HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston-Calgary

Old
01-19-2011, 06:31 PM
FLaMeRss

vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Coach Parker
I could see Wheeler and Ryder being enough.

Colborne
Wheeler
Ryder
Toronto's 1st in 2011

for

Iginla

Three young pieces for Calgary to build upon that would make the 2011-2012 Flames but Wheeler would be the only Bruin next year due to the young depth already in place.

I could also see Bruins fans trying to replace Wheeler with Ference in this deal as well.

not disagreeing with this but i do believe if somehting like this happens........CGY needs a guy like Krejci coming back the other way instead of Wheeler. I think CGY then gets a potential 1st line center to play with for the future.

FLaMeRss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 06:32 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintMorose View Post
If that enough to make Iggy fit Calgary takes it; assuming we lose a few more games and Iginla okays it
I see the friendships he has with Recchi, Ference, Bergeron, Lucic and Savard being a big reason for him willing to waive to go to Boston.

Add in the potential for the next couple years for a Cup, the pressure-release of not being a captain in a Canadian city and the ability to have three lines that contribute to take more pressure of his scoring and you have a one of the largest incentives for him to move out of any team.

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 06:34 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLaMeRss View Post

Colborne
Wheeler
Ryder
Toronto's 1st in 2011

for

Iginla

Three young pieces for Calgary to build upon that would make the 2011-2012 Flames but Wheeler would be the only Bruin next year due to the young depth already in place.

I could also see Bruins fans trying to replace Wheeler with Ference in this deal as well.

not disagreeing with this but i do believe if somehting like this happens........CGY needs a guy like Krejci coming back the other way instead of Wheeler. I think CGY then gets a potential 1st line center to play with for the future.
If you do not believe that Colborne could be that 1A center than the replacement is simple;

Take out the Toronto 1st and Colborne and replace it with Krejci and the Boston 1st. Boston continues to develop Colborne to replace Krejci and drafts in the top ten in 2011.

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 07:15 PM
SPV
Zoinks!

not that I can't see the positives in acquiring Iginla, but don't Bruins fans see our puck moving defensive abilities as a bigger weakness. I'm more inclined to take a run a Bouwmeester if available than Iginla. He's younger, and addresses a bigger need.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 02:51 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Except Pronger lead many teams to the cup win or lose he has a ton of cup experience. Iginla not so much
2 is many?... the 1st time Pronger was traded he had exactly the same amount of Cup Final Experience... the 2nd time he was on a pretty stacked team and Niedermayer was even more valuable than Pronger to that team...

you also have to realize Pronger has played for better teams than Iginla through his career and Pronger has a reputation as being a dirty player who can hurt his team as much as help it... Pronger may have 1 more finals appearance and a Stanley Cup ring... but Iginla has league wide respect and has shown as recently as last year that he is a big game player

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 02:53 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLaMeRss View Post

Colborne
Wheeler
Ryder
Toronto's 1st in 2011

for

Iginla

or you try and develop Colborne into a #1 center and hopefully see the Leafs continuing to get hammered like they did tonight... and then we have a good shot at drafting a center too

Old
01-20-2011, 04:09 AM
WalterHeisenberg

vCash: 133
Steal for Calgary IMO

WalterHeisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 08:05 AM
doofydoofer08*

If you do not believe that Colborne could be that 1A center than the replacement is simple;

Take out the Toronto 1st and Colborne and [B]replace it with Krejci and the Boston 1st. Boston continues to develop Colborne to replace Krejci and drafts in the top ten in 2011.

WE ARE NOT MOVING KREJCI dont even offer him lol its not gonna happen

doofydoofer08* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 08:15 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Leafs 1st rounder isn't being moved, maybe our 1st but not the Leafs pick, looking like another lottery pick

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 09:37 AM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

Quote:
Originally Posted by doofydoofer08 View Post

Take out the Toronto 1st and Colborne and [B]replace it with Krejci and the Boston 1st. Boston continues to develop Colborne to replace Krejci and drafts in the top ten in 2011.

WE ARE NOT MOVING KREJCI dont even offer him lol its not gonna happen
What makes you 100% about that? Seriously, no one is untouchable, and David Krejci is no exception. IF a deal comes along that makes the team better (long/short term), you better bet Krejci is available. He's very good, but he can be had. Not saying he's gonna get let go for cheap, but he's playing 1a/1b center right now with a team that has 4 top 9 centers. Again, no reason to give him up for cheap, but we gotta keep an open mind about it.

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 09:55 AM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
while I don't have an issue with your proposal i think people need to realize this is not a Hossa or Kovalchuk situation... this is closer to the situation Pronger was in when he went from Anaheim to Philadelphia...

this is not a rental where you have 1 shot at the cup... its a situation where you get a 30-35 goal scorer who is labelled as one of the great leaders in the game for 3 tries at the cup... so not only could you have teams that think they can win this year bidding for his services... you could have teams that think they will be able to win in the next 3 years bidding...

this has potential to be a true bidding war... thats why the Toronto 1st could easily be in play... because one of your biggest rivals in Montreal can likely match anything you put in a deal except that pick... that pick puts you in the drivers seat in any bidding war and you do it without crippling your franchise

And what did Philly give up? Lupul(young roster guy similar to Wheeler), Sbisa(prospect) and 2 1sts which are likely to be from 26-30 range.

The TOR 1st will not be in play and if it is you're likely not getting Colborne as well.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 09:57 AM
Oates2Neely

The most I give for Iginla is Colborne, BOS 1st & prospect. His contract brings his value down, as does his age. Great player, just on the wrong side of the hill to expect the return package Flames fans are proposing.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 10:04 AM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
The most I give for Iginla is Colborne, BOS 1st & prospect. His contract brings his value down, as does his age. Great player, just on the wrong side of the hill to expect the return package Flames fans are proposing.
I'd give both of those and Wheeler and maybe another later round pick.

Typically when these types of player get dealt it's for quite a bit less then what people were expecting.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 02:15 PM
ComixZone

what does everyone think of:

To Boston: Robyn Regehr, Curtis Glencross
To Calgary: Michael Ryder, Joe Colborne, BOS 1st in 2011

ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 02:17 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post

Ewww....

That package (or less) should be able to get Boston Tomas Kaberle. He is what Boston needs. Not another stay at home defenseman that can't move the puck out of his own end.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 03:31 PM
FlamesFan18

vCash: 50
If im the Flames, I do this

TO CGY

Joe Pavelski

TO SJ

Robyn Regher

FlamesFan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 03:36 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFan18 View Post
If im the Flames, I do this

TO CGY

Joe Pavelski

TO SJ

Robyn Regher
neither team does that (and what does that have to do with Boston & Calgary?)... the Sharks aren't in need of another shutdown defenseman... and the Flames don't need yet another 2nd line center

Old
01-20-2011, 03:49 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
And what did Philly give up? Lupul(young roster guy similar to Wheeler), Sbisa(prospect) and 2 1sts which are likely to be from 26-30 range.

The TOR 1st will not be in play and if it is you're likely not getting Colborne as well.
the Pronger deal was made at the draft so Anaheim knew where at least 1 of the picks stood... they got the 21st in 2009, a 1st in 2010, 3rd in 2010 or 2011 (Ducks choice), Sbisa & Lupul

the difference between what we are asking and that deal is 1 high pick instead of 2 lower picks... would you rather this??...

1st in 2011
1st in 2012
3rd in 2012 or 2013
Colborne
Wheeler

oh right and we can't forget the prospect Anaheim gave up in Ryan Dingle who has the worst HF ranking I've ever seen at a 6.5F

Old
01-20-2011, 03:57 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post

Tempting, very tempting honestly.

I think I'd remove Glencross and try to replace the Bruins 1st with a Minnesota 2nd. Or try to replace Glencross with someone who makes more sense. Babchuk for instance. You'd get the first but the Flames blueline would be decimated.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 04:03 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
the Pronger deal was made at the draft so Anaheim knew where at least 1 of the picks stood... they got the 21st in 2009, a 1st in 2010, 3rd in 2010 or 2011 (Ducks choice), Sbisa & Lupul

the difference between what we are asking and that deal is 1 high pick instead of 2 lower picks... would you rather this??...

1st in 2011
1st in 2012
3rd in 2012 or 2013
Colborne
Wheeler

oh right and we can't forget the prospect Anaheim gave up in Ryan Dingle who has the worst HF ranking I've ever seen at a 6.5F
I would rather have Pronger then Iginla. Even more so if you consider Pronger's cap hit is $2+ million cheaper.

Old
01-20-2011, 04:13 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
I would rather have Pronger then Iginla. Even more so if you consider Pronger's cap hit is $2+ million cheaper.
Add on the lengths of their contracts and Iggy's is much more attractive IMO, Especially for a team like Boston who will have some young RFA's needing new contract extensions as Iggy's deal comes to an end.

Also Iginla will not command a 7m caphit once his current deal expires.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 04:23 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Add on the lengths of their contracts and Iggy's is much more attractive IMO, Especially for a team like Boston who will have some young RFA's needing new contract extensions as Iggy's deal comes to an end.

Chris Pronger @ $4,921,429 > Jarome Iginla @ $7,000,000

And I don't think you are going to find many people that agree with you on this one.

Old
01-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Rob Zepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
God no.

The Toronto first doesn't enter the conversation unless there's another team out there offering a top 5-10 pick, and I honestly doubt that.

Krejci is a fine starting point, but he goes a long in way in making this a realistic deal. Keep Tanguay, Boston neither wants nor needs him, remove the Toronto first and add the Bruins first.

Krejci + Boston 1st for Iginla is a solid foundation.
I am sure Boston would jump all over this. $7.5 million for three more years for Iginla in his current form ..... in CAP era, sure they will jump all over it.

Rob Zepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 04:29 PM
BruinsPortugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post

Actually we will have some young RFA's needing new contracts before Iginla deal ends so...

Im all for Iginla but that contract is a serious knock, at lest for Boston.

BruinsPortugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 04:39 PM
dm1371

Calgary would take that and run.

It's basically:

Colborne
Wheeler
Ryder
Couturier/Larsson/Landeskog/RNH/Murphy/Huberdeau

for