HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Weber to Anaheim

Old
01-19-2011, 05:59 PM
sammyp

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sammyp
Weber to Anaheim

I don't think Weber is going anywhere, but I'll chime in with a proposal considering the rumors floating around.

To Anaheim:
Shea Weber
J.P. Dumont

To Nashville:
Joffrey Lupul
Jake Gardiner
Emerson Etem
Dan Sexton
2012 1st Round Pick
2011 3rd Round Pick

sammyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 06:02 PM
Ross Rhea
Nathan Flomm

nashville is close to being cup contenders, so they're not gonna trade their best player for prospects. think bobby ryan.

Ross Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 06:03 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
One of Perry Getzlaf and Ryan will have to be coming back.

Weber for Perry and Fowler?

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 06:12 PM
sammyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widmore View Post
nashville is close to being cup contenders, so they're not gonna trade their best player for prospects. think bobby ryan.
Nashville isn't a cup contender at this point. Their best player is an RFA this summer and there's going to be a ******** of pressure on them to lock him up before the rest of the league can sign him to an offer sheet. Lupul and Sexton are pieces that step straight into Nashville's lineup and they also receive a Hobey Baker candidate who is absolutely shredding NCAA competition this year in Gardiner. Not to mention Emerson Etem and a couple picks.

Old
01-19-2011, 06:12 PM
sammyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Seriously?

Old
01-19-2011, 06:13 PM
kamosko
Ginger Jesus

vCash: 50
I think Weber for Perry and Fowler would be a little too much. Probably more something like Weber plus picks/prospects for Perry plus picks/prospects. I don't see a trade happening for Weber anytime soon though with Anaheim

kamosko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 06:14 PM
Ross Rhea
Nathan Flomm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyp View Post
Nashville isn't a cup contender at this point. Their best player is an RFA this summer and there's going to be a ******** of pressure on them to lock him up before the rest of the league can sign him to an offer sheet. Lupul and Sexton are pieces that step straight into Nashville's lineup and they also receive a Hobey Baker candidate who is absolutely shredding NCAA competition this year in Gardiner. Not to mention Emerson Etem and a couple picks.

also you missed the part where i said "close" to being a cup contender

Ross Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 06:15 PM
Remember2004

Quote:

Franson and Weber for Perry?

Thought so

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 06:17 PM
sammyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamosko99 View Post
I think Weber for Perry and Fowler would be a little too much. Probably more something like Weber plus picks/prospects for Perry plus picks/prospects. I don't see a trade happening for Weber anytime soon though with Anaheim
Trades involving a teams best player for another teams best player never happen. Ever. Weber for Perry isn't going to happen. Anaheim isn't trading Corey Perry -- he's locked up at an amazing price until the summer of 2013.

Weber's value is sky high right now. I'm sure that Nashville will do everything they can to lock him up before he becomes an RFA. But, it's certainly possible that he's moved. And I think the original proposal is close to fair value.

Old
01-19-2011, 06:20 PM
sammyp

Quote:

also you missed the part where i said "close" to being a cup contender
What was laughable about that?

No, I didn't miss it. I disagree that they are close to being cup contenders. They have a decent shot at making the playoffs, but there's no chance they make it far without significant improvements on offense.

Old
01-19-2011, 06:24 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Weber and Erat for Ryan and Fowler and a 2nd

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 06:28 PM
Nedved1*

Quote:
Yes they are. They only need 5 more superstars and they will be right there.

Nedved1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 06:39 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

Weber for Ryan seems pretty fair.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 06:39 PM
Mhoogasian94123

Quote:
I don't think Weber is going anywhere, but I'll chime in with a proposal considering the rumors floating around.

To Anaheim:
Shea Weber
J.P. Dumont

To Nashville:
Joffrey Lupul
Jake Gardiner
Emerson Etem
Dan Sexton
2012 1st Round Pick
2011 3rd Round Pick
Take Lupul out of this. Chris Pronger isn't involved in this trade.

Mhoogasian94123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:02 PM
Paul4587

If Weber is being traded, one of Perry/Ryan/Getzlaf is going back. Of the three, I would only give up Ryan but more would need to be added to balance out the deal.

The best offer I could see the ducks giving is something like Ryan, Gardiner/Etem & Mara/Lilja/Sutton (one needs to be moved for roster reasons) for Weber & Dumont.

Provided Weber shows interest in signing a medium term deal in Anaheim that is.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:03 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:

I wouldn't trade Fowler straight up for Weber. He is almost a top pairing d-man already and he is only 19.

McDonald19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:07 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

I think unless Nashville was rebuilding and would take a package of prospects and 1st round picks I don't see it happening. The Ducks would part with any young player not named Fowler. Maybe Sbisa, Etem, 1st round pick + roster player like Lupul + ?

Ducks won't trade Getzlaf, Perry or Ryan for Weber.

McDonald19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:16 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

ill pass on Sbisa

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:20 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
Nashville's a constant playoff contender. We need to be adding parts not subtracting them and replacing them with third liners. It wouldn't make sense for us to trade our best players for Joffrey freakin Lupul and a bunch of prospects. We aren't rebuilding.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:20 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19 View Post
I think unless Nashville was rebuilding and would take a package of prospects and 1st round picks I don't see it happening. The Ducks would part with any young player not named Fowler. Maybe Sbisa, Etem, 1st round pick + roster player like Lupul + ?

Ducks won't trade Getzlaf, Perry or Ryan for Weber.
I'm sure they would trade Ryan for him. Weber is a franchise defenseman who is only 25. Ryan has a lot of untapped potential but has serious consistency issues holding him back from being a consistent 40 goal, 80 point scorer.

Old
01-19-2011, 07:24 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
I'm sure they would trade Ryan for him. Weber is a franchise defenseman who is only 25. Ryan has a lot of untapped potential but has serious consistency issues holding him back from being a consistent 40 goal, 80 point scorer.
Don't be silly, we all know Ryan is going to Toronto

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:39 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
I don't know. Seems to me like you are either underrating Ryan or overrating Weber. I don't think Weber is that much closer to being a proven "franchise" player. He has played on a perfectly working pair in an amazingly consistent system for a long time. It would be interesting to see him elsewhere - but I am not going to hold my breath for that.

I agree with the Preds fans that said they aren't rebuilding. They obviously aren't, and even though people always emphasize how they could need a star forward, losing one of their top2 d-men would hurt them more, in my opinion. So I really don't see them considering trading Weber or Suter anytime too soon.

At the same time, we know the Ducks could really need that one more top-4 defenseman, but I'm not thrilled about our offense were we to give up Ryan. I think both clubs are better off looking at less spectacular, more realistic fixes for their respective needs, instead of switching plugs from one hole to the next.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:51 PM
PredsFanFromla

Quote:

To Anaheim:
Shea Weber
J.P. Dumont

To Nashville:
Joffrey Lupul
Jake Gardiner
Emerson Etem
Dan Sexton
2012 1st Round Pick
2011 3rd Round Pick

you are right weber is not going anywhere.it was a false rumor about shea weber wanting to leave nashville.

PredsFanFromla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:13 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
I don't know. Seems to me like you are either underrating Ryan or overrating Weber. I don't think Weber is that much closer to being a proven "franchise" player. He has played on a perfectly working pair in an amazingly consistent system for a long time. It would be interesting to see him elsewhere - but I am not going to hold my breath for that.
I'm definitely not underrating Ryan, I'm probably overrating Weber a bit. I see him as a top 10 d-man in the league who should only get better. I rate Suter even higher than Weber though and attribute the majority of Nashville's success to those two.

Old
01-19-2011, 09:34 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:
You get bonus points for trying to convince another teams' fans that trading their best player for potential will actual improve their team now.

Finlandia WOAT is offline   Reply With Quote