as well. Title of the thread says he is on his way out.

With all due respect, nobody is making trade proposals for Sedins or Kesler. They are way too valuable.

p.s.

Think on the bright side. You got Shane O'brien .

Old
01-19-2011, 05:10 PM
Karl Hungus

While Weber is worth a star forward like Kesler they probably wouldn't get a return like that back. How many times does a star player leave an organization and bring back another star player in return? If recent history is continues it would be a package of quality roster players, prospects and picks. If Weber does leave Nashville I doubt that Nashville fans will be thrilled with the return.

Old
01-19-2011, 05:10 PM
Cogburn

So...Sedins for Weber, Suter and maybe a small +?

Old
01-19-2011, 05:12 PM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post
Thank God your not the GM

4 first rd picks for Weber and David Krejci?????????

Toronto's first - Likely a Top 5
Boston's 1st Likely to 20
Colbourne 1st rd pick 16th overall
Zach Hamill 1st rd pick 8th overall
and
David Krejci 2nd rd pick 64th overall- likely a top centre in the league.

for one defenceman who is a RFA asking for big money who
was a 2nd rd pick 49th overall.

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and your serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Weber is an established All-Star defenseman...

I'm not saying to give them the whole package, but don't overrate what we have

In the logic of comparing established talent to draft position would be like saying Hamill (8th overall) has more value than Chara (3rd round pick?) Brian Finley 6th overall > Tim Thomas . Draft position only matters on draft day and to the team that has the picks.

Toronto's pick can be anywhere from top 5 - top 14, they have been playing better. They could tank again, but they might not. It's a flip of the coin really. It's still valuable, but to get a top 2 young defenseman, it should be in the table. Hell, even if it was 1st overall... I'd still move it for Weber. We can only hope whoever we draft would someday be as good as him. And Weber is only 25, he arguably has 10-15 years ahead of him, and his peak years have yet to come.

Boston's pick is a late 1st, that is what it is, less of a crapshoot than a later pick, but in a draft that's not touted to be all that deep, it's expendable. Colborne, don't want to give up on the kid, but he's not a guarantee for anything. If he is part of the move to get a long term established #2, it's fine by me.

Zach Hamill would be lucky to get a 2nd round pick this year. He's struggled in the AHL, theres no way he'll crack the B's roster without a serious injury bug hitting. He could flourish somewhere else, but I just don't see him in the plans anymore. The 2007 draft wasn't the greatest, but I'd say a re-do of the draft Hamill wouldn't sniff the top 10, maybe not even the first round.

David Krejci is probably the first name they'd ask for. He's a very good center, but let's not pretend he's an all-star. He could be someday, yes. But he's not yet. You gotta give to get, and I highly doubt they'd move Weber for all futures. Krejci is closer than any of those assets. We don't want to include Krejci, then we'll be giving up a lot more; and I highly doubt Nashville wants quantity over quality.

My offer would be
David Krejci and Toronto's 1st For Weber and Blum
OR

David Krejci, Boston 1st OR Joe Colborne, and Zach Hamill for Weber and Blum

Old
01-19-2011, 05:14 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved1 View Post
Why because YOU say so? lol

call us when they win Hart trophies.

I guess art ross would be asking a bit too much .

If Polie needs Kesler to stay on the phone, then he can take weber and stick him where the sun dont shine.

We got Hamhuis for free, perhaps we can just wait and get weber as well. Title of the thread says he is on his way out.

With all due respect, nobody is making trade proposals for Sedins or Kesler. They are way too valuable.

p.s.

Think on the bright side. You got Shane O'brien .
Trotz, Poile, Ciarragen etc. have all said that Weber and Suter are the future of the franchise and will not be moverd. Just because some people want to believe what every Swedish newspaper tells them to doesn't mean it's true.

And Hamhuis was a UFA for godsake it's not like we are the only ones who don't want to sign our third liners.

Old
01-19-2011, 05:17 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Weber isnt worth Kesler.

Kesler is going to a 40 goal selke winner this year. An all star and silver medalist. He can play any role on the team (even goalie, hes blocked that many shots)

All locked up for 5mil thru his prime.

No way Vancouver gives you that for Weber.
Kesler has neither won a Selke trophy, nor has he scored 40 goals. You don't "become" those things until you've actually done it. In fact, Kesler's career high, prior to this year, was 26 goals. Only 3 more than Weber's career high of 23.

Weber has won a GOLD medal, and was considered by many to be Canada's best defenseman in the tournament. He's a rock defensively, can PP a QB, and is, like your friend Kesler, an all-star.

Vancouver may not be willing to trade him, but don't act all high and mighty like he has some value that Weber doesn't. The point was just being made that it would take something of that magnitude for Nashville to move Weber. If you read the whole thread, rather than just responded to the title, you'd see that this is all based on a baseless rumor with zero credibility. For giggles, create a poll and ask fans of all 30 teams who they'd rather have...Weber or Kesler....I guarantee it's a lopsided poll in favor of Weber, and I say that as a big fan of RK and team USA.

Old
01-19-2011, 05:37 PM
Johnsie19

Weber is way better than Suter. Its hard to believe people don't see that. He is the captain for one, he gets more points, more hits, plays with more of an edge, etc. Anyway he's a BC boy so why not come home to Van.

Old
01-19-2011, 05:40 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsie19 View Post
Weber is way better than Suter. Its hard to believe people don't see that. He is the captain for one, he gets more points, more hits, plays with more of an edge, etc. Anyway he's a BC boy so why not come home to Van.
That's why nobody really focuses on Suter being the better of the two, because Weber always puts up the pretty stats.

Old
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Hungus View Post
While Weber is worth a star forward like Kesler they probably wouldn't get a return like that back. How many times does a star player leave an organization and bring back another star player in return? If recent history is continues it would be a package of quality roster players, prospects and picks. If Weber does leave Nashville I doubt that Nashville fans will be thrilled with the return.
Your right, but players of the caliber of Weber or Suter only get moved if there is a reason such as player won't sign with team, player is unhappy and requests trade etc. None of those things apply at this moment. So your damn right, right now it would take an overpayment or equal type of player such as in Vancouver's case, Kesler.

Until either Poile or Weber's camp comes out with a "Houston, we have a problem" type of quote or somebody legitimate reports this stuff then I'll start really being worried. Of course that isn't going to stop HF from wild unfounded speculation and dumb trade proposals. But that is to be expected.

Old
Johnsie19

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Kesler has neither won a Selke trophy, nor has he scored 40 goals. You don't "become" those things until you've actually done it. In fact, Kesler's career high, prior to this year, was 26 goals. Only 3 more than Weber's career high of 23.

Weber has won a GOLD medal, and was considered by many to be Canada's best defenseman in the tournament. He's a rock defensively, can PP a QB, and is, like your friend Kesler, an all-star.

Vancouver may not be willing to trade him, but don't act all high and mighty like he has some value that Weber doesn't. The point was just being made that it would take something of that magnitude for Nashville to move Weber. If you read the whole thread, rather than just responded to the title, you'd see that this is all based on a baseless rumor with zero credibility. For giggles, create a poll and ask fans of all 30 teams who they'd rather have...Weber or Kesler....I guarantee it's a lopsided poll in favor of Weber, and I say that as a big fan of RK and team USA.
Ill take Kesler

Old
01-19-2011, 06:06 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsie19 View Post
You sir are wrong....Suter>Weber

Old
01-19-2011, 06:13 PM
Moobles

I don't even know why some Canucks are on here. Yeah, Nashville's going to want a very good return for a player like Weber, how is that hard to believe? It would probably cost us an arm and a leg. They wanted Hodgson and a 1st+ for a few months of Hamhuis last year. But if the situations were reversed and they were inquiring into Kesler, who do you think we'd ask for? Weber and keep adding sounds about right.

It's just trade negotiations in this horrible market we got going on in the NHL. Trying to make the best out of any deal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

That'd put an end to the debate, hfboards wisdom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck
For giggles, create a poll and ask fans of all 30 teams who they'd rather have...Weber or Kesler....I guarantee it's a lopsided poll in favor of Weber, and I say that as a big fan of RK and team USA.

Old
01-19-2011, 06:39 PM
Nedved1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post

stop insulting our intelligence .

Kesler is rated the 6th best player in the entire NHL right now . As in today as we speak. Weber is 34th

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?ID=10467

Nobody trades Kesler for Weber. Weber and Colin Wilson maybe.

Think about this. We got Hamhuis for free .

Old
01-19-2011, 06:42 PM
Nedved1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moobles View Post
I don't even know why some Canucks are on here. Yeah, Nashville's going to want a very good return for a player like Weber, how is that hard to believe? It would probably cost us an arm and a leg. They wanted Hodgson and a 1st+ for a few months of Hamhuis last year. But if the situations were reversed and they were inquiring into Kesler, who do you think we'd ask for? Weber and keep adding sounds about right.

It's just trade negotiations in this horrible market we got going on in the NHL. Trying to make the best out of any deal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

That'd put an end to the debate, hfboards wisdom.
Nashville wanted that . Canucks told him to shove it.

Then we got Hamhuis for free. I thought that was funny.

Old
01-19-2011, 06:45 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:

Kesler is rated the 6th best player in the entire NHL right now . As in today as we speak. Weber is 34th

Those ratings are from TSN.comfantasy that means almost nothing, unless you do fantasy hockey. What does Vancouver signing Hamhuis in the offseason have to do with any of this?

Old
01-19-2011, 06:49 PM
predfan24

Quote:

God, I hope you realize those are fantasy rankings.

Can't argue with an article from TSN about FANTASY rankings now can I?

As for the bolded, Would you like a cookie? Hamhuis wanted to become a UFA. He's a great guy and a good player. I'm glad he got his big pay day and is able to play near his home. Are Preds fans supposed to feel bad you signed him as a UFA?

I'll stop feeding the trolls now......

Old
01-19-2011, 06:49 PM
66-29-33

I'd love to have Weber on the Pens! not that we need D....But it would likely cost Letang++.

Old
01-19-2011, 06:50 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:

Ok so tsn FANTASY RANKINGS says Kesler is 6th best in the NHL so that means he is 6th? Hellz no. Weber is a top dman and is worth more than Kesler. Franchise Dmen are hard to find and Kesler is not a franchise forward yet. He def has the potential to be and if he keeps this play up yes he will be. And no way we would add Wilson, that would be way to much. Wilson is probably more untradeable than Weber. And you got an overpayed Hamhuis as a UFA.... congrats

Some of these offers are getting old, terrible offers and coming mostly from VAN fans. Just because they dont want to believe that Weber loves it here in NSH and wants to play here and not in Canada.

Old
01-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:

In fantasy hockey rankings, forwards are virtually always more highly rated than comparable level defensemen.

The reverse is true in actual trade deals.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
01-19-2011, 06:57 PM
Nedved1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Those ratings are from TSN.comfantasy that means almost nothing, unless you do fantasy hockey. What does Vancouver signing Hamhuis in the offseason have to do with any of this?

Those rankings mean NOTHING ? lol. Again, because YOU SAY SO ?

They got the Hart trophy guy - Crosby as first , Vezina guy Thomas as second, and 50 goal guy Stamkos as third, Daniel Sedin 4th

The rankings are pretty accurate for what is happening in the here and now.

Old
01-19-2011, 07:11 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Those rankings mean NOTHING ? lol. Again, because YOU SAY SO ?

They got the Hart trophy guy - Crosby as first , Vezina guy Thomas as second, and 50 goal guy Stamkos as third, Daniel Sedin 4th

The rankings are pretty accurate for what is happening in the here and now.
Dude...just stop. Please. Your making a fool of yourself.

Old
01-19-2011, 07:15 PM
Nedved1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Dude...just stop. Please. Your making a fool of yourself.
Again, because YOU say so?

Stop trolling the the board *****.

Old
01-19-2011, 07:22 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Again, because YOU say so?

Stop trolling the the board *****.
Im not trolling. Im trying to help you from getting trolled. Your acting like Kesler is a bonafide Superstar. Hes a star no doubt. But he isnt worth more than Weber. Read my other post cause Im not typing more.

Old
01-19-2011, 07:29 PM
Doctor No
Mod Supervisor
Retired?

We're done.

Closed Thread