HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NAS@CHI 1/16/11 6PM CST The "Do it again" edition

Old
01-18-2011, 11:44 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
I think that is the problem we don't have anyone who can pair with Weber other than Suter therefore is the reason for the start of this particular issue. We need another Veteran D
I think the guy with the suter skill set the brass may not think is big enough yet in blum. you hear about how smart suter is, how he has escapability in tight situations, how he is a slick puck mover---the same things you hear about blum.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 06:38 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I think the guy with the suter skill set the brass may not think is big enough yet in blum. you hear about how smart suter is, how he has escapability in tight situations, how he is a slick puck mover---the same things you hear about blum.
I also think the problem there is they're both right handed shots. If Blum was a lefty he might already be in Nashville. I know you're high on Blum and I think he'll be a solid player for us but I think Josi is going to be better than both Blum and Ellis. I remember watching Josi at camp and he plays a very similar style to Suter. Very controlled, smooth, head up, seeing the entire ice, doesn't get frazzled.

I think at some point we have to move one of the three and I don't think it's Josi. I think when all is said and done, Blum or Ellis will move on because if we have all three of them in the lineup, we become very small on the blue line. I also have to say, as much as we ripped on Franson for being soft, he's really stepped it up lately and shown a lot more physicality so if he keeps playing the way he has, he's going to be around for a while. Bouillon will be gone after his contract runs out, SOB may or may not be back next year, someone is going to have to fill in. That leaves two spots for Sulzer, Ellis, Josi and Blum. Who makes it from amongst those 4 is a good guess but one or two of them will need to be moved.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:30 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

I don't know if we would have to move any of them short term.. long term, yeah. can't have weber, suter, franson, blum, ellis, and josi all making good cash. and that klein guy too. I would like to think the plan would be to split weber and suter againa t some point---next year. one problem is too, weber, franson, klein, and ellis all play the right side. I don't remember what side blum and josi play, but I though someone said they were paored in mil, so one plays the right side too. I do not think ellis is gonna go anywhere anytime soon-the kid is a winner and this org loves those kinds of guys. So whomever plays the right side of blum and josi may be the one to go.

Old
01-19-2011, 01:06 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
I don't know if we would have to move any of them short term.. long term, yeah. can't have weber, suter, franson, blum, ellis, and josi all making good cash. and that klein guy too. I would like to think the plan would be to split weber and suter againa t some point---next year. one problem is too, weber, franson, klein, and ellis all play the right side. I don't remember what side blum and josi play, but I though someone said they were paored in mil, so one plays the right side too. I do not think ellis is gonna go anywhere anytime soon-the kid is a winner and this org loves those kinds of guys. So whomever plays the right side of blum and josi may be the one to go.
Your boy would be the one to go then as Blum is the right handed guy there.

Old
01-19-2011, 05:26 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Your boy would be the one to go then as Blum is the right handed guy there.
sometimes I really hate you. ..l..

Old
01-19-2011, 07:46 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
sometimes I really hate you. ..l..
Dude, I don't want him to go either. Unless we learn to play 7 defensemen, someone is probably gonna have to go. Franson is improving. Klein is a good number 3 right now. Weber and Suter are well, Weber and Suter. That leaves two slots open. We've got 3 right handed shots already, we either go with 5 right handed shots or 4 right handed shots. If we go with 5 then Josi goes and I think that's a huge mistake. That's just me though. At this point, I'd go with Josi and Blum, let Ellis step up a level and see how he does in Milwaukee.

At the end of the day, it probably won't matter much. SOB is probably gone after this year, Sulzer moves up a notch on the depth chart. Blum then becomes the permascratch. Josi and Ellis become the top pairing in Milwaukee. Bouillon leaves the next year, Blum moves up, then the competition for the permascratch is between Josi and Ellis. I think Klein may be up the following year so it goes on and on. Then we have COR in the pipeline as well. Unless Suter leaves or other guys are moved earlier, we really won't see any of these guys any time soon. Not a bad problem to have but at some point, we need to make spots for these guys because they are too good to be playing in the AHL.

I don't think any are ready right this second but in a year or two they will be.

Old
01-19-2011, 09:45 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Dude, I don't want him to go either. Unless we learn to play 7 defensemen, someone is probably gonna have to go. Franson is improving. Klein is a good number 3 right now. Weber and Suter are well, Weber and Suter. That leaves two slots open. We've got 3 right handed shots already, we either go with 5 right handed shots or 4 right handed shots. If we go with 5 then Josi goes and I think that's a huge mistake. That's just me though. At this point, I'd go with Josi and Blum, let Ellis step up a level and see how he does in Milwaukee.

At the end of the day, it probably won't matter much. SOB is probably gone after this year, Sulzer moves up a notch on the depth chart. Blum then becomes the permascratch. Josi and Ellis become the top pairing in Milwaukee. Bouillon leaves the next year, Blum moves up, then the competition for the permascratch is between Josi and Ellis. I think Klein may be up the following year so it goes on and on. Then we have COR in the pipeline as well. Unless Suter leaves or other guys are moved earlier, we really won't see any of these guys any time soon. Not a bad problem to have but at some point, we need to make spots for these guys because they are too good to be playing in the AHL.

I don't think any are ready right this second but in a year or two they will be.

maybe in person with a few expletives and a smile you would know what i meant. i am just trying to put off reality in my own head.

Old
01-20-2011, 12:39 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

The only two guys who could realistically go contractually are Sulzer and Laakso. Right now; next year's roster has

Weber-Suter
Klein-Boullion
Franson-

Blum could be an option, Josi needs another year, Ellis is a freak show. COR needs two years in the land of brewing.

Nashville RIGHT NOW, has a phenomenal GA stat and PK wise they are fine. Would I be shocked if they moved a Franson or a Klein to get Blum or Ellis in Nashville? Not really. I look at the above and I'm pretty satisfied with that. Are there any left handed shots a UFAs on the cheap next year?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 01:14 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
The only two guys who could realistically go contractually are Sulzer and Laakso. Right now; next year's roster has

Weber-Suter
Klein-Boullion
Franson-

Blum could be an option, Josi needs another year, Ellis is a freak show. COR needs two years in the land of brewing.

Nashville RIGHT NOW, has a phenomenal GA stat and PK wise they are fine. Would I be shocked if they moved a Franson or a Klein to get Blum or Ellis in Nashville? Not really. I look at the above and I'm pretty satisfied with that. Are there any left handed shots a UFAs on the cheap next year?
we are effectivley going to have to replace a left dman. accordding to glenn, josi is the left dman in the josi/blum pair.

Old
01-20-2011, 01:17 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post

Weber-Suter
Klein-Boullion
Franson-

I wonder about COR's status in the organization. He's regressed since being drafted, he went on Montreal radio after training camp and badmouthed Kostitsyn's effort in training camp...just kind of makes you wonder what Poile thinks of all that.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 06:01 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
we are effectivley going to have to replace a left dman. accordding to glenn, josi is the left dman in the josi/blum pair.
Not just according to me, but to all of the NHL websites too.