Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Notices

Ice Hockey in Metroplex

Old
01-19-2011, 09:53 PM
bobydole

vCash: 500
Ice Hockey in Metroplex

I am moving soon from San Jose (i know, i know) to Dallas. I am on 3 teams in SJ (2 full time, 1 sub) and wondering what the playing life is like in Dallas? How many rinks? Hows the ice? What are the fee's etc.

If this is the wrong section, please let me know. I am new to the site (I did check in "the rink" section, but didnt think that the request fit) and saw a previous post in this section.

bobydole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 10:00 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Where in DFW are you moving to?

We have the Dr. Pepper Stars Centers scattered around the metroplex. There's a couple more independent ice rinks, but unfortunately I don't know too much about them.

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 10:08 PM
bobydole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
Where in DFW are you moving to?

We have the Dr. Pepper Stars Centers scattered around the metroplex. There's a couple more independent ice rinks, but unfortunately I don't know too much about them.
right now its looking liek the plano/addison area (75/635/tollway/GBush) area. so im guessing the plano rink will be closest.

are the rinks all affiliated? do you have home/away games? kinda intersting. i clicked on several of the leagues and they have a decent number of teams. looks like i will have a couple of months off (moving ~march) but very interested. this was one of the biggest worries that i had when thinking about moving. at san jose, we have TONS of freaking teams (for comparison http://stats.liahl.org/display-stats.php?league=1 ) and i was afraid about how it was in the south.

bobydole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 10:11 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

vCash: 558
Hockey in the metromess is awesome. TONS of teams for every level of play. Thinking from C-AAA if I remember correctly.

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 10:14 PM
vofty

I haven't personally played in any of the leagues but I know a friend of mine from Plano went up to the Frisco Stars center for his league.

vofty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 10:41 PM
Kritter471

Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
If you're moving to Richardson, then you'll be in the neighborhood of ITC. It's hockey-only and takes its hockey Very Seriously. http://www.icetrainingcenter.com/ The other hockey place I know of (at least, adult leagues) is Polar Ice in Grapevine. It used to be a StarCenter, but it's independent now. http://www.polaricehousegrapevine.com/

They and the StarCenters are the big hockey hubs in the metroplex. A couple other places might have their own leagues, but I'd doubt it.

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 08:41 AM
Sony Eriksson*

I play in the MCHA (Metroplex Christian Hockey Association) and it is a blast. I live in Plano and in our league we play primarily in McKinney and Frisco with a few games in Grapevine and ITC in Richardson.

Here is the URL
http://mchaonline.com/

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote