HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #48 vs. Toronto Maple Leafs

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #48 vs. Toronto Maple Leafs
Artem Anisimov 5 2.96%
Sean Avery 5 2.96%
Brian Boyle 0 0%
Ruslan Fedotenko 0 0%
Marian Gaborik 155 91.72%
Henrik Lundqvist 2 1.18%
Ryan McDonagh 1 0.59%
Michael Sauer 1 0.59%
Marc Staal 0 0%
Mats Zuccarello 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-20-2011, 12:21 AM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Did anyone watch the Toronto feed? Pierre McGuire was gushing about everything Rangers the entire night. People put too much stock into his creepy mannerisms and forget that he is a great announcer, and maybe the most knowledgeable around.
He was VERY pro-Torts as well

NYGBleedBlueNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 12:22 AM
Avery316
guilty as charged

the good - gabby zucca and the king
the bad - drury (my god its getting worse)
the redden - feds injury

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers09 View Post
HAHAHA classic commercials
Bobby Granger - "YOU FORGOT THE APPLE!!!!!"

Shanny - "LOL What Apple?"

Avery316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 12:47 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
You're only saying that 'cuz he was saying nice stuff about us.
That's definitely part of it. How often do you get to hear the other teams announcers praise players like Kreider and Del Zotto, when they're not even in the building?

Pierre knows his ****, and he tells it like it is. When Canada was losing he ripped on them, and rightfully so. He definitely goes on talking tangents, but it's usually about information that is quite interesting.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 12:52 AM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

The good - Great game for Gaborik. Shows what a difference an elite talent can make. Hope this is the start of a big 4 weeks for him because we are going to need it.

The Bad - Drury. The guy just continues to look like a shell of the player he once was.

The ugly - Dale Weise just does not impress me. At all.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 12:53 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
The good - Great game for Gaborik. Shows what a difference an elite talent can make. Hope this is the start of a big 4 weeks for him because we are going to need it.

The Bad - Drury. The guy just continues to look like a shell of the player he once was.

Drury got the most ice time on the team, and i swear i only noticed he was out there on 4 shifts, 1 of them because he took a delay of game penalty.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 12:53 AM
ceej730

Anyone see Gabby make #4 on Sportscenter top 10

ceej730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 01:01 AM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Drury got the most ice time on the team, and i swear i only noticed he was out there on 4 shifts, 1 of them because he took a delay of game penalty.
Yeah, it's a real shame. It's been a steady decline for a few years, but this year it's like watching him age on a daily basis.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 02:27 AM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
Quote:
Torts seems to be doing just about everything to try and get Dru's offense going... except for putting him in front of the $%!@%$@ net! It seriously bothers me.

:ahem:

On a positive note, though -- Gabby looked good at the point along with Staal. I'm glad he put Boyle up top screening the goalie too. I approve.

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 02:43 AM
McNashty
õ HATERS GON' HATE!

Send a message via AIM to McNashty Send a message via MSN to McNashty
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
Dominic Moore read that and was reminded that he cannot pronounce about correctly.
LOL, well played!

McNashty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 04:29 AM
Xtranova

You might think this is going against the stream, cause it finally did it for Gabby. However I'm gonna go with Avery on this one. Insane effort, passing, grinding and simply busting his butt off. Might have been Dion's choice of sloppy seconds that kick started him

Xtranova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 04:43 AM
KingStian

Letís hope this is what Gabby needed to get his game going again. 4 goals and an assist in an NHL game is good regardless of how bad the other team played. Itís not like this was Team Canada vs. India or something like that. This was the perfect time for Gabby to step is game up with all the injuries. Letís just hope he keeps it up tonight.

KingStian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 06:22 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
I did notice how badly he kept missing the net with his shot.

Oh, and Colton Orr was a complete jackass tonight.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 06:36 AM
azrok22

vCash: 3743
The most distressing thing about Drury is that all he can do to move the puck is bank it off the boards. He can't make a pass (and rarely even tries anymore), let alone receive a pass. Generating offense with him on a line isn't going to happen unless the opposing team makes a turnover in their defensive zone.

Of course, even when the other team does turn the puck over, and Drury gets a scoring chance, he misses the net by six feet.

He's become so pathetic, it's sad.

How some people could claim that he only needs PP time in front of the net to get back "on track" while watching performances like he put forward tonight absolutely baffles me.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 06:39 AM
SKS

POTG: Gabby (That was a pretty slick goal to end the slump as well)
Good: The team.. Including Drury imo.. I thought he hustled and looked better than he has as of late.. Dont think anyone else would have taken criticism if they put in identical performance this game.
Bad: Leafs
Redden: Yet another untimely injury !

SKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 07:28 AM
Shadowtron

I have no animosity towards the Leafs or their fans, but the "vastly superior" comment from that first October game still comes to mind and it makes these thorough beatings all the more satisfying. Funny how we never heard from that particular fan again.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 07:52 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Everything is updated on the first page, save for a few slacking bloggers and youtube.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 08:40 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post

Yeah, Drury looks done. I think it's been all the injuries lately, as well as the aging process, but he's just not the same player. Weise doesn't really do a whole lot, looks pretty generic.

Another "bad" is that it was the Leafs and their defense, especially in the first period, was about as bad as any I've seen in the NHL. One reason Gaborik has struggled lately is that teams have constantly been in his face, sometimes with two players, and he hasn't gotten good looks at the net. Another is that most teams clog the passing and shooting lanes really well and make it hard to successfully get guys open in front of the net or get the puck through.

Toronto basically left Gaborik alone all night, didn't cover anyone in front of the net, didn't close off passing and shooting lanes, and just played horrible. It's fun to see the Rangers take advantage of that, but it's not going to be that easy against Carolina. Rangers and Gaborik need to show they can score goals against an actual NHL defense.

Oh and as for Pierre, he always sounds slightly intoxicated or mopey or something. He had this low, monotone voice all of last night. Maybe because the Leafs were busy getting killed

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 08:58 AM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Any chance Drury gets sent down when the troops are healed?

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 08:58 AM
BrandNewDream

The Good: Gabby, Henke, Artie, Avery, Zucc, Step, and yes, DRURY. He was all over the puck, played very well IMO.
The Bad: The Laffs, and the unnecessary crap Drury's getting in this thread. I question what some of you are watching.
The Ugly: I don't know if anyone else heard it, but Sam Rosen made a "Whoop (he forgot the m!), there it is!" joke.

BrandNewDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 09:06 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
Any chance Drury gets sent down when the troops are healed?
He has a NMC.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 09:08 AM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewDream View Post
The Ugly: I don't know if anyone else heard it, but Sam Rosen made a "Whoop (he forgot the m!), there it is!" joke.
lol I love Sam

01-20-2011, 09:29 AM
broadwayblue

lol @ the vote for Sauer.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 09:31 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
The Good: Gabby, Henke, Artie, Avery, Zucc, Step, and yes, DRURY. He was all over the puck, played very well IMO.
The Bad: The Laffs, and the unnecessary crap Drury's getting in this thread. I question what some of you are watching.
unnecessary? perhaps you were watching a different game? we're at the point now where i'm simply hoping nothing bad happens when Drury touches the puck. it's not that he won't get an assist or god forbid actually score a goal...but now i'm just afraid he will get a penalty, turn the puck over, or injure one of his teammates. he's actually become the proverbial detriment to the team.

Old
01-20-2011, 09:34 AM
BrandNewDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
unnecessary? perhaps you were watching a different game? we're at the point now where i'm simply hoping nothing bad happens when Drury touches the puck. it's not that he won't get an assist or god forbid actually score a goal...but now i'm just afraid he will get a penalty, turn the puck over, or injure one of his teammates. he's actually become the proverbial detriment to the team.
Maybe his chances are standing out too much in my mind, but I thought he was OK. Has his play trailed off? Yes. But IMO he wasn't so poor last night as to deserve everything he's getting in this thread. By reading the comments, you'd think he had four giveaways for breakaways, three minors, and slapped a 5 year old on his way off the ice.

BrandNewDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 09:40 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Maybe his chances are standing out too much in my mind, but I thought he was OK. Has his play trailed off? Yes. But IMO he wasn't so poor last night as to deserve everything he's getting in this thread. By reading the comments, you'd think he had four giveaways for breakaways, three minors, and slapped a 5 year old on his way off the ice.
Did he not have yet another delay of game penalty last night? Fortunately we killed it off, but my point remains that he is contributing practically nothing. I was joking during the game (when we were up 5-0) that we would end up winning 8-1 and Drury would be -1 on the night.

And regarding his play trailing off...off a cliff is more like it.