HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#48 - 01.19.2011 | Toronto Maple Leafs @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG PLUS (HD)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-19-2011, 04:43 PM
  #101
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823
 
Blatant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: @blatantlacrosse
Posts: 2,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
Rangers are gonna lose this one tonight. 3-1, more likely 3-0.
Come on, why so negative all the time?

Blatant is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 04:53 PM
  #102
Osminator
Registered User
 
Osminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 4,486
vCash: 50
ESPN America subscribers (at least in Europe) rejoice!!! )))))) They have decided to shove College sports where the sun don't shine and are showing Rangers @ Maple Leafs tonight!!! WOOOHOOO!

Osminator is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 04:53 PM
  #103
Blueblood 2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 874
vCash: 500
Lgr!!

Blueblood 2 is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 04:57 PM
  #104
Swedish Fish
CONQUERED
 
Swedish Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,078
vCash: 500
Let's win this for Dubi.......and the next 11

Swedish Fish is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 05:01 PM
  #105
FOXHOUND*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodside, Queens
Country: United States
Posts: 3,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan1823 View Post
Come on, why so negative all the time?
dubinsky out and the team is just not that good as they would have you believe. just being honest.

FOXHOUND* is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 05:02 PM
  #106
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
dubinsky out and the team is just not that good as they would have you believe. just being honest.
And how good would they have us believe that they are?

Seems like a sort of an abstract criticism.

__________________
"I have something better than proof: I have anecdotal evidence."
Fitzy is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 05:05 PM
  #107
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 56,243
vCash: 300
If some people's predictions here were actually correct, we'd either be 82-0 or 0-82.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 05:10 PM
  #108
FOXHOUND*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodside, Queens
Country: United States
Posts: 3,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
And how good would they have us believe that they are?

Seems like a sort of an abstract criticism.
Well you see them play a game against the caps and win 7-0, or beat the best team in the league by shutout, To which people on this board respond with "We want the cup" threads and saying stuff like "wow we have a really good team" ect ect
...and then they get shut out by a team like the panthers, or they fail to show up for a game they NEED to win.

this team tricks people into thinking they are good by playing out of their minds some nights but they just dont have it in them to do it consistently, which is why even if they do make the playoffs this year, they'll be 1 and done.

FOXHOUND* is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 05:11 PM
  #109
Provolone*
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 903
vCash: 500
Uggh. Just heard the Dubi injury on the WFAN. Part of me would rather throw Gilroy at forward, rather than playing Weise and bring up MDZ or Valantenko for D.

Provolone* is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 05:16 PM
  #110
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,949
vCash: 500
Man this is going to be an interesting process until first Cally and now Dubi get back. I may get the wind knocked out of me but, I think the kids will respond to this.

This is an opportunity for people to step forward and take a leadership role. I really expect that from people like Staal and Stepan. I think Drury has got to be a much more visible presence on the ice than he has been.

Drop the frickin puck and lets just do this thing.

LGR!!!!

Pizza is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 05:19 PM
  #111
AJRanger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Essex
Country: England
Posts: 2,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
ESPN America subscribers (at least in Europe) rejoice!!! )))))) They have decided to shove College sports where the sun don't shine and are showing Rangers @ Maple Leafs tonight!!! WOOOHOOO!
Really? Hadn't even noticed. Sense, at last.

AJRanger is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 05:22 PM
  #112
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823
 
Blatant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: @blatantlacrosse
Posts: 2,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
Well you see them play a game against the caps and win 7-0, or beat the best team in the league by shutout, To which people on this board respond with "We want the cup" threads and saying stuff like "wow we have a really good team" ect ect
...and then they get shut out by a team like the panthers, or they fail to show up for a game they NEED to win.

this team tricks people into thinking they are good by playing out of their minds some nights but they just dont have it in them to do it consistently, which is why even if they do make the playoffs this year, they'll be 1 and done.
I do agree that the team itself leads you to believe that they are better than they are. But getting shut put by Fla, and losing 1 goal games to MTL, and PHI, does not mean this team stinks.

We will see what they are made of with the injuries. Lets just try to finish off the month well, and get some well needed rest during the all-star break.

Lets go rangers!

Blatant is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 05:23 PM
  #113
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard
 
Wraparounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,381
vCash: 500
Dubi's injury hurts... a lot. Hopefully we can pull through until the All-Star break.

Wraparounds is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 05:24 PM
  #114
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
Well you see them play a game against the caps and win 7-0, or beat the best team in the league by shutout, To which people on this board respond with "We want the cup" threads and saying stuff like "wow we have a really good team" ect ect
...and then they get shut out by a team like the panthers, or they fail to show up for a game they NEED to win.

this team tricks people into thinking they are good by playing out of their minds some nights but they just dont have it in them to do it consistently, which is why even if they do make the playoffs this year, they'll be 1 and done.
It shows two things: They can beat the best teams and they're inconsistent in certain games. But when they lose, it's not like they're getting blown out.

You're not going to win them all. Doesn't matter if you play bottom dwelling teams night in and night out.

Florida Ranger is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 05:25 PM
  #115
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
Well you see them play a game against the caps and win 7-0, or beat the best team in the league by shutout, To which people on this board respond with "We want the cup" threads and saying stuff like "wow we have a really good team" ect ect
...and then they get shut out by a team like the panthers, or they fail to show up for a game they NEED to win.

this team tricks people into thinking they are good by playing out of their minds some nights but they just dont have it in them to do it consistently, which is why even if they do make the playoffs this year, they'll be 1 and done.
You have a point, but I think all good teams go through inconsistent stretches. Look at Pittsburgh and Washington and their ups and downs.

Im not ready to say they'll be a first round out in the playoffs, especially until I get an idea of who they might play in the playoffs. Aside from Philidelphia and Pittsburgh, I think we have a pretty decent chance against any other team in the league, when our game is on.

By the trade deadline we (Hopefully) might be damn close to healthy with Dubi, Cally, and EC back, and maybe we're a PMD acquisition away from a decent playoffs. Isnt much fun to count a team in playoff position out 48 games into the season.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 05:27 PM
  #116
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823
 
Blatant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: @blatantlacrosse
Posts: 2,264
vCash: 500
Foxhound I have nothing against you, but I just dont know how you have a good time being a sports fan. I guess you take the Vince Vaughn in dodge ball approach.

But, teams at all levels do what you were talking about. They play to their opponents level. Its hard not to do it, and its why good teams lose to bad teams, and why bad teams outplay good teams.

Blatant is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 05:29 PM
  #117
FOXHOUND*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodside, Queens
Country: United States
Posts: 3,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan1823 View Post
I do agree that the team itself leads you to believe that they are better than they are. But getting shut put by Fla, and losing 1 goal games to MTL, and PHI, does not mean this team stinks.

We will see what they are made of with the injuries. Lets just try to finish off the month well, and get some well needed rest during the all-star break.

Lets go rangers!
Those games are a small sample set, but even calling them "1 goal games" is masking what they really are. They weren't nearly as close as that implies. and even so, thats just a small sample set. There are also a myriad of other games played this season that had "same old rangers" written all over it.

I hope they prove me wrong, I pray they do. I think this team has the right mindset. they know who they want to be and they know where they want to go. but they just don't have the tools to get there yet.

LGR though, always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA
It shows two things: They can beat the best teams and they're inconsistent in certain games.
And that inconsistency is what will keep them from ever achieving anything of importance...the sign of a mediocre team. which in my book, isn't good.

FOXHOUND* is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 05:31 PM
  #118
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
And that inconsistency is what will keep them from ever achieving anything of importance...the sign of a mediocre team. which in my book, isn't good.
Fair enough.

Florida Ranger is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 05:32 PM
  #119
Cmox
Registered User
 
Cmox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Queens,NY
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
Heritage Jersey

Cmox is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 05:34 PM
  #120
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
Heritage Jersey
Aren't they supposed to wear them against Original 6 teams at home?

****.

Florida Ranger is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 05:34 PM
  #121
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823
 
Blatant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: @blatantlacrosse
Posts: 2,264
vCash: 500
Oh yeah, Heritage jersey's!!

HAHA please lets take the 7-0 approach

Blatant is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 05:36 PM
  #122
mrhockey193195
Registered User
 
mrhockey193195's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,335
vCash: 500
Big game by Gabby. Bank on it.

mrhockey193195 is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 05:36 PM
  #123
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823
 
Blatant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: @blatantlacrosse
Posts: 2,264
vCash: 500
Sunday games, and Original 6 opponents. Only at home.

And ooof, 2 for 32 on the PP in the last 10 games.

Blatant is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 05:37 PM
  #124
Cmox
Registered User
 
Cmox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Queens,NY
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
16 goals in 10 games ..oooooooof

Cmox is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 05:39 PM
  #125
FOXHOUND*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodside, Queens
Country: United States
Posts: 3,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY
You have a point, but I think all good teams go through inconsistent stretches. Look at Pittsburgh and Washington and their ups and downs.

Im not ready to say they'll be a first round out in the playoffs, especially until I get an idea of who they might play in the playoffs. Aside from Philidelphia and Pittsburgh, I think we have a pretty decent chance against any other team in the league, when our game is on.

By the trade deadline we (Hopefully) might be damn close to healthy with Dubi, Cally, and EC back, and maybe we're a PMD acquisition away from a decent playoffs. Isnt much fun to count a team in playoff position out 48 games into the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan1823 View Post
Foxhound I have nothing against you, but I just dont know how you have a good time being a sports fan. I guess you take the Vince Vaughn in dodge ball approach.

But, teams at all levels do what you were talking about. They play to their opponents level. Its hard not to do it, and its why good teams lose to bad teams, and why bad teams outplay good teams.
It's a cross I bear. Nothing against you either of course. Id just rather not be disappointed. Id rather be surprised by them winning a game. And then if they lose I dont have to stew about it because i consigned myself to the fact that they were gonna lose anyway.

I know all teams have inconsistant stretches, but look at the personal on this team compared to the ones you are mentioning...not comparable. If the rangers went on to lose 10 in a row nobody would bat an eye because they expect it. Those teams they expect them to because they are great teams. Nobody expects the Rangers do well for a reason. Right now, they are overachieivng.

It's also the fact that they can't win a big game. I said it in another gameday thread that last week, one of their toughest weeks of the season, i thought they'd go 0-4, because when the going gets tough, the rangers seem to go somewhere else. Last week would have been a way to prove that they could come up big. i was off by 1, a game which they won by scoring only 1 goal. Don't get me wrong, i was impressed by that win. But I'm always looking ahead. The islanders don't play in the playoffs. The Flyers do. if they can't beat them now it just doesn't seem likely they'll do it when it's most important.

anyways, i hope they win tonight, and i hope maybe the dubi injury brings them closer together. but my cynical self just doesn't see it. Ill save my cynicism until after the game, if it's warranted. and again, i hope it's not.

FOXHOUND* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.