HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Okposo Update -- **SCHEDULED TO PLAY VS. CAPS**

Old
01-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Islander Prophet

vCash: 500
I hope Okposo plays with Tavares and Moulson...

Islander Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:22 PM
RoseTintedVisor
Frans Nielsen?!?!?

Okpokolypse.....now!

RoseTintedVisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2011, 09:48 PM
Le Golie

I hope people have realistic expectations. He's stepping in cold and it's not easy to catch up to a pace you can't replicate in practice.

If he stays healthy and gets 10 goals while playing that solid all around game, it'll be a productive half season for him.

Le Golie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 01:25 AM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Golie View Post
I hope people have realistic expectations. He's stepping in cold and it's not easy to catch up to a pace you can't replicate in practice.

If he stays healthy and gets 10 goals while playing that solid all around game, it'll be a productive half season for him.
WTF ovechtrick or we riot

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 03:54 AM
Bones45

as long as everyone espects KO to do very little the first couple of games, everything will be fine.

Im sure he'll get dimished minutes and be behind the play for quite a while...ya just can't jump right in for your first game after missing 4 months.

Bones45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 09:09 AM
Hip Of Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones45 View Post
as long as everyone espects KO to do very little the first couple of games, everything will be fine.

Im sure he'll get dimished minutes and be behind the play for quite a while...ya just can't jump right in for your first game after missing 4 months.
Why is he not playing a game or 2 in Bport to get him to NHL speed? I forgot, Snow is in charge

Hip Of Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 09:17 AM
Brunomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Of Rick View Post
Why is he not playing a game or 2 in Bport to get him to NHL speed? I forgot, Snow is in charge
Because that would be the smart thing to do, but I forgot it's so much better for a guy rehabbing off an injury with no training camp and just a couple week's practices under his belt to jump right back into NHL action. It's so crazy it just might work!

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 10:20 AM
stevedepot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
Because that would be the smart thing to do, but I forgot it's so much better for a guy rehabbing off an injury with no training camp and just a couple week's practices under his belt to jump right back into NHL action. It's so crazy it just might work!

bravo.

so glad to see there's fans who get it.

He's 22 years old with only 2 full NHL seasons (3rd was a cup of coffee after being pulled from college) not a 5 year veteran.

Fact is he's only had 1 NHL FULL CONTACT practice. I don't care how long he's been practicing, that is not very prudent to send him in especially when we begin a 5 games in 7 nights stretch.

I'm sure his minutes will be diminished but the risk is greater than any reward. Hope Wanger sold some more tix.

stevedepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 10:25 AM
kasper11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Of Rick View Post
Well, in all fairness, playing for the Isles isn't much different from playing for an AHL team to get into shape.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 11:00 AM
Brunomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedepot View Post
bravo.

so glad to see there's fans who get it.

He's 22 years old with only 2 full NHL seasons (3rd was a cup of coffee after being pulled from college) not a 5 year veteran.

Fact is he's only had 1 NHL FULL CONTACT practice. I don't care how long he's been practicing, that is not very prudent to send him in especially when we begin a 5 games in 7 nights stretch.

I'm sure his minutes will be diminished but the risk is greater than any reward. Hope Wanger sold some more tix.
Really??? Only 1 full contact practice? Also that means jack **** in terms of contact because during the season no one in practice really tries to hit each other or play anywhere near what the lmax evel of physicality they would in a game. I just hope he can handle it and it isn't rushed because one huge hit could turn ugly fast if not.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2011, 11:12 AM
stevedepot

Really, they don't go all out? Who knew?

full contact practices mean alot more than JUST 1, and the point was that he is not ready to be thrown in the fire. This is all about selling some tix.

stevedepot is offline   Reply With Quote