HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dallas / Toronto

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2011, 08:21 PM
scoots 70

vCash: 500
Dallas / Toronto

My First proposal so I know it will be bad ...... be gentle , thought I'd start with an oldie but a goodie !

To Toronto

Ribeiro
Niskanen
Bachman

To Dallas

Kaberle
Bozak
Gustafsson

Toronto gets a number one productive center and a young defenceman to replace Kaberle as well as a developing/promising goalie to play in the minors next year with Rynnas, bringing Reimer up and sign a cheap reliable experienced goalie in the offseason to play with Reimer.

Dallas gets the power play quarterback and puck moving defenceman they badly lack and get Bozak as a replacement for Ribiero ( I know not as good but with a chance to get better ). They also get a young goalie with promise that they were interested in as a free agent in the first place to play with Lehtonen and still have Beskorowany and Campbell developing in the Ahl .
I may be on weed but I think this works cap wise too........
Go crazy , punish me if you will ............

Last edited by scoots 70: 01-19-2011 at 08:31 PM. Reason: players in wrong order , my bad
Old
01-19-2011, 08:23 PM
seanlinden

1. Who is Bachman?
2. Riberio to Toronto is a non-starter.
3. Tomas Kaberle has repeatedly stated he will not waive his NTC.

Old
01-19-2011, 08:30 PM
scoots 70

Bachman is 3-5 on the Stars goaltending depth chart , currently playing in the AHL
4th rnd pick 2006 currently 14-9-2 with Texas

Ribiero is a player that Dallas could give up to improve thier defence immensly and as stated get a young center with upside and potential in return.

Kaberle has twice given a list of teams he would consider waiving for once the Leafs were out of the playoff picture. Dallas being a contending team run by a friend and former teammate , he may consider waiving for them ( ya never know ).

Old
01-19-2011, 08:33 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Dallas has no need for Gustavsson.

Lehtonen, Raycroft doing quite well with the Stars

Bachman, Beskorowany and Campbell in the system.

We also have no need for Bozak, who's going through a sub-par second year.

Kaberle fills a need, but is also a pending UFA and I highly doubt he'd stick around, meaning he's not someone for whom I'd be willing to give up a near-ppg center in Ribeiro

01-19-2011, 08:34 PM
leafempire187

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
1. Who is Bachman?
2. Riberio to Toronto is a non-starter.
3. Tomas Kaberle has repeatedly stated he will not waive his NTC.
i think joey could work something out with him IMO

Old
01-19-2011, 08:38 PM
scoots 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Dallas has no need for Gustavsson.

Lehtonen, Raycroft doing quite well with the Stars

Bachman, Beskorowany and Campbell in the system.

We also have no need for Bozak, who's going through a sub-par second year.

Kaberle fills a need, but is also a pending UFA and I highly doubt he'd stick around, meaning he's not someone for whom I'd be willing to give up a near-ppg center in Ribeiro
Dallas is good enough to win .....with a # 1 defenceman , Joe could possibly even convince him to stay .
Raycroft never stays anywhere past a year ( I think it's a new law ) so next year Lehtonen/Gustafsson with Beskorowany/ Campbell in the Ahl.
Sub Par yes , potential...also yes.
Ribiero had sub par years too.

Old
piqued
Global Moderator
victory green?

vCash: 27750
No, Ribeiro is an integral part of the team, even moreso if Richards is lost to UFA.

Raycroft is signed through next season and isn't going anywhere.

Old
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoots 70 View Post
Bachman is 3-5 on the Stars goaltending depth chart , currently playing in the AHL
4th rnd pick 2006 currently 14-9-2 with Texas

Ribiero is a player that Dallas could give up to improve thier defence immensly and as stated get a young center with upside and potential in return.

Kaberle has twice given a list of teams he would consider waiving for once the Leafs were out of the playoff picture. Dallas being a contending team run by a friend and former teammate , he may consider waiving for them ( ya never know ).
Then why is Bachman going to dallas? Toronto also places absolutely no value on getting an AHL goaltender. Next year they will almost definitely have Rynnas & Scrivens there, while problably drafting one this year.

Riberio is reputed diver and that reputation goes 100% against the philosophy with which Burke is trying to build his team.

The most recent we've heard on Kaberle is that he will not waive his NTC and Burke will not ask him to waive it. Even when he did waive his NTC 2 years ago, there were no western teams on it.

Old
01-19-2011, 08:41 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Riberio is reputed diver and that reputation goes 100% against the philosophy with which Burke is trying to build his team.
Modo...what did I say about Laff-tards?

Old
01-19-2011, 08:45 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
victory green?

vCash: 27750
Oh, almost forgot:

Old
01-19-2011, 08:47 PM
scoots 70

Quote:
Then why is Bachman going to dallas? Toronto also places absolutely no value on getting an AHL goaltender. Next year they will almost definitely have Rynnas & Scrivens there, while problably drafting one this year.

The most recent we've heard on Kaberle is that he will not waive his NTC and Burke will not ask him to waive it. Even when he did waive his NTC 2 years ago, there were no western teams on it.
I made the edit , mixed up Monster and Bachman.
never know Rynnas could be up with Reimer or Scrivens another year in the ECHL.
Ribiero has a rep as a diver and yes Burke goes against that , but he is also a ppg possible #1 center which Burke also evidently goes against since he has been here...and Toronto so badly needs.
There were no west teams but he has also never had a former teammate become a GM until now.

Old
01-19-2011, 08:48 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Oh, almost forgot:

And circle gets the square.

This thread isn't going to get any better.

*click*

Closed Thread