HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Extreme Makeover: NHL Edition

Closed Thread

Old
07-01-2005, 10:44 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Extreme Makeover: NHL Edition

http://tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie.asp

There will be nine men on this new competition committee, including four players. TSN has learned that Trevor Linden, Brendan Shanahan, Rob Blake and Jarome Iginla are the players.

There will be four general managers - Edmonton's Kevin Lowe, Atlanta's Don Waddell, Nashville's David Poile and Montreal's Bob Gainey. There will also be one representative of NHL ownership and that will be Philadelphia's Ed Snider.

good to see no players/gm/owners from the same team

Old
07-01-2005, 11:48 AM
Weary

And the fans' representatives are.....?

Old
07-01-2005, 11:49 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weary
If I had a say I'd say drop instigator and keep the red line ... effing cherry pickers

Old
07-01-2005, 12:29 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weary
Let's see what they come up with first before deciding if 'average joe' needs to be involved. What fans think they want to see and what fans want to see can oftentimes be two different things. Many fans want the redline removed but do they know the practical effects of such an application? Even if we thought we did, we are in hardly a position to make that determination.

Besides, all of these guys are fans as well, so I think they can help to provide our perspective.

Old
07-03-2005, 11:05 PM
handtrick

I don't think we should underestimate the importance Poile's being included on the rules committee. He will be able to forsee the future trends of potential rule changes far before they are inacted by being included in those very discussions that will bring about those changes. This could be very helpful in drafting potential players and seeing how their strengths and weakeness would play out in those new enviroments.

Just as leipold's presence on the exectutive commitee for the CBA had more benefit to Nashville than we will ever know, Poile's presence on this commitee may be more important than we may think on first glance.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....507020369/1028

I also found it interesting all the GM's were from relatively "small market" teams...Nashville, Edmonton, Atlanta, and Montreal.......

Old
07-04-2005, 01:32 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick
I don't think we should underestimate the importance Poile's being included on the rules committee. He will be able to forsee the future trends of potential rule changes far before they are inacted by being included in those very discussions that will bring about those changes. This could be very helpful in drafting potential players and seeing how their strengths and weakeness would play out in those new enviroments.

Just as leipold's presence on the exectutive commitee for the CBA had more benefit to Nashville than we will ever know, Poile's presence on this commitee may be more important than we may think on first glance.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....507020369/1028

I also found it interesting all the GM's were from relatively "small market" teams...Nashville, Edmonton, Atlanta, and Montreal.......
small market my ass, they were the first team in the NHL, and quite possibly has one of the bigger strangleholds on fan merchandise in all of Canada

Old
07-04-2005, 10:16 PM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Strummer
small market my ass, they were the first team in the NHL, and quite possibly has one of the bigger strangleholds on fan merchandise in all of Canada
you're absolutely right , joe, my bad....one too many scotchs last night while on vacation
i was thinking ottawa for some reason

Old
07-05-2005, 11:43 AM
predperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick
you're absolutely right , joe, my bad....one too many scotchs last night while on vacation
i was thinking ottawa for some reason
Vacation again Handtrick?? Didn't you just get back from Alaska about two weeks ago?

Closed Thread