HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Oshie is Back Baby!!!

Old
01-19-2011, 01:01 PM
DrVanntastic

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyflo View Post
Wanna buy a Heatley jersey? Thornton? or a Zetterberg one would look nice too
Add Toews and Kane to that list... maybe the Sedins.

DrVanntastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 01:36 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 View Post
If Halak wasn't the first star, he should have been.

Oshie looked pretty decent...much better than I would have though for his first game back after missing so many. It's obvious he's a little rusty as his timing was just a bit off in every aspect of the game. Skating looked fine, though, so if he's playing through pain it's not showing.

Give him a week or so and he should be back up to game speed.
I agree with this assessment.

Oshie made a difference. Biggest thing for me was that Berglund looked inspired. I love that line with Oshie, Berglund and Sobotka. I hope Payne is able to keep them together for a while. If some of Sobotka and Oshie's infectious tenacity starts to rub off on Berglund, that line will dominate.

The all-star break is very well timed for Oshie.

I sure hope Perron being at the game is a sign that he's getting close. I think he'll have a lot bigger hill to climb to be ready to contribute, as he hasn't been able to do a lot of fitness stuff while he's been out. But its not too late to get back into shape by the playoffs, and his skill is much needed.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 10:05 PM
Blues88

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues88 View Post
Oshie comes back and the gameplay changes. We were taking chances, playing loose, getting to the net. Overall, a solid game with a gift towards the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkamp View Post
Amazing how one player can change the way a whole team plays. He was very good tonight. As others have stated, he was a little off on his timing but that will be fixed within a week.
Whoa....buddies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
Would you guys say Oshie is your MVP? At least as a skater and not including Halak if that is who you want to go with. Some tend to think I overrate him but I am just a big fan...he contributes in all aspects of the game which is such a luxury.

Also don't know where to put this Q and it was something I was wondering..did any names ever come out as to who the Blues might have preferred giving up in the Halak deal? I know Montreal was very high on Eller but were any other names leaked?

Oh and since I picked up EJ in my fantasy pool he has points in 3 straight...so you are welcome!
Only other rumbling I ever heard at low volume was Berglund. As to the authenticity of it....well, I cant even remember where I heard it so take that for what you will.

Oshie's absence by default excludes him from "team MVP" status at this point, but if he has a great second half I wouldnt have a problem with it. I probably overrate him too (easy to do when he's running around every game) but I see so much in his game I cant help it. He's a smart, strong, relentless player.

MVP is a toss up between Backes, Steen, and Brewer (insert shock and awe). I'd give it to Steen myself, as I think he's easily the most consistent player on the team, scoring or not.

Blues88 is offline   Reply With Quote