HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brodie Dupont Recalled

Old
01-19-2011, 11:38 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prusted View Post
I think people underrate Dupont. He will fit really well in this style and can be good as a replacement type player for Feds.
I'm sure there's more than a few reasons that the kid has not made the team yet or played an NHL game--considering he's nearly 24.

There's very little to no chance that he "fits the system well" and can serve as a viable replacement. I'm sure there are others. This call up confuses me. I'd rather play Kolarik as well.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:41 PM
asparkoflife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
I'm sure there's more than a few reasons that the kid has not made the team yet or played an NHL game--considering he's nearly 24.

There's very little to no chance that he "fits the system well" and can serve as a viable replacement. I'm sure there are others. This call up confuses me. I'd rather play Kolarik as well.
Well..this organization has been extremely deep in bottom 6 forwards over the last few years and he is one of them. We also have had almost no injuries in the past few season leading up to this one. I think he CAN be a viable replacement for a guy who fits his bill. Hard working forward, bottom 6, can kill penalties.

how are you sure their are others? Kennedy? Waiver claim casualty possibility, White? No thanks. Grachev? Most people want to see this but in the limited role he'd get i'd like to see him keep his confidence building in the A.

asparkoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 11:41 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Official confirmation per TheAHL.com: http://theahl.com/stats/transactions.php

Quote:
01/19/2011 Brodie Dupont (LW) Connecticut DEL Recalled from loan by N.Y. Rangers (NHL)

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 12:04 AM
NYR Viper

The Whale will be an ECHL soon. Jeez. MZA, McDonagh, Weise, Newbury, Dupont, Kolarik.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 12:15 AM
Pizza

Moose has really paid some dues. Good to see him get the call. This guy will play his butt off now that he is finally getting the chance.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 12:17 AM
NYR Viper

His skating, size and tenacity are close to, if not at an NHL level. His hands are not. He will bring energy but to expect any offense at the next level will be expecting too much.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 12:20 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Moose has really paid some dues. Good to see him get the call. This guy will play his butt off now that he is finally getting the chance.
If he's comparable to Newbury i'll be happy. Newbury hasn't really done much (if anything) offensively but in all games so far he's stood up for himself and whoever is on the ice with him. I really thought he was going to go at it with Orr tonight.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 01:41 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Soon enough, Ken G. will be called up to replace an injured Torts.
ROFLMFAO!!!!!

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 01:42 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

you gotta wonder what Dane Byers is thinking...requesting a trade when you know he'd be playing on the Rangers right now.

Dumbass.

Old
01-20-2011, 01:56 AM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
you gotta wonder what Dane Byers is thinking...requesting a trade when you know he'd be playing on the Rangers right now.

Dumbass.
Cmon, you can't blame the guy. After several productive AHL seasons, I don't think it was unreasonable. It hasn't worked out, but I can understand.

As for Dupont, happy to see him get a look. However, I've been disappointed with the player he's been at the AHL level. I won't lie, I expected more after watching him in the WHL. I don't know if I'd even consider him a borderline NHL player at this point. This is his big chance, probably to turn himself into trade bait. I can't see him displacing other guys on this roster.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 01:58 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Cmon, you can't blame the guy. After several productive AHL seasons, I don't think it was unreasonable. It hasn't worked out, but I can understand.

As for Dupont, happy to see him get a look. However, I've been disappointed with the player he's been at the AHL level. I won't lie, I expected more after watching him in the WHL. I don't know if I'd even consider him a borderline NHL player at this point. This is his big chance, probably to turn himself into trade bait. I can't see him displacing other guys on this roster.
oh i dont blame the guy, but i still think its funny that after being so patient on the franchise, he gave up, asked for a trade, and is gone, when he probably would have played about 20 games already this season lol.

Old
01-20-2011, 02:05 AM
Edge

Quote:
oh i dont blame the guy, but i still think its funny that after being so patient on the franchise, he gave up, asked for a trade, and is gone, when he probably would have played about 20 games already this season lol.
Something tells me he still would have seen less. The Rangers would probably still spread the chances around a little bit. Either way, sucks for him.

Old
01-20-2011, 02:11 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Something tells me he still would have seen less. The Rangers would probably still spread the chances around a little bit. Either way, sucks for him.
i always liked Danes game...i think hes a torts kinda player, and woulda stuck on the 4th line.

honestly i would have MUCH rather had Dane Byers as a 4th liner going into this season than Boogaard.

Old
01-20-2011, 02:17 AM
Edge

Quote:
i always liked Danes game...i think hes a torts kinda player, and woulda stuck on the 4th line.

honestly i would have MUCH rather had Dane Byers as a 4th liner going into this season than Boogaard.
I was a fan of Dane as well. Was disappointed he never stuck. Very few guys have his combination of points and penalty minutes over the last few AHL seasons. Frankly, I liked Byers more than Dupont and Weise at this point.

Old
01-20-2011, 02:33 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

So it is true! Hartford is indeed better than the Islanders, and apparently half the rest of the NHL.

We just need Gabby to keep scoring 4 goals a game with all these Hartford guys in the lineup.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 04:58 AM
Sticky Fingers
NYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post
The Whale have Wade Redden they'll be fine
Oh, that makes me laugh. Oh Redden, you'll stick around here forever.

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 06:32 AM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrurysWeekend View Post
Grachev has a nice streak going in the A, it's probably best they don't mess with that. He has confidence issues and right now scoring a buttload no matter where it is will be helpful for his development. Personally I am glad they didn't call him up.
Yeah, nothing builds confidence like being passed over for Brodie ****ing Dupont on the depth chart.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 08:07 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
Yeah, nothing builds confidence like being passed over for Brodie ****ing Dupont on the depth chart.
And he was called up over others when he was having a ****** AHL season. If that's gonna hurt his confidence then I don't know how mentally strong this kid is.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 08:49 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Hey, remember when Dupont was going to be a future captain of this team?

Seriously, though, I hope he proves he can be a 4th line guy. One of the most important things in this league right now is to have a constant influx of cheap young bottom six forwards to replace the ones who start to want to earn more money than you're interested in paying bottom six forwards.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 09:05 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Rangers are doing the right thing with Grachev, he is finding his game...leave him there and let him continue to grow...

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 09:28 AM
eco's bones

It will be interesting to see which one of Dupont and Kolarik are in the lineup tonight. Dupont is more the prototypical bottom line player. More size and grit than Kolarik. Kolarik a bit more likely to put up points but if we're justing filling a hole on the bottom line giving limited ice time might be better off putting Dupont in the lineup.

Sucks about Byers. He's been a better pro than a junior player. Never could quite cement himself. He probably would have had some opportunity this year though if he'd stuck around.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 09:58 AM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post
The Whale have Wade Redden they'll be fine
And White!

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 11:20 AM
Pizza

Quote:

Dumbass.

Timing. All too often it just comes down to timing.

Old
01-20-2011, 11:25 AM
Pizza

Quote:
I felt the same way a few days ago, but my math was off. Grachev is where he belongs right now. I don't think he's being passed over. The Rangers have done a masterful job of managing the assets they have. They are doing the right thing here, imo.

Old
01-20-2011, 11:38 AM
Blueblood 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Rangers are doing the right thing with Grachev, he is finding his game...leave him there and let him continue to grow...

I have heard it was Kolarik that helped Grachev find his game. They seemed to mesh well. Don't see any games myself so anyone who does please comment.

Blueblood 2 is offline   Reply With Quote