HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Mtl - Edm

Old
01-19-2011, 03:59 PM
Live Breathe Hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
You forgot to add that Hemsky has been oft-injured and hasn't played a full season since 2005/2006. He's also not exactly a gritty forward - something we need. I like Hemsky but he's not someone i would sell the farm on.
Hemsky is more gritty than Penner

Live Breathe Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 04:29 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Breathe Hockey View Post
With Cammalleri separating his shoulder, and tons of other injuries in the Canadiens lineup, and the need to have another strong playoff performance, does it make sense for the Oilers and Canadiens to make a trade?

To MTL
Hemsky

To EDM
Eller
Tinordi

or

To MTL
Hemsky

To EDM
Subban
Leblanc

Reason I say Subban, is not too sure if there is anything going on with him in Montreal, but being a healthy scratch numerous times and fighting with teammates leads me to believe he may be an issue in their locker room? maybe just doesn't fit well with that team?

big time no to both deals...

Hemsky is not worth 2 top prospects, nor can the habs afford to make that kind of move from a cap pov

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 05:16 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
and Leblanc and Tinordi have proven they have done.... what??.. at the NHL level... answer: nothing.

and Eller has done...... 9pts in 50 games....

I'm sure normal habs fans would be happy to see Hemsky on their team and wouldn't mind throwing some "potential" out the door for him, especially considering Hemsky is 27 with 1 year left on his contract.
Oh, my bad, I guess you wouldn't trade Hemsky to get the 1st overall pick because he hasn't prove anything at NHL level.

You're a joke.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 06:25 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
With Cammalleri separating his shoulder, and tons of other injuries in the Canadiens lineup, and the need to have another strong playoff performance, does it make sense for the Oilers and Canadiens to make a trade?

To MTL
Hemsky

To EDM
Eller
Tinordi

or

To MTL
Hemsky

To EDM
Subban
Leblanc

Reason I say Subban, is not too sure if there is anything going on with him in Montreal, but being a healthy scratch numerous times and fighting with teammates leads me to believe he may be an issue in their locker room? maybe just doesn't fit well with that team?
Oh great another Hemmer proposal when he is injured what a thoughtful post, And when Eller becomes more valuable in a trade proposal what is this saying about posters in here

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:53 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
and Leblanc and Tinordi have proven they have done.... what??.. at the NHL level... answer: nothing.

and Eller has done...... 9pts in 50 games....

I'm sure normal habs fans would be happy to see Hemsky on their team and wouldn't mind throwing some "potential" out the door for him, especially considering Hemsky is 27 with 1 year left on his contract.
Well Halpern has 19 points this year and Darche has 16... so that's 35.

Hemsky only has 29 so you will have to add Omark (8) to even out the deal. Heck we will even throw in Picard (6).

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:59 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Well Halpern has 19 points this year and Darche has 16... so that's 35.Hemsky only has 29 so you will have to add Omark (8) to even out the deal. Heck we will even throw in Picard (6).

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 08:04 PM
Halifaxhab*

his point is that you can't base it on #'s alone. You have to take into account the potential of the players involved. so I wouldn't move that for Hemsky

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 08:05 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoilsburnsclean View Post
I'm an engineering student. I was emphasizing how stupid the process must be for the people who use that argument.

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 08:18 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

That second trade would be legendary

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 10:59 PM
SDig14

I doubt the Oilers would trade Hemsky. If the Habs wanted Penner, I think something like Eller + 2nd is pretty fair value for both teams. If not, Tinodi + 1st and adjust as necessary. Anyone asking for Subban is being ridiculous. Anyone asking for 3+ pieces coming back is doing the same.

SDig14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:19 PM
Clipitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
I doubt the Oilers would trade Hemsky. If the Habs wanted Penner, I think something like Eller + 2nd is pretty fair value for both teams. If not, Tinodi + 1st and adjust as necessary. Anyone asking for Subban is being ridiculous. Anyone asking for 3+ pieces coming back is doing the same.
I don't think the habs are interested in any of that. Actually, PG would probably hang up the phone laughing.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 12:07 AM
Dekar

With the prospect pool Montreal has now, I wouldn't make a single trade for at least the next two years, unless it was a ridiculous overpayment by another team for one of ours. Our future is stupidly bright.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 12:10 AM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
I don't think the habs are interested in any of that. Actually, PG would probably hang up the phone laughing.
Well, I doubt he would laugh at another GM, unless you know him personally? Secondly, that's fine if he wants to decline. However, if he is serious about getting added scoring for the playoffs, a big body in the top 6, etc. then he will have to give up something of value....packages like Weber + 2nd aren't going to get you very far in negotiations if pieces like Eller, Tinordi, Leblanc, or the 1st are never in play.

Old
01-20-2011, 12:20 AM
Clipitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Well, I doubt he would laugh at another GM, unless you know him personally? Secondly, that's fine if he wants to decline. However, if he is serious about getting added scoring for the playoffs, a big body in the top 6, etc. then he will have to give up something of value....packages like Weber + 2nd aren't going to get you very far in negotiations if pieces like Eller, Tinordi, Leblanc, or the 1st are never in play.
I'm fine with your take on this, really no problem at all.

I just think Habs' management is way to high on the guys you mentioned to include them in a deal for Penner. Nevermind adding a 1st, or a 2nd that no longer exists (unless you were referring to 2012).

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 01:55 AM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
I'm fine with your take on this, really no problem at all.

I just think Habs' management is way to high on the guys you mentioned to include them in a deal for Penner. Nevermind adding a 1st, or a 2nd that no longer exists (unless you were referring to 2012).
Fair enough. Do you think the habs will make any moves of significance at the deadline? Or do you think they are happy enough with PAC that they will stay put?