HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers tattoo idea, input appreciated

Old
01-19-2011, 11:14 PM
hof2120

vCash: 500
Flyers tattoo idea, input appreciated

Well, it's a hybrid of the Flyers and Phillies logos. It's just a rough sketch obviously but it's the main idea. Let me know what you think, any ideas to make it better are welcome also.

hof2120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:19 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

The only bit of advice I have is to see what the tattoo artist can make from that idea, before getting it done. I've seen some tattoo's where they hand the artist a rough sketch, expecting the artist to just clean it up and make it into whatever awesome idea they had in their own head...and it came out looking identical to the rough sketch they handed the artist.

Other than that, I like that. If you want that on your skin for a very long time, that's your call.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:20 PM
mypunkrock

I love me a tattoo, but I wouldn't put anything like that on me.

mypunkrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:21 PM
hof2120

Yeah, that's what I'm not sure of. I think it looks a little juvenile and I think I'll regret it after a while. I want something Flyers/Phillies/Philadelphia related but I'm not sure where to go with it.

Old
01-19-2011, 11:22 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I'm waiting to win a cup before getting any black and orange inked on me! Keeping the design under wraps until then so no one swipes my idea!

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:23 PM
mypunkrock

I've always thought the liberty bell would make a pretty kick ass tattoo, and it is Philly related.

mypunkrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:23 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Dont. do it.

Not that at least.

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:25 PM
hof2120

Like I said, it's a rough sketch and it's the first thing that came to my mind. It's not like I thought of it and ran to the tattoo shop lol. I just wanna get something for the Flyers and Phillies that's original. I already have a couple but none of them have anything to do with the city I love.

Old
01-19-2011, 11:25 PM
usahockey22flyers
Forza Roma

Cannon right across your stomach......................

But seriously, maybe a symbol of Philly, or get like the broad street sign or something

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:28 PM
hof2120

Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers View Post
Cannon right across your stomach......................

But seriously, maybe a symbol of Philly, or get like the broad street sign or something
I thought of getting the broad/pattison intersection sign but I don't know if it would be too plain and boring by itself.

Old
01-19-2011, 11:31 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

How big are we talking?

I have a Flyers tattoo, but it's about the size of a quarter and it's among the other tats on my legs so it doesn't stick out too much (having my legs covered in ink has been a work in progress since 2006).

But as long as you are comfortable with it and don't get it in a regrettable spot, then go for it.

El Dandy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:38 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Get the cracked liberty bell and incorporate the symbols into that?

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:41 PM
hof2120

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rainbow Express View Post
How big are we talking?

I have a Flyers tattoo, but it's about the size of a quarter and it's among the other tats on my legs so it doesn't stick out too much (having my legs covered in ink has been a work in progress since 2006).

But as long as you are comfortable with it and don't get it in a regrettable spot, then go for it.
It'd probably be on my bicep, somewhere that wouldn't be visible in any situation that would be inappropriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
Get the cracked liberty bell and incorporate the symbols into that?
That's a good idea, I just don't know how I'd go about it, like one on each side maybe?

Old
01-19-2011, 11:45 PM
six sigma
Seahawks/Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
The only bit of advice I have is to see what the tattoo artist can make from that idea, before getting it done.
This, and exactly this. When I was setting up an appt. for a big arm piece, I basically threw my ideas at the guy and let him draw up his own vision of it all (this was a couple of weeks before the actual appointment.)

What he came up with was far better than what I was thinking of, that's why they are artists. Let your guy put his spin on your idea, and see what you think of it before putting steel to your skin.

six sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:55 PM
DickTony

I've been working with ideas for a Flyers related sleeve for awhile, but I think I want to wait til they win a cup to get started on it. Thinking about having a huge logo on the shoulder, an above angle of the wachovia center, and then on the lower arm a collection of goalie masks, featuring a zombie hextall

DickTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 12:14 AM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

R.J.? Is that you?

Last edited by Murphy7: 01-20-2011 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Get two, one for each team.
Murphy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 12:38 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hof2120 View Post
Yeah, that's what I'm not sure of. I think it looks a little juvenile and I think I'll regret it after a while. I want something Flyers/Phillies/Philadelphia related but I'm not sure where to go with it.
That strikes me as a huge red flag.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 12:52 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonMTG View Post
I've been working with ideas for a Flyers related sleeve for awhile, but I think I want to wait til they win a cup to get started on it. Thinking about having a huge logo on the shoulder, an above angle of the wachoviacenter, and then on the lower arm a collection of goalie masks, featuring a zombie hextall
I hope you're not planning on using the Arena name on it.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 12:58 AM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Flyers tattoo on one arm.

Phillies tattoo on another.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 01:12 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by hof2120 View Post
It'd probably be on my bicep, somewhere that wouldn't be visible in any situation that would be inappropriate

That's a good idea, I just don't know how I'd go about it, like one on each side maybe?
I was thinking that u could put the logos in the bell somehow... I'm not sure how tho.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 01:28 AM
Rizer

I was in Philly once and asked around about the tattoo shops since I was planning to get one that weekend. I heard the city has some really good artists, although I didn't get specifics that I recall.

My advice would be to find a reputable shop and check out the artists portfolio. If the shop has a good rep, clean work (and environment) and talented artists, then be prepared to pay $100/$200 per hour for work. I ended up going to a high end shop in New Jersey (yes, they do exist ) and paid about $200/hr, but it was well worth it.

Once you've found a shop and an artist you like, then bring up the idea to them, show them the rough sketch and ask their advice. Let them play with it and run with ideas they have. They might suggest a different colouring or shading than you had envisioned or say that adding x would be great, taking away y would make it look cooler... if they are reputable and have been inking for decent amount of time then take the advice. The vast majority of the times the artist is right.

He or She could also help with placement. Sometimes you may want a certain tattoo in a certain place and it just is not suited for it. If you want it on your arm and it would look better on your chest/back then perhaps be willing to change your idea. Also try to take into account any future work you may have done, such as having a sleeve planned, wanting a back piece in the future and how this may or may not fit in.

If you are committed to doing it and want to make an appointment then you can do so and have them sketch some ideas for the appointment date. Usually you meet them on the day of the tattoo and go over the ideas, make small changes and revisions before actually doing it. This can take 1 or 2 hours sometimes but they plan for that. Some artists may charge you for sketches if you want them ahead of time, just ask about the financial aspects or shop policy, they will be happy to let you know how things work if you are a first timer.

That is all I can think of for now. If you get it done then post a photo.

Rizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 03:22 AM
Opus

I have many tattoo's but can't bring myself to putting my favourite sports teams logo on my body. Having said that, it's your body and your body is your canvas.

I would talk to your artist and tell him what you want and see what he can come up.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 04:33 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Someone mentioned "CANNON"... for some reason, I could only think of one area for that .

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 09:14 AM
MMANumminen

I'm sorry but that looks like male genitals. Basic Flyers logo would be much better imo

MMANumminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 09:50 AM
MrHockey1982

I have to ask you, do you really like the Phillies AND the Flyers that much? I have two tattoos on my body for the two things that I love the most, The Flyers and Led Zeppelin (tribute to Jimmy Page and the Les Paul guitar). I would highly recommend that you think things through before getting two sports teams logos.

If you decide that you DO love both teams THAT much, then make sure you have the artist come up with something that looks really cool and can tweak. Just make sure you are 100% sure because it will never go away. I am very happy with mine and the pic is in my avatar.

MrHockey1982 is offline   Reply With Quote