HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van-NJ

Old
01-19-2011, 09:36 PM
Johnsie19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingbooya View Post
Not at all, so let me see if I follow. Kovy and Gonchar have both had great careers so far and are both struggling this year yet Gonchar is credit props while Kovy is getting burned by you, did I miss something here....
Ya Gonchar is 36 years old

Johnsie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:37 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsie19 View Post
Guaruntee he Crosby wouldnt be -27 on NJ. Hed prob still be a +. You must be delusional if you think Kovy doesnt have an issue on the defensive end. Guy has no heart.
Never said the guy was good defensively. And don't question his heart. Just because he's a lazy defender doesn't mean he doesn't care. It just means he's a lazy defender.

And I still doubt Crosby would be a + on this team. His D was substantially better the year they won the Cup and he only finished +3 then.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:38 PM
Csonked Out

Quote:
Hodgson has been added from the original thread. You just picked up 2 top 6 fwds, and top 4 d man and a starting goalie. Player ages 29, 25, 24, 20 pretty good going forward.
Hodgson is a prospect and Raymond plays a position we are very deep in. Schneider could be a strong starting goalie, but in today's modern NHL it is much more cost effective to pick up a goalie on the free agent market as it is a very watered down position. Bieksa is a good defender, but the Package doesn't fill our top needs. Until Hodgson is in the NHL as a top 6 center I will not consider him one.

Csonked Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:39 PM
Johnsie19

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Never said the guy was good defensively. And don't question his heart. Just because he's a lazy defender doesn't mean he doesn't care. It just means he's a lazy defender.

And I still doubt Crosby would be a + on this team. His D was substantially better the year they won the Cup and he only finished +3 then.
Sure it might not be a + but it wouldnt be anywhere near -27 and if lazy defending doesnt mean you have no heart im not sure what does.

Old
01-19-2011, 09:40 PM
Csonked Out

Quote:
Ya Gonchar is 36 years old
They have both been in the league for awhile now and for Kovy's career he is scoring at more than a point per game clip, that is over 600 games as well. Try a better argument bud...

Old
01-19-2011, 09:41 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

No..

If Vancouver wants Parise you start with Edler and/or Kesler.

Devilsfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:42 PM
Johnsie19

Quote:
Hodgson is a prospect and Raymond plays a position we are very deep in. Schneider could be a strong starting goalie, but in today's modern NHL it is much more cost effective to pick up a goalie on the free agent market as it is a very watered down position. Bieksa is a good defender, but the Package doesn't fill our top needs. Until Hodgson is in the NHL as a top 6 center I will not consider him one.
Well Raymond would fit in the top 6 somewhere. And theres no way you could get a goalie as good as schneider out of FA. And I mean that considering he is so young and only getting better. You might pick up Vokoun for 2 seasons but Schneider could be a starter for 10+ years

Old
01-19-2011, 09:43 PM
Johnsie19

Quote:
They have both been in the league for awhile now and for Kovy's career he is scoring at more than a point per game clip, that is over 600 games as well. Try a better argument bud...
How many playoff games has Kovy been involved in? and how many playoff series has he won?

Old
01-19-2011, 09:45 PM
Johnsie19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan92 View Post
No..

If Vancouver wants Parise you start with Edler and/or Kesler.
one for one deal makes no sense for either team. NJ needs quite a few good players. Van has excess assets. thats why something could work. Plus Kesler and Parise were unreal at the WJC however many years back.

Old
01-19-2011, 09:46 PM
Csonked Out

Quote:
How many playoff games has Kovy been involved in? and how many playoff series has he won?
You're going to talk about choking in the playoffs....I do believe that you guys have a goalie who is much more experienced in games that matter

Old
01-19-2011, 09:49 PM
Johnsie19

Quote:
You're going to talk about choking in the playoffs....I do believe that you guys have a goalie who is much more experienced in games that matter
Ya ok Olympic gold, World Cup gold, and at least made the second round of the playoffs ( anyway your right Luongo has choked a couple times but hes also won big games)

Old
01-19-2011, 10:03 PM
WalterHeisenberg

vCash: 133
this would be a huge steal for the canucks

WalterHeisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 10:15 PM
CloutierForVezina

Quote:
Luongo has better stats in the playoffs than he does in the regular season and has been tremendous in international play.

He's obviously had a couple of stinkers but to suggest that he can't play in the playoffs is beyond ignorant.

CloutierForVezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 10:17 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Ya ok Olympic gold, World Cup gold, and at least made the second round of the playoffs ( anyway your right Luongo has choked a couple times but hes also won big games)
Olympics and NHL are two different stories, brah.

Besides, Kovy has been on a number of crap teams. When he wins a Cup with NJ in the coming years, I'll hit you up.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 10:21 PM
EliasR8
Brendan Shanahan!

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Guaruntee he Crosby wouldnt be -27 on NJ. Hed prob still be a +. You must be delusional if you think Kovy doesnt have an issue on the defensive end. Guy has no heart.
Yes your right Kovy has no heart. Have you ever even watched him play?

EliasR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 10:25 PM
Csonked Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloutierForVezina View Post
Luongo has better stats in the playoffs than he does in the regular season and has been tremendous in international play.

He's obviously had a couple of stinkers but to suggest that he can't play in the playoffs is beyond ignorant.
Hey he was holding the door open for me on that one, there is no way I could pass that up

Old
01-19-2011, 10:29 PM
Johnsie19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIR8 View Post
Yes your right Kovy has no heart. Have you ever even watched him play?
I know he's a joke hey

Old
01-19-2011, 10:33 PM
Johnsie19

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Olympics and NHL are two different stories, brah.

Besides, Kovy has been on a number of crap teams. When he wins a Cup with NJ in the coming years, I'll hit you up.
yes they are different the point is olympics is like the playoffs. huge pressure. ya sure hit me up itll only happen if you trade us Parise and Bieksa becomes your captain course van will have won 5 straight by then

Old
01-19-2011, 11:13 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
You have a very valid point their I will acknowledge. Than the only other player that the Devils would probably want would be Kesler, however the Nucks wouldn't
of course the Canucks wouldn't consider it... Kesler has more value than Parise right now.

The only way that Parise is moved is if he has to be... if he refuses to sign a long-term extension or just wants out. If that happens, then you're not going to get a player anywhere near Kesler's worth for Parise. If the Devils are forced to deal him, his value - like it is for all assets in this situation - will be limited.

As it is right now, Kesler is not only having another fantastic season, he's already locked up for 6 years, at a very good cap hit of $5mill, a level he's already performing above right now, and his contract takes him right through his prime years and ends when he's 32. If Parise signs that same type of deal, then his value becomes comparable, considering that they are already comparable players on the ice... but chances are that he'll get a bigger contract, and until he signs, his future comes with question marks, which limit his value.

I doubt any team would deal an asset like Kesler for one like Parise. If that's all you'd be willing to move him for, then you better hope he commits long-term to the Devils... if he doesn't, whatever he returns will be a major disappointment for Devils' fans.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:19 PM
ProstheticConscience
WWIII

vCash: 883
Oh look, it's this thread again.

*braces for more Alfredsson to the Canucks threads*

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote