HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van-NJ

Old
01-19-2011, 09:11 PM
Csonked Out

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsie19 View Post
To Vancouver
Parise

To NJ
Schneider
Bieksa (Rights to)
Raymond

Off season deal

You want Parise

We want Ehrhoff, Schroeder, and a 1st

See how rediculous my proposal was......think before posting

Csonked Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:12 PM
Johnsie19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Whites Eye View Post
again, Schneider does not have as much value as you all think he does.

goalies trade value is way down
Fair enough thats why you add Bieksa (who would become NJ's best defenseman), Raymond(top 6 fwd) and Hodgson (potential top line center)

Johnsie19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:12 PM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

PADevil3034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:15 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Ahh so a league worst -27 isn't playing bad. And I don't know if you've noticed but players from different countries tend to have different characteristics. Russians in general are highly skilled, unmotivated, selfish players. Now that is just a general rule, because we all know Datsyuk is one of the best players ever but I could name 10 to every one exception. Kovy, Ovi, Kovalev, Semin, zherdev, frolov, filotov, samsonov, afinagenov, etc. I could be mistaken but I think only kovavlev has one a stanley cup out of this group.
Congrats on looking up his stats and like every other ill-informed idiot, jumped to a conclusion. He's having an off year, yes, but it's not entirely his fault as much as it is lack of talent on the team as a whole in combination to terrible coaching early in the year.

By the way, you named some pretty lame Russians. Zherdev and Frolov? What about Malkin, a Conn Smythe MVP? Pavel Bure? Sergei Fedorov? Gonchar? Last I checked, there's plenty of talented Russian hockey players.

While it's stereotypical to call these guys lazy, and while it may be true in most cases, Kovy having one off year in 10 years has NOTHING to do with pursuing Semin in the offseason. To make that comparison because they're both of the same heritage is completely ridiculous.

Give Kovy a competent PMD and a healthy Zach Parise and he'll be back to his PPG status next season. That's a 100% guarantee and most hockey fans know, and are afraid of it.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:15 PM
Johnsie19

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingbooya View Post

You want Parise

I would take this deal. My proposal is better and I added Hodgson to a revised one. although that might need a lil tinkering.

Old
01-19-2011, 09:16 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Fair enough thats why you add Bieksa (who would become NJ's best defenseman), Raymond(top 6 fwd) and Hodgson (potential top line center)
Just because he'd be our best defenseman, which I don't think he would be, doesn't mean we want him. It just means we have issues on defense that we should fix instead of getting ripped off in a terrible Parise proposal.

Old
01-19-2011, 09:17 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:

You want Parise

umm... how exactly is that "rediculous" (err.. ridiculous)

I'd do that trade in a heartbeat... I doubt the Devils would have much interest in a soon to be UFA in Ehrhoff (who's unlikely to re-sign with a rebuilding team)... but if you want him with Schroeder and a 1st for Parise - he's all yours!

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:17 PM
Csonked Out

Quote:
Just stop

Bieksa is someone they were looking to dump in the off season for salary cap reason (yes he is having a good year, but he is still maybe looking at being the odd man out.

Raymond is under performing this year

Hodgson while nice doesn't get me overly excited.

None of these players are ever going to be anywhere near the player Parise is right now and that is why this won't work. If Parise goes to Vancouver it will either be for a guy like Ehrhoff and Schroeder or for Kesler.

Parise will still be a restricted free agent at the end of the year and the only reason the Devils would ever trade him is if it makes there team significantly better right away, which your deal doesn't do.

Old
01-19-2011, 09:19 PM
Csonked Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
umm... how exactly is that "rediculous" (err.. ridiculous)

I'd do that trade in a heartbeat... I doubt the Devils would have much interest in a soon to be UFA in Ehrhoff (who's unlikely to re-sign with a rebuilding team)... but if you want him with Schroeder and a 1st for Parise - he's all yours!
Obviously that would involve a contract extension. I am very high on him and think that he is exactly what the Devils need on their blueline. I may be overvaluing him to some people, but I included him because I think he is a legitimate top pairing defender who is going to put up close to 50 points this year.

Old
01-19-2011, 09:21 PM
Johnsie19

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Congrats on looking up his stats and like every other ill-informed idiot, jumped to a conclusion. He's having an off year, yes, but it's not entirely his fault as much as it is lack of talent on the team as a whole in combination to terrible coaching early in the year.

By the way, you named some pretty lame Russians. Zherdev and Frolov? What about Malkin, a Conn Smythe MVP? Pavel Bure? Sergei Fedorov? Gonchar? Last I checked, there's plenty of talented Russian hockey players.

While it's stereotypical to call these guys lazy, and while it may be true in most cases, Kovy having one off year in 10 years has NOTHING to do with pursuing Semin in the offseason. To make that comparison because they're both of the same heritage is completely ridiculous.

Give Kovy a competent PMD and a healthy Zach Parise and he'll be back to his PPG status next season. That's a 100% guarantee and most hockey fans know, and are afraid of it.
Its a pretty telling stat. And all you have to do is watch him play to know that if he's not producing points he's useless. Mike Richards can have an off year for points like last year but he does so much more for his team. Kovy doesnt and Semin is probably the worst of the Russians. Pretty good playoffs last year. And Obv course I named lame russians I was making my point. Malkin and Gonchar are great. its a general rule. watch them play.

Old
01-19-2011, 09:22 PM
Sayonara77
Badassian

We aren't trading kesler or edler for parise. We don't need to trade for parise even if he would be a upgrade on our 2nd line lw position. Before a devil fan pitches in, yes I know that either of those players will have to be included to nab parise. This has been talked to death already, and the outcome remains the same.

Sayonara77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:23 PM
a pony

Petition to rename this forum "Terrible proposals that have already been shot down 10 times"

a pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:24 PM
Johnsie19

Quote:
Obviously that would involve a contract extension. I am very high on him and think that he is exactly what the Devils need on their blueline. I may be overvaluing him to some people, but I included him because I think he is a legitimate top pairing defender who is going to put up close to 50 points this year.
Still the original deal is better. If as NJ would rather have Schroeder and and signed Erhoff Id much rather do that.

Old
01-19-2011, 09:24 PM
Csonked Out

Quote:
Its a pretty telling stat. And all you have to do is watch him play to know that if he's not producing points he's useless. Mike Richards can have an off year for points like last year but he does so much more for his team. Kovy doesnt and Semin is probably the worst of the Russians. Pretty good playoffs last year. And Obv course I named lame russians I was making my point. Malkin and Gonchar are great. its a general rule. watch them play.

Gonchar has been a huge dissapointment this year, must not catch many sens games huh

Old
01-19-2011, 09:25 PM
Johnsie19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipperston View Post
Petition to rename this forum "Terrible proposals that have already been shot down 10 times"
There's other threads

Old
01-19-2011, 09:25 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
this would never happen. Gillis isn't the type of GM to sign a player to a contract extension and then deal him... it's just not a smart way to manage your assets, and Gillis has been quite clear on being a "player's GM".. asking Ehrhoff to sign a contract extension and then ship him to the worst team in the league is something that Gillis would never do... and expecting Ehrhoff to sign a contract extension to be dealt to the Devils' when he's hitting UFA status, is something he'd never do.

In fact, can you name a few soon to be UFA's (not RFAs, like Parise) who did sign a contract extension in their final contract years and were dealt soon after? I'd think that most GMs, if not all, would avoid doing this, since it's not the message you want to send to future potential UFAs.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:27 PM
Csonked Out

Quote:
Still the original deal is better. If as NJ would rather have Schroeder and and signed Erhoff Id much rather do that.
The Devils need a top 6 center and a top pairing offensive minded D-man, not a goalie and another winger.

I can almost guarantee you that if Vancouver approaches us about Parise the only name that won't get a click is Kesler. You just don't trade elite talent for a middle to bottom pairing defender, a struggling winger, and a backup goalie prospect.

Old
01-19-2011, 09:28 PM
Johnsie19

Quote:
[/B]

Gonchar has been a huge dissapointment this year, must not catch many sens games huh
I was giving credit to Gonchars career which has been quite good. Is this your first year watching?

Old
01-19-2011, 09:29 PM
apice3*

Quote:
It's not really a telling stat. If you and I suited up on the blueline for the Penguins, I guarantee we can turn Sidney Crosby into a -50 in no time. Doesn't mean it's Crosby's fault, it means we suck at hockey. See Kovy + Kovy's defense and you'll see why he's last in the league in +/-.

Old
01-19-2011, 09:30 PM
Blane Youngblood

Quote:

You want Parise

Done. That's worse then what almost any Canuck fan would have offered.

Blane Youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:30 PM
apice3*

Quote:
I was giving credit to Gonchars career which has been quite good. Is this your first year watching?
Have you seen Kovy's career, which has been quite good, or is this your first year watching?

Old
01-19-2011, 09:31 PM
Csonked Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
this would never happen. Gillis isn't the type of GM to sign a player to a contract extension and then deal him... it's just not a smart way to manage your assets, and Gillis has been quite clear on being a "player's GM".. asking Ehrhoff to sign a contract extension and then ship him to the worst team in the league is something that Gillis would never do... and expecting Ehrhoff to sign a contract extension to be dealt to the Devils' when he's hitting UFA status, is something he'd never do.

In fact, can you name a few soon to be UFA's (not RFAs, like Parise) who did sign a contract extension in their final contract years and were dealt soon after? I'd think that most GMs, if not all, would avoid doing this, since it's not the message you want to send to future potential UFAs.
You have a very valid point their I will acknowledge. Than the only other player that the Devils would probably want would be Kesler, however the Nucks wouldn't

Old
01-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Johnsie19

Quote:
The Devils need a top 6 center and a top pairing offensive minded D-man, not a goalie and another winger.

I can almost guarantee you that if Vancouver approaches us about Parise the only name that won't get a click is Kesler. You just don't trade elite talent for a middle to bottom pairing defender, a struggling winger, and a backup goalie prospect.
Hodgson has been added from the original thread. You just picked up 2 top 6 fwds, and top 4 d man and a starting goalie. Player ages 29, 25, 24, 20 pretty good going forward.

Old
01-19-2011, 09:34 PM
Csonked Out

Quote:
Not at all, so let me see if I follow. Kovy and Gonchar have both had great careers so far and are both struggling this year yet Gonchar is credit props while Kovy is getting burned by you, did I miss something here....

Old
01-19-2011, 09:34 PM
Johnsie19

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
It's not really a telling stat. If you and I suited up on the blueline for the Penguins, I guarantee we can turn Sidney Crosby into a -50 in no time. Doesn't mean it's Crosby's fault, it means we suck at hockey. See Kovy + Kovy's defense and you'll see why he's last in the league in +/-.
Guaruntee he Crosby wouldnt be -27 on NJ. Hed prob still be a +. You must be delusional if you think Kovy doesnt have an issue on the defensive end. Guy has no heart.